Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The official hockey thread

Started by rosebud#9, Sep 22, 2005, 06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

or anyone but Philly/Detroit
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

Can't change the final picks in the middle of the playoffs

fuck the pens though

devilinside

Welp...we get to play Vancouver. *bleh*  I personally think Rinne is a better goalie than Luongo,so hopefully since we've had time to rest we'll have the advantage.

bright lights, big city

Luongo looked shaky last night, we just couldn't really get any offensive momentum. But is was a satisfying conclusion to a what turned out to be a great series, so I'm really not pissed off. I think the Hawks have some good young talent for next year, AND we finally have a franchise goalie. Crawford was absolutely unbelievable the last few games. We just need our stars to get that championship hunger back that they lacked most of this season.

I'm looking forward to potentially seeing the Preds full off a nice upset.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Norway just beat Sweden for the first time ever! And probably the last time too.

sing blue silver

that bruins blowout yesterday was fun to watch. god boucher sucks. philly may be one of the best offensive teams in the league but with goaltending like that they won't be getting much farther.

lostpilot

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOCKEY.

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

DERP

devilinside

Quote from: lostpilot on May 01, 2011, 11:32 AM
I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOCKEY.
Quote from: Crazylegs on May 01, 2011, 11:53 AM
Too bad for you man.

I concur. Hockey is the shit!

And Nashville winning in double OT!?! Fuck,I thought that game was never gonna end. I have to say,Vancouver's defense when it comes to someone getting close to the goal is awesome...it's like there are 4 goalies working. Nashville had a strong first period,but when Vancouver scored that first goal,they started lagging big time. And that first goal on Luongo was pretty embarrassing. I think Rinne did an awesome job,seems like he's been the only one on the team working. My boys better step it up next game,and I'll be there to cheer them on.

Crazylegs

Quote from: devilinside on May 01, 2011, 05:30 PMI think Rinne did an awesome job

He's a beast. That save on bieksa was pretty amazing, even though Bieksa didn't exactly place it where he wanted.

black coffee

The Slovaks were fighting well after being down 0:4, but it was too late. Slovenia next, should be the weakest team of the group so I expect a win here

devilinside

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 01, 2011, 05:47 PM
Quote from: devilinside on May 01, 2011, 05:30 PMI think Rinne did an awesome job

He's a beast. That save on bieksa was pretty amazing, even though Bieksa didn't exactly place it where he wanted.

If we didn't have him, I don't think we would have gotten as far as we have.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?&id=112445

I personally like his break dancing! LOL

Quote from Barry Melrose: "the greatest unknown goalie and that's only because he plays in Nashville...if he were in New York, he'd be one of the greatest players in the world."

Guess people should start giving Nashville more credit.

bright lights, big city

Crawford's totally better. Just sayin'.
DERP

devilinside

Hey...everyone is entitled to their OPINION.
;D

devilinside

Wow...tonight's game was noting but horrible calls by the refs. Hooking? Are you kidding me?!? Kesler was holding Weber,and that wasn't the first time in the game that Kesler played like a bitch.He and Luongo should win an Academy Award instead of the Stanley Cup. Then the Canucks had 7 players on the ice at one time and they let it go. Shady calls most definitely. Nashville didn't play their best,I'll admit,but damn a bunch of bad calls.

black coffee

Do Americans and Canadians even care for the World Championship at all? Given that the NHL is in its final phase and winning it means way more to the players.

Anyways, tonights matches should be really good:

USA vs. Sweden

and

Czech Republic vs. Finland

bright lights, big city

No for hockey we really only get excited for the NHL playoffs and the Olympics

And yes Luongo is an actress.
DERP

devilinside

Do they even televise World hockey here in America? I don't think I have ever seen it. :( But I would definitely like to check it out.

bright lights, big city

Probably on some random cable channel that I don't have or never watch. With all the Versus and ESPN watching I do, I've never seen any advertising for them.
DERP