Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The official hockey thread

Started by rosebud#9, Sep 22, 2005, 06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

It could be like the NFL strike that just happened, where a time will come and both sides realize they need to play to make more money, and then shit gets worked out. The current NBA is bad though, the owners and players are so far apart. Teams are losing money left and right because they hand out huge unnecessary contracts.

I don't know much about next years's NHL lockout, but I've heard that it's not good. That could be just to scare fans, though, because I'm pretty sure they have the same problems as the NFL: a lot of teams are making good money, players want a bigger piece, and then an underlying safety issue.

I just heard about it recently, and it scared me, because hockey's been a roll lately. But this coming season is the only sport I'm actually anticipating. Ain't gonna worry about it till next August or so.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

They can't afford another lockout. Won't happen, they must have learned from the last one.

devilinside

Quote from: Corleone on Sep 12, 2011, 09:18 PM
Quote from: devilinside on Sep 12, 2011, 07:19 PM
Yeah,there were two former Preds on that flight,Karlis Skrastins and Josef Vasicek. Then the week before Belak killed himself. Pretty shitty,I hope nothing else bad happens. :(

I'm pretty sure cause of death wasn't determined.

A close friend of mines father in law is a sponsor for the Preds (Bradshaw Collision if you care to see if I'm bullshitting),and he's had several people 'in the know' that have confirmed he hung himself. There have also been several media outlets that have said Wades father has talked about this. Just sayin.

bright lights, big city

yeah I've heard we've had 2 suicides and a drug overdose (which I think probably could've been chalked up to a suicide as well) for the 3 enforcers that've died.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

Hockey starts this week!!!!!

Predictions?

I'm thinking if Crosby is Crosby than Pitts Vs LA final.

Crazylegs

that's a good guess. I'd go with something like that aswell. LA are going to be a force to be reckoned with this year. And Pittsburgh have looked very good in the preseason without Crosby.

bright lights, big city

so has Bettman sent out the memo to all the players telling them to take it easy on Crosby yet?
DERP

Corleone

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 02, 2011, 11:45 PM
so has Bettman sent out the memo to all the players telling them to take it easy on Crosby yet?

Well Shannahan is suspending anything that comes in contact with the head, so yeah. Definitely.

Eros TBA

bright lights, big city

DERP

roflestiltskin

bright lights, big city

DERP

sing blue silver

21 straight at the Joe!! Between this and a new Coheed song, today has been amazing.

bright lights, big city

I really really dislike you right now.
DERP

sing blue silver

bright lights, big city

The Hawks are sooooo atrocious right now.
DERP

sing blue silver

yeah that losing streak has been cringe worthy. it's too bad. they're a quality team.

Corleone

Geogaddii

My Panthers got their 1st division title and 1st playoff birth in 12 years, lets go boys!!