Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The official hockey thread

Started by rosebud#9, Sep 22, 2005, 09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Quote from: Geogaddii on Apr 08, 2012, 05:04 AM
My Panthers got their 1st division title and 1st playoff birth in 12 years, lets go boys!!

who would have thought!

bright lights, big city

Respeck yo. That home ice advantage should be huge against NJ.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Geogaddii

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 08, 2012, 10:22 PM
Quote from: Geogaddii on Apr 08, 2012, 05:04 AM
My Panthers got their 1st division title and 1st playoff birth in 12 years, lets go boys!!

who would have thought!

I actually thought we had a good chance of making the play-offs this year, but I'll take a division :). I didn't want to post anything on here or any other boards cheering the team on because after 12 years with no play-offs, you see a lot of things go south really quickly.

Home ice should help, and I do not think this series is going to be so one-sided like the experts are predicting, I think this one could go 6-7 games and most of them ending in OT. But anyways good luck to everyone in the post-season! I can't wait for things to kick-off on Wednesday.

Corleone

I think the Devils will win that series, and might even make it to the cup.

bright lights, big city

I plan on watching at least parts of every game. I'm actually pretty excited for every series because either I am a fan of one team (Hawks, Ottawa, LA), hate one team (Canucks, Sharks, Caps), think it'll be a bloodbath (Philly/Pitt), or it'll be a close series (Preds/Wings, NJ/Fla).

Quote from: Corleone on Apr 09, 2012, 11:37 PM
I think the Devils will win that series, and might even make it to the cup.
A team in the West I'm scared of is Nashville. Rinne's so good in the playoffs, and their power play is number 1 this year. They've had everyone's number in the Central this season. I think they might be my preliminary pick for the winner in the west.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

I think whoever wins the Preds/Wings series will go to the finals, probably against whoever wins Pittsburgh/Philly.

devilinside

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 10, 2012, 12:08 AM
A team in the West I'm scared of is Nashville. Rinne's so good in the playoffs, and their power play is number 1 this year. They've had everyone's number in the Central this season. I think they might be my preliminary pick for the winner in the west.

Aww...I KNEW I loved you!! ;p 

bright lights, big city

Hey, I'm just happy we're not facing each other this year. Instead of facing each other and becoming enemies, we can hate on the Red Wings together, haha.
DERP

Crazylegs

god i wish i lived in another timezone this time of year. This Philly - Pittsburgh series is going to be such a beast, and i'll probably have to settle with just watching the game highlights for all games.

I really think pittsburgh are going to repeat this year though. They've been so good most of the season without crosby, and with him back they're starting to look even more like champions. Can't wait for this shit!

devilinside

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 11, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hey, I'm just happy we're not facing each other this year. Instead of facing each other and becoming enemies, we can hate on the Red Wings together, haha.

YES!! Thought about going to the game tonight,but have to save the $$ for a trip I'm going on. We Nashvillians don't care for the Red Wings at all,when their fans come to town they are complete dicks. And I would love to be there to take a wack at this thing...

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 12, 2012, 12:51 AM
god i wish i lived in another timezone this time of year. This Philly - Pittsburgh series is going to be such a beast, and i'll probably have to settle with just watching the game highlights for all games.

I really think pittsburgh are going to repeat this year though. They've been so good most of the season without crosby, and with him back they're starting to look even more like champions. Can't wait for this shit!
That sucks, I think you're like 7 hours ahead of me. Terrible for wanting to see sports on a live feed.
DERP

sing blue silver

fuck fuck fuck. i'm still saying red wings in 6. first game was a flop. we've not been looking so great lately.

devilinside

They looked pretty spot on to me.  ;D Rinne FTW!

bright lights, big city

Something hilarious happened yesterday. I beat my friend in NHL 12 as Kazakhstan and he was Pittsburgh. Fleury gave up 10 goals. 10! Then we flip over to the game and eventually Fleury blows a 3 goal lead. Almost induced a heart attack for my buddy.
DERP

sing blue silver

That Flyers/Pens game last night was legendary. I can't describe how happy I am that Vancouver are down 2-0 in their series. And how could I forget Detroit grabbing a win to take back home. Bring it on Nashville!!

bright lights, big city

How do you give up 8 goals in the playoffs?
DERP

E-Money

Fleury had a terrible night.  It wont be like that for the rest of the series.  Still idk if the Pens can come back being down 2 games.  Especially with the next 2 in Philly. 

bright lights, big city

*watches Game 3*

*shakes head*
DERP

roflestiltskin

devilinside