Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The official hockey thread

Started by rosebud#9, Sep 22, 2005, 06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

I can't wait till they re-align the divisions/conferences. Winnipeg could completely mess with the Central Division.

I just hope Detroit goes to the East.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

Shea Weber got 7.5 million in arbitration, damn that's alot of coin

oh and Zach Parise to Leafs next summer  :D

bright lights, big city

I think Toronto is a playoff team now. And I can't wait for hockey season to start (especially since there won't be a basketball season).

Has anyone heard about the Islanders potentially moving? I heard it yesterday on PTI briefly, but haven't seen or heard anything else about it.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

I hope we are, Bozak is now our 3rd/4th line center, last year he was playing with kessel.

I've heard about the islanders, they need a new arena, and it's not looking good sofar.

bright lights, big city

they should move either to Hartford or Quebec City. come on NHL, at least bring back The Whale!
DERP

Geogaddii

There will be laughs about this but, I am a Florida Panthers fan and I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!

bright lights, big city

And to that I say at least one of the two Florida teams also needs to move. Same with Phoenix. GTFO.
DERP

Geogaddii

Neither one will be moved anytime soon. Tampa has one a cup and is on the rise once again.

The Panthers however on the rise as well after their activity this off-season have a deal on their stadium until the 2030's. If anyone tried to move them, it would be one messy legal battle after another. Hockey in Florida can work, it just needs to be run properly and it looks like both teams are finally headed in that direction.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Corleone

bright lights, big city

That's pretty terrible. Korolev, McCrimmon, and Demitra, I remember watching them when I was a kid. And Demitra, he was just on the Canucks last season, wasn't he?
DERP

Crazylegs

I think so. This is just horrible.

Geogaddii

The season needs to start sooner... On a bright note, the flight attendant is likely to survive;

@SlavaMalamud
Doc: "Sizov's (flight attendant) condition better. 10-15% burns, hip trauma, broken bone at the base of the skull, shock."

And the one player who has survived is in a coma with 90% burns;

@SlavaMalamud
Doctor: "Galimov is alive and will be alive short-term, at least. His condition extremely critical. Had several surgeries" (Sport-Express)

devilinside

Yeah,there were two former Preds on that flight,Karlis Skrastins and Josef Vasicek. Then the week before Belak killed himself. Pretty shitty,I hope nothing else bad happens. :(

Corleone

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 12, 2011, 07:19 PM
Yeah,there were two former Preds on that flight,Karlis Skrastins and Josef Vasicek. Then the week before Belak killed himself. Pretty shitty,I hope nothing else bad happens. :(

I'm pretty sure cause of death wasn't determined.

Crazylegs

Yeah, i thought so too. Rypien comitted suicide though.

bright lights, big city

So on top of all death this off-season, did you guys know next off-season we're getting a lockout? Great timing and all, now that the NHL is finally recovering from their last lockout debacle.
DERP

Crazylegs

What! Stupid, lame, and gay. have i understood correctly if i think that means that there won't be any nhl next season. An explanation of the concept of a lockout would be much apreciated.