Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The official hockey thread

Started by rosebud#9, Sep 22, 2005, 06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Yeah I remember when they were awesome, haha. Obviously, I'm going against them because St Louis is causing enough trouble for the Blackhawks.

But honestly they really need to screw up to miss the playoffs. I think the new alignment means that at least 3 teams from every division make the playoffs. And after StL, Colorado, and Chicago, there are some baaaad teams in the Central division. Either way they are already exceeding everyone's expectations (probably their owns fans, too).
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Eros TBA

bright lights, big city

ooh my god I love the hawks ice girls
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

So the playoffs are here. Stoked to see the avs in there again for the first time in four years and finishing top in their division no less. This MacKinnon kid is going to be a major player in the future.

Who do you think will take it this year?

bright lights, big city

Well not my Hawks, that's looking inevitable. I've been waiting since January for Colorado to collapse. Inexperience has to show eventually right? But damn, MacKinnon looks legit. The West has been outstanding all year, so I think the winner comes out of Colorado-Anaheim. Most likely the Ducks in my opinion.

At least the Hawks got their money's worth out of the hit that probably ended their season:

DERP

Crazylegs

that hit was pretty disgusting, and Keith showed a perfect lack of class afterwards with the "wakey wakey, backes" comment. But shit man, looks like the hawks might take that series after all.

Beezus Glue

S'go Bruins. *prepares to be hit by thrown debris

Crazylegs

I can't stand Lucic and Marchand, but god damn is that team ever some good.

Such sportsmanship:

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 27, 2014, 06:38 PM
I can't stand Lucic and Marchand, but god damn is that team ever some good.

Such sportsmanship:

Yes, good. But fuck them.

But another Hawks-Bruins finals would be interesting.
DERP

Beezus Glue

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 27, 2014, 06:38 PM
I can't stand Lucic and Marchand

Haha, that's the first remark I continually get whenever it's revealed that I'm a Bruins fan. Guess I'll give you the response I give everybody else: You'd like 'em if they played for the team you support.

I hope they'll be out for blood this next round VS the Habs. A classic matchup.

Crazylegs

I'm bummed that the avs fell off already in the first round, but glad to see montreal taking game one @ boston.

bright lights, big city

Not that the Wild won't give problems to the Hawks, but a Hawks/Avs series would have been spectacular. The Hawks look hot right now, but the Avs absolutely gave them fits this season (especially at the shitty Colorado altitude).
DERP

schlueter

Love seeing sad Minnesota fans. Maybe they should have chanted "craaaaawwwford" louder to win

Crazylegs

Stoked to see my only kinsman in the nhl going on to the conference finals

bright lights, big city

Is he really the only Norwegian? Did not know that. Maybe you settle this debate my friends and I occasionally have: why doesn't Norway have a decent hockey team and produce NHLers? I always thought there should be no reason they can't  compete with Sweden and Finland.

And here's hoping for an LA rematch in the West, and a NY/Montreal finals in the East.
DERP

Crazylegs

At the moment he's the only one yeah. Unfortunately, no one cares about hockey in Norway, so we barely have any hockey rinks. It's ridiculous. In Sweden and Finland, i'm guessing, it's almost as big as football (in Finland probably even more so) which is all anyone cares about here except cross country skiing. The last few years have seen a rise in interest in certain cities around the country, but the coverage of the top league even is horrendous. During the playoff finals this year there was a game broadcast without commentaries and one fucking camera. It brings my piss to a boil! It's an infinitely more interesting game to watch than football, that's just fact.

Anyone following the world cup. I heard canada lost to france in their first match. That must have been embarrasing.

bright lights, big city

From my vantage point, that really is just unfathomable that they wouldn't give a shit about hockey at all.

And from last night, more fuel to the fire to despise Lucic and Boston (although admittedly the fans seemed to take it better than I was expecting as the seconds were winding down):
http://deadspin.com/milan-lucic-gets-heated-in-the-handshake-line-after-gam-1576694532/all
DERP

Crazylegs

Crazylegs