Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

Quote from: sleeptraveler on May 01, 2006, 06:15 PM
I hear alot of talk about amazing time signatures and guitar work.  To the contrary, it's very predictable in every way.  Nothing special at all here.  The single is horrid.  This is a passable album and nothing more.  Should have been an EP.

That sounds like a hate post and I don't mean it to be.  Just my opinion is all.

How many times have you listened to the album?

Oldnewtype

He's too cool to listen to Tool, man.

Gaz

Quote from: Oldnewtype on May 01, 2006, 06:47 PM

lol, I respect his opinion, but this album is hardly a passable album, I guess some people are too cool for Tool.

Paint Your Lips

I finally have the album in my hands. And have spend the last hour in my bed with my earphones on, listening to the album and going through the artwork. Holy fuck, it's genious !

sleeptraveler, i feel sorry for you, i truly do, man.

Gaz

The artwork is fantastic, probably the best i've seen on a CD. I've been away this weekend at my girlfriends and it was the only CD I took with me and I'm loving it more and more with every listen, current fav's at the moment are

1. The Pot
2. Jambi
3. Right in Two
4. Wings / 10,000 Days
5. Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned

Paint Your Lips

Nice one, Gaz. It is an amazing album. And it's like with every amazing / great albums, they grow on you like a rash (in it's most positive sense, hehe).

Here's my top 5:
1. Rosetta Stones
2. Jambi
3. Right in Two
4. Vicarious
5. 10.000 Days

sleeptraveler

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on May 01, 2006, 06:22 PM
How many times have you listened to the album?

+10?

Quote from: Oldnewtype

Defintely not.   ;)

Oldnewtype

go write something better, then.

Oh, wait...

Paint Your Lips

I can't believe anyone can hate this album ... Makes no sense.

Oldnewtype

I really wanna see a Coachella bootleg.

Paint Your Lips

Coachella?

Oldnewtype

its music festival in CA, they played last night. There was a webcast but they didn't show Tool. or Massive Attack.

Gaz

Quote from: Oldnewtype on May 01, 2006, 07:39 PM

Me too man, im sure someone would have recorded it, fingers crossed.

kpax

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 01, 2006, 05:52 PM
My review of 10,000 Days (i've only listened to it once).

1. Vicarious
The first single which most people have already heard. I love this song, it's a great opener and right in your face. It could easily be a b-side off of Lateralus (that isnt a bad thing). The ending is absolute killer 10/10

2. Jambi
Whoever said that 10,000 was going to be a Lateralus 2, think again. This song is so different and has one of the coolest guitar-riffs ever. Nice and heavy, a great rocker 9/10

3 and 4. Wings For Marie (Pt 1)/ 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)

One of the most beautiful Tool songs i've ever heard. I hear a major Pink Floyd influence in this song and everything about it is perfect. The best song(s) on the album. 11/10

5. The Pot
This songs really confirms how fantastic Maynard is as a vocalist. His voice is phenomenal and at first, it doesnt even sound like Maynard. Very original and with some of the best vocalwork i've heard from Tool. 10/10

6. Lipan Conjuring
A little filler, sets a nice mood. Nothing special. 5/10

7. Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Same as above, only better. 7/10

8. Rosetta Stoned
This might be one of Tool's heaviest songs to date. The chorus is really dirty and angry. The verses are spoken, very fast. Heaviest song on the album. 8/10

9. Intension
A very nice, atmospheric song. Soothing. 8/10

10. Right In Two
Awesome song, starts slow and builds up towards the end. Excellent basslines in this one. 9/10

11. Viginti Tres

A creepy closer, no vocals. Best "instrumental" song on album. 7/10

Overall, this album is almost perfect and you must do yourself a favor and listen to the album without skipping any tracks (the first time you listen to it) to get the full experience. The album is one big journey through musical soundscapes and beautiful vocals and haunting lyrics.
Starts off very strong and powerful and gets a little weaker in the end.

I give 10,000 Days:

9/10

Cool review man.

Paint Your Lips

*crosses fingers*

I just want to see a more recent bootleg than 96 ! Anyone willing to upload some, or know where to find that stuff ???

Oldnewtype

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on May 01, 2006, 07:46 PM

about 14 people were there to tape/film Tool, its just a matter of time

Gaz

Quote from: Oldnewtype on May 01, 2006, 07:51 PM
Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on May 01, 2006, 07:46 PM

about 14 people were there to tape/film Tool, its just a matter of time

awesome, hope we get some decent vid bootlegs

BigDave

i have the album, i'm waiting until i get home from the cinema tonight to listen to it.  the packaging is very sweet.

Phatboy41

I've listened to the album all the way through about 4 times, twice paying strict attention, and twice just kind of background music.  Personally, I think it's pretty damn bad.  It was almost as if I was waiting for something that never came to me, I felt like there was closure to all the last albums, and this one the point kind of feels lost, or in other words, it feels like there isn't any.  There are parts of each song that I like, but the album as a whole isn't that great to me.  I expected more, that sucks.  Just my personal opinion.

deftonekid

Tool is Tool, great is great...