Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The official hockey thread

Started by rosebud#9, Sep 22, 2005, 06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Is anyone even watching anymore? Haha, nonetheless I'm obviously anxious for tonight. It would be really satisfying to beat Rask and Chara and Marchand. I fucking hate Boston. Even more than Philadelphia in 2010.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Heh, i kinda lost interest to be honest. At this point though i hope for the hawks to take it. I fucking hate boston like cholera! I'm not a hawks fan, but Boston is definitely the antagonist in this story (which is good for dramaturgy i guess).

pillswithwine

Crazylegs

because of all the assholes

bright lights, big city

I don't really mind Brady/Belichick anymore, I really like what they do with the Patriots. But I've just always despised the other teams in general. Plus the fans are asshole like Crazylegs said.

When I was a kid my parents took me to Boston on a road trip. One day I wore my Bulls "1996 Greatest Team Ever" tshirt. I was like 12. And about a dozen people that day gave me a lot of shit.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

Bruins fans are generally assholes and though I'm a Detroit Red Wings fan through and through, I actually really like the Bruins. They've been my number 2 team for many many years. Also Chicago booted my beloved Red Wings (though I gotta say, Chicago earned that series and I give them major props for that) so naturally, I'm pulling for Boston.

bright lights, big city

I hear you man, I've got a 2nd and 3rd team haha. What an epic game 1. Hawks kinda stole that one. They really played like shit for most of the first 2 periods, and thank god for Crawford being fantastic.

This series looks to be legendary.
DERP

sing blue silver

After game one, this is looking to be one hell of a series.

bright lights, big city

What an epic series! Also great how the Bruins go down similar to how they took out Toronto.

DERP

bright lights, big city

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 10, 2010, 02:59 PM
i love how Kane was really the only one who knew it was in all the way. i've watched this video like 15 times already. and that move he made right before he shot to shake Timonen... i got a boner from it.
Patrick Kane Game 6 Stanley Cup Winning Goal
I still get chills from that. And now another incredible finish in a Game 6 on the road.
Final Minutes of Blackhawks 2013 Stanley Cup Win (Both Goals)
DERP

schlueter

Time to get shitty at the parade. Hope it's not so fucking hot out this time

bright lights, big city

You know it'll probably be hot and humid. At least the main event is at Grant Park this time, and not that tight quarters Michigan Avenue bullshit.
DERP

schlueter

It's gonna be a long ass stumbling day

bright lights, big city

New season! Looking forward to these new divisions in action. Still think they need 2 expansion teams in the West to even out the East and West (preferrably Seattle and Portland or a Canadian team). The Pacific looks stacked though. I've read that San Jose is the real deal this season, as is Vancouver with Tortorella coaching now.
DERP

Crazylegs

Good opening night it seems like. From the highlights all three games looked pretty intense. I'd agree that San Jose and Vancouver look good, but don't they always? They gotta start thinking about winning some cups before their star players retire, or become "not so star players".

bright lights, big city

Exactly, they have been known to choke. An interesting thing I read from one of ESPN's writers was that they went out on a limb and picked the Coyotes as their best team in the West. I know they have a really good defense and coach, but jesus that sounds like a stretch. They were so terrible last year, but the guy thinks being stabilized with new ownership and all that will work wonders. We'll see I guess.

Hawks looked pretty good against a good team, so that's all I care about, haha.
DERP

Crazylegs

That is a pretty weird pick. I'd say the safest bets are still Vancouver and Chicago.

Crazylegs

It's a nice time to be an avs fan, this season opening has been quite a surprise.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Crazylegs on Oct 23, 2013, 12:35 PM
It's a nice time to be an avs fan, this season opening has been quite a surprise.
DAMNIT ROY!
DERP

Crazylegs

It's almost poetic. Can it be a coincedence that the goalies are playing so good under Roy? Still it's early in the season though, this can't go on forever, but i'd love it if they made the playoffs again. It's been too long.