Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The official hockey thread

Started by rosebud#9, Sep 22, 2005, 06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyRibItsBroke

i get excited about hockey, the sport that keeps me entertained and that i've been playing since i was 6. it keeps me in amazing shape, it gives me something to do, and it's given me a team with which i've made many life long friendships.

from what i know about you, and the things you get excited about based on your posts (and i'm basing them only on your posts and not what you're actually like because unlike you i don't make judgments about people i don't truly know), you smoke weed and make internet friends.

and if you tell me i'm a loser for getting excited over sports than i guess most of the people in the world are a bunch of losers.

MyRibItsBroke

ah, it took us til OT, but we beat the damn rangers :)

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: "MyRibItsBroke"i get excited about hockey, the sport that keeps me entertained and that i've been playing since i was 6. it keeps me in amazing shape, it gives me something to do, and it's given me a team with which i've made many life long friendships.

from what i know about you, and the things you get excited about based on your posts (and i'm basing them only on your posts and not what you're actually like because unlike you i don't make judgments about people i don't truly know), you smoke weed and make internet friends.

and if you tell me i'm a loser for getting excited over sports than i guess most of the people in the world are a bunch of losers.

QuoteIts all good man i was just joking. I play sports too, im pretty badass too, im a facist pitcher, i strike everybody out. Ill beat some ass in basketball and i can dunk, i quit playing football cause fuck it, and i can do anything cause im an athlete. All while smoking buddah and making internet friends.respect though, my bro played alittle hockey, its aight.

Fireal1222

i dont follow hockey one bit. and i never will. but i understand the basics of the sports, and although i never watch it. i must say i enjoy it alot

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lithium royalty

houston's probably getting an nhl team soon..

MyRibItsBroke

it would be retarded if houston got a team.

if they did, it'd probably be the penguins.

rosebud#9

Canucks beat Carolina lastnight!!

WOoot!

and Cory I agree with you, hockey's been my favorite sport since I was like 9. My Dad's company's had season tickets since I can remember.  I've gone through phases of liking Baseball but that was when I was playing it too..now i just watch hockey, come on now there's nothing more exciting than a good hockey game on a Saturday night..

MyRibItsBroke

um i think the canucks played phoenix last night.

carolina destroyed the canadiens last night.

MyRibItsBroke

well the olympics break is upon us. this ought to give the flyers some time to get fucking healthy.

Corleone

you mean, time for forsberg to injure himself at the olympics? lol

4th Eye

I would've liked to see Joni Pitkänen in the olympic team...and of course Kipper in goal.

But Finland's playing well anyway, 5-0 and 6-0 so far. ;D

MyRibItsBroke

kipper is amazing, i love that guy

4th Eye

Kipper's the reason I like the Calgary Flames.

Olympics newsflash:

Finland - Czech Republic: 4 - 2
Niittymäki was great on goal and the Lehtinen-Koivu-Selänne trio is on fire! Though too bad for czechs that Jagr got injured.

In 21 hours...Finland vs. Canada. Stay tuned!

4th Eye

Quote from: 4th Eye on Feb 18, 2006, 10:53 PM
2-0. Haha, Canada got shut out again.

Looks like Philly's goalie situation is good, Niittymäki is just getting better and better.

MyRibItsBroke

Quote from: 4th Eye on Feb 18, 2006, 10:53 PM
Kipper's the reason I like the Calgary Flames.

Olympics newsflash:

Finland - Czech Republic: 4 - 2
Niittymäki was great on goal and the Lehtinen-Koivu-Selänne trio is on fire! Though too bad for czechs that Jagr got injured.

jagr is out? yesss. hopefully it'll sustain into the NHL season.

4th Eye

Quote from: MyRibItsBroke on Feb 20, 2006, 01:43 AM
jagr is out? yesss. hopefully it'll sustain into the NHL season.
Nope. Was out just two periods and he's healthy again. Had an assist in the next game already.

Tomorrow Finland has a game against Germany and then the first playoff game against US.

MyRibItsBroke

4th Eye

Quote from: MyRibItsBroke on Feb 21, 2006, 04:24 AM
the US sucks this year.
True that. Got kicked out though they did give a good game. Three goals are better than anyone got against Finland in this tournament so far.

But I think the US had the oldest team in the tournament, Chelios being the oldest player at 44.

So far seems like Russia will be the next opponent. Canada is getting shut out again.

fightclubche

As long as russia, slovakia, or the czechs win, I'm happy.

MyRibItsBroke