Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The official hockey thread

Started by rosebud#9, Sep 22, 2005, 09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4th Eye

Yes, I'm following the playoffs and I'd also prefer Penguins rather than the Red Wings.....though Stars should come up with a big surprise.

But currently the World Championships is more important to me. Finland beat USA 3-2 on overtime couple of hours ago and next we'll eliminate team Russia.

Corleone

Yeah the finals should be good.

Go Canada :)

Heatley - Getzlaf - Nash

it's over :)

Corleone

russia played really good, those guys have skillz

4th Eye

Yes, they deserved to win and I think all the medals went to right teams.

Corleone

Yeah they had way better players than us, Olympics will be a different story when all our players want to play.

Corleone

4th Eye

Anyone followed what's been happening in the NHL during summer? Transfers and drafts, I mean.

Might be because I'm bored at work but I've been checking the NHL news daily and I've gotten excited of the upcoming season. Probably the biggest thing was Marian Hossa's trade to Detroit. Reigning champions have almost the same team as couple of months ago but added a world-class player into the roster. I got to admire how they fit that roster under the salary cap. Definitely strongest contender for the Stanley Cup, again.

Strong contenders for the other end of the standings, Toronto, have made couple of...uh, surprising transfers. Hagman and Finger with the salaries probably too big for their skills. Sundin's still thinking his future. If the Maple Leafs can't keep Sundin in their roster, they're pretty much fucked. Though maybe there's a reason for going down; maybe they want the first pick of next summer's draft...after all, the hype for the next wonderkid, John Tavares, has been quite big.

Speaking of Sundin, there are still couple of players in the same situation, mainly Joe Sakic and Teemu Selänne. I really do hope all of them keep playing and start the season from beginning.

I'm predicting the Red Wings to win it all, Ovechkin will score most goals and Thornton wins the Art Ross Trophy. Rookie of the year is probably first round pick Steven Stamkos though I hope that Janne Pesonen of the Penguins, best scorer in Finland last season, breaks into the two first lines of Pittsburgh's roster and put up some good numbers.

Well, it's still too early to say anything but I'm expecting an entertaining season anyway..............

bright lights, big city

yeah i havent really kept track, just looking forward to see how the Blackhawks do. Also my goal is to see them at that winter classic on new years at Wrigley field against the Red Wings.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

4th Eye

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 13, 2008, 08:49 AM
yeah i havent really kept track, just looking forward to see how the Blackhawks do. Also my goal is to see them at that winter classic on new years at Wrigley field against the Red Wings.

I'd guess the Blackhawks will do better this year. Kane and Toews are a year older, they got Campbell and Huet and if Havlat stays healthy, a playoff spot is possible. Just makes me wonder why they signed Huet since Khabibulin already enjoys a huge salary, or maybe they're trying to sell Khabby. And they got promising goalie prospects too. Future looks bright.

My hometown team are having an outdoor game too this year. Should be cool.

bright lights, big city

khabibulin is on his way out, i think....but yeah if the NHL had more of those outdoor games, omg would they become so much more popular
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

Quote from: 4th Eye on Aug 13, 2008, 08:02 AM
Anyone followed what's been happening in the NHL during summer? Transfers and drafts, I mean.

Toronto, have made couple of...uh, surprising transfers. Hagman and Finger with the salaries probably too big for their skills. Sundin's still thinking his future. If the Maple Leafs can't keep Sundin in their roster, they're pretty much fucked. Though maybe there's a reason for going down; maybe they want the first pick of next summer's draft...after all, the hype for the next wonderkid, John Tavares, has been quite big.

Speaking of Sundin, there are still couple of players in the same situation, mainly Joe Sakic and Teemu Selänne. I really do hope all of them keep playing and start the season from beginning.

Yeah I follow it all. Hagman is getting paid a justified amount, finger got overpaid but that's what happens with free agency and the cap going up every year.

Sundin, I hope he comes back, not to make the playoffs but just to see him on the leafs one more season would be awesome.

Leafs that I'm hoping step it up:

Tlusty
Kulemin
Steen

If not it's going to be a long season. Atleast we added some grit with hollweg, mayers, finger and frogren. Not the same pushover as last season IMO.

Corleone

Apperently McCabe is going to Florida, sure hope it's true and we get something decent.

untz untz untz

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 13, 2008, 02:54 PM
but yeah if the NHL had more of those outdoor games, omg would they become so much more popular

I'm with the crowd that says eliminate the all star game and just have the winter classic.  Oh, and I'll be there this year after the umphreys NYE shows... along with a bunch of other people.

bright lights, big city

DERP

goldpony

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 09, 2008, 10:54 PM
TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!!

for the baseball playoffs!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

i would watch more hockey if theyplayed outdoors. there is just something about hockey on tv i cant watch (it doesn't help that i live in the blue jackets hometown)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Corleone

<--- new mask ;D

Watching the game tonight vs the redwings, they are going to unveal the banner, something the leafs won't be seeing anytime soon.

go leafs/devils :)

ablackswan

here we go, the stanley cup playoffs.

any forecast?
*Tous ensemble pour leur foutre au cul*

Quote from: VesanicJustin Bieber sounds like Adrenaline

bright lights, big city

just that the blackhawks make some noise, that'd be great. but i think that the sharks overall are the team to beat.
DERP

devilinside

Dammit Nashville....alway's blowing it at the last minute!

Corleone

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 14, 2009, 12:15 AM
just that the blackhawks make some noise, that'd be great. but i think that the sharks overall are the team to beat.

Nah Detroit is always the team to beat, but I see good things for the Hawks in these playoffs.

Hawks/Wings   vs    Devils/Penguins