Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The official hockey thread

Started by rosebud#9, Sep 22, 2005, 06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

It's getting ridiculous. It definitely wouldn't be a surprise if they win the cup this year. Weird shit can happen during playoffs though.

bright lights, big city

goddamnit you guys. don't jinx the streak!! there's a reason i haven't been posting in this thread!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

well now it's on to the phase of worrying about choking in the playoffs. Hopefully the injury bug doesn't start to plague us - Sharp is out for a month at least.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Such an unfortunate set of circumstances. From what i heard they were friends, so it's hard to imagine that there was any malicious intent from the guy who delivered the hit. Terrible accident.

On a brighter note, Avs snapped the Blackhawks streak. Go Avs!

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Crazylegs on Mar 09, 2013, 11:32 PM
On a brighter note, Avs snapped the Blackhawks streak. Go Avs!
Hey screw you man! And fuck Colorado. They should still be the Nordiques.
DERP

Crazylegs

alvarezbassist17

The Wild are coming for you, Anaheim and Chi...

bright lights, big city

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Mar 24, 2013, 02:25 AM
The Wild are coming for you, Anaheim and Chi...
Well they aren't taking the 1 seed from us, but they do worry me. I can't wait for the playoffs, it'll be a dogfight, and as usual it could be anyone's Cup. LA's back, Vancouver's looking better. I'm really hoping the Hawks play Detroit in the 1st round - last time they'll play each other in the same division or conference.

And hey Minnesota will finally be in Chicago's division next season! I think they and STL will be the new big rivalries for the Hawks.
DERP

bright lights, big city

Oh and I almost forgot the reason I came into this thread - http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/16/report-there-could-be-up-to-six-outdoor-games-next-season/related/

Some say this will dilute the product, but fuck that. Outdoor hockey is amazing and will only help the league. Here's hoping Pitt/Chi at Soldier Field doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
DERP

Crazylegs

wow. I don't see a problem with it really at all. Surely it's nice for the fans of other teams than the participants of the winter classic to get the same kind of experience.

And now for something completely different: PLAYOFFS! (and world cup which interests my european ass)
Let me hear your predictions.

I'm gonna do what i  usually do and say i think Penguins will take it this year, but i'm kinda secretly hoping that the Wild will be the wild card (lol), but they've got to slay the dragon in the first round. And also i've got to root for Rangers seeing as my fellow countryman Zuccarello plays there.

bright lights, big city

no no no no NO! No Wild!! I think the Hawks will beat the Wild, it'll tough. I was really hoping to face Detroit one last time in the playoffs.

All around, I'm liking all the matchups. Looking forward to seeing the Islanders in the playoffs for once, Ottawa/Montreal, StL/LA...

For the Finals, I normally am all about the upsets and lower seeds doing well (this comes from years of having Vancouver or Detroit as the 1 seed). But this year I'm hopeful for a Hawks/Penguins finals. By far the 2 best teams out there, Pitt is so stacked, and I'd love to beat my friend's favorite team. Plus it's a rematch of the 1992 Finals, haha.
DERP

Crazylegs

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 29, 2013, 01:20 PM
But this year I'm hopeful for a Hawks/Penguins finals. By far the 2 best teams out there, Pitt is so stacked

Absolutely, i'm with you on this too. And pittsburgh have been trading like a stanley cup winner man, reminds me of colorado in 2001 when they brought in borque and blake. It's not exactly similar, but Iginla and Morrow are some fucking great veteran players.

Corleone

bright lights, big city

Another highlight of these playoffs is seeing over half the Canadian teams in the playoffs. Sorry Corleone, I've always been more of an Ottawa bro.
DERP

Corleone

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 30, 2013, 01:33 AM
Another highlight of these playoffs is seeing over half the Canadian teams in the playoffs. Sorry Corleone, I've always been more of an Ottawa bro.

That's okay, I hate all the other Canadian teams that made it, so hopefully we somehow beat the bruins.

bright lights, big city

So should we just hand the cup to the Miami Heat of hockey now?
DERP

bright lights, big city

What a comeback and what a series. And admittedly I had pretty much given up after game 4. Now it's my 2 favorite teams against each other.

Gonna really miss seeing the Wings in the same division and conference.
DERP

devilinside

I was soo worried the Wings were gonna take it! Glad they didn't though.

bright lights, big city

First Original Six matchup in the finals since 1979. And to clinch it with a hat trick goal in double OT...jeez so intense. Thank god it allowed for more time for beer drinking.
DERP