Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The official hockey thread

Started by rosebud#9, Sep 22, 2005, 09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

that's incredible. and it's not even a flop like you'd normally see on a hit like that. that was fucking legit. "an essence disturber"? wtf?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Announcment for the hockey enthusiast who enjoys the managerial/coaching side of things(video games):
Eastside Hockey League is back! I never even played it before, but i did play some football manager, which is essentially the same thing. It's addictive as fuck. Grab an early access version from steam right meow.

bright lights, big city

Cool, I had never even heard of that. Love general manager modes in other sports games.

You been catching any NHL games? Ready for the playoffs? As usual I'm nervous about the Hawks, especially since the West is going to be a buzzsaw. The Central division has just been brutal this year.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 09, 2015, 07:37 PM
Cool, I had never even heard of that. Love general manager modes in other sports games.

You been catching any NHL games? Ready for the playoffs? As usual I'm nervous about the Hawks, especially since the West is going to be a buzzsaw. The Central division has just been brutal this year.

It's like an in depth gm mode from NHL xx. Way in depth.
I'm always keeping up to date on nhl, man. Bummed about the avs season, obviously (i guess one couldn't expect them to repeat what they did last year). Chicaco will be a contender every time. Their core is so fucking strong.

I guess i'll be rooting for frodo again this year though.

bright lights, big city

I really do want a Hawks-Rangers final.
DERP

Crazylegs

Any predictions for the cup this year? I'm hoping for a Sharks - Capitals final. Would love to see Jumbo Joe and Marleau get a cup, or Ovi for that matter.

bright lights, big city

I'm just starting to accept that the run between the Hawks and Kings is finally over. So accepting that (probably my 2 favorite teams) I'm hoping another Western Conference team wins it all. They would definitely earn it, since each team has a brutal path to the cup. I think it'll be either the Stars or Sharks, and am rooting for the Sharks. They've earned it after all these years, and just think of the Brent Burns beard potential!!

For tradition's sake, I would like to see the Caps choke once again before reaching the Finals.
DERP

Crazylegs

haha, yeah. Looks like it's going to be Pens vs Caps in round two. They would love to lose that one i'm sure, with the superstar rivalry and all.

Corleone

I would like to see Washington or Islanders win.

Eros TBA

from_musings

Really psyched about the Nashville vs Winnipeg game tonight.Can the jets beat the preds?both teams in such good form for now but home ice for the preds and scheiffele's missing for winnipeg. Perhaps not that crucial when they have such good depth in the offensive (like nashville) but he will be missed. Should be interesting to see how laine wil act out there when he's just one goal behind ovechkin. He should be shooting from all kinds of places when he likley likes to pass Ovie in scoring and get the Rocket Richard Trophy in the end of the season. I hope Forsberg gets one or two tonight, it's been a while (feels like it). I'm not sure who will be between the pipes but I will say 3-2 to nashville, then goal number 4 in empty net - so 4-2. Go preds!

Crazylegs

The preds are unreal lately! Second place in the west too, Las Vegas, who would have thought?
It's a good year to be a hockey fan. So many spectacular players at the moment. It's gonna be interesting to see if Laine overtakes Ovechkin, either way, Ovechkin is a fucking machine still. Fourth fastest to reach 600 goals, in this day and age is an enormous achievement. I wouldn't be surprised if he reaches #2 on the all time goal scoring list if he plays into his late thirties. Gretzky's 894 is probably out of reach though Unless he keeps the same pace for the rest of his career.

from_musings

Preds just came out blasting yesterday,3-0 after just 9min, 15-1 in shots... timeout and goalkeeper change for winnipeg .what an opening it was-total dominance.it was awesome to watch.winnipeg changed tacticts after the timeout and played much more physical to change the way things were going, and it worked.2nd period was winnipegs, 3rd was back and forth but preds could keep them away. good offence, probably best defence in the entire nhl and goaltending is very solid too.rinne maybe even gets the vezina the way he has been playing.complete team. 3-1 mirrored the game i think.

I dig vegas too, they play with such speed and with good chemistry - really fun too watch.all the leftovers players that weren't protected during expansion seem to want to show the old teams that they aren't that bad. A pity now with all the injuries though, can't wait to see Neal and reilly smith back in the lineup!

surgery

The hockey fights are always remarkable, as the players' balance remains impeccable while engaging in full-fledged fistfights on the ice, all while wearing skates

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ8gmiSMQPM
ALL 102 goals, The final 2 goals by the Golden Knights were indeed extraordinary