Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The official hockey thread

Started by rosebud#9, Sep 22, 2005, 06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

It's looking like Kings/Coyotes might be a hell of a matchup between Smith and Quick.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

jbmp1390

Anyone see Giroux's vicious check to Dainius Zubrus' head? Unintentional, my ass.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

bright lights, big city

He's out for the game tomorrow, so hopefully that will be the last we have to talk about that Philadelphia team. Now if only their basketball team would fall off the face of the earth...
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

Never thought I'd see a semi-final including New Jersey, L.A. and Phoenix. What a baffling playoffs this has been.

Crazylegs

anyone else following the world cup?

12 - 4. U mad Germany?

black coffee

Watched both Semifinals yesterday, good thing for the Slovaks to beat their Czech rivals... but I feel like the Russians are gonna seal the deal today. Impressive win against Finland, the 2011 winner.

And about that embarrassing 4:12 defeat against Norway, its alright. Everyone I talked to about this defeat was like "ah ok, I don't care about this sport anyways"

Crazylegs

Quote from: black coffee on May 20, 2012, 01:07 PM
Watched both Semifinals yesterday, good thing for the Slovaks to beat their Czech rivals... but I feel like the Russians are gonna seal the deal today. Impressive win against Finland, the 2011 winner.

I haven't watched any of the slovakians games so i'm not sure what to expect. Russia definitely has the stronger roster though.

Quote from: black coffee on May 20, 2012, 01:07 PM
And about that embarrassing 4:12 defeat against Norway, its alright. Everyone I talked to about this defeat was like "ah ok, I don't care about this sport anyways"

That's generally how all of norway feels aswell, no one gives two flying fucks about hockey in this country, and it sucks. That is except for when the national team does well in tournaments. All of a sudden it's all the rage for a few weeks.

roflestiltskin

I'm so glad the Devils won!  I fucking hate the Rangers. 

Corleone

Marty da best, Parise also da best. But Henrique da best.

bright lights, big city

Really excited for NJ/LA Finals. Wouldn't mind seeing Brodeur go out like a boss, but I'm definitely rooting for the Kings. Would love to see them finally win one.
DERP

bright lights, big city

YES! Kings! What a fantastic playoffs.
DERP

Crazylegs

Seems like Minnesota should be contenders next season with the new signings. Let's hope there isn't a lockout.

bright lights, big city

Both signed 13 year contracts with Minnesota. Crosby signed a 12 year contract. You know Bettman hates that shit, I think there will be a lockout.
DERP

sing blue silver

I don't think I could handle another lockout.

Crazylegs

seems unavoidable now. In other news: Gabriel Landeskog is now the youngest ever nhl captain.

bright lights, big city

They can go fuck themselves if they let this go into the season. Haven't they learned anything from their past?
DERP

Corleone

World Juniors started today, just preliminary games but Canada lost to Finland :(.

Crazylegs

Wow!

I went to the watch my local team who at the moment have Eric Nystrom of Dallas Stars playin for them. He scored 4 goals and had 3 assists today. I guess norwegian teams are pretty fucking tame considering Nystrom is like a fourth line grinder in the NHL. It was a fucking awesome game though.