Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uno

dayum that pics looks tight,,,very impressive effects!!

with the heart of gold... to have and to hold.

Crazylegs

Tool kick so much ass.

neutron liar

anyone know a good site to get older tool shows for D/L?  Im hunting for a couple shows, but of the 3 or 4 sites I usually go to, they don't have a whole lot from the middle of Tool's career.

deftoolsys07

yeah i used to have some lateralus tour boots, haven't seen them since! i, too, would be interested in finding some shows from around 2001...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Fireal1222

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Dec 13, 2006, 01:25 PM
yeah i used to have some lateralus tour boots, haven't seen them since! i, too, would be interested in finding some shows from around 2001...

tool play like 3 blocks from my house in wilkes-barre.  they play everything from lateralus, its from right after 9-11.

its fairly easy to find. check it out

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Treehut

The new album is mindblowing, masterpiece.  Im pretty sure its there best, missed them in Dublin though maybe see them in the Summer

333tone

Ok, so, i just got back yesterday from saturday's show(their last for this year). The sound was bad(espacially when Mastodon were playing, who by the way need to hire a singer  ;D). Anyway, after being aked for the 3rd time not to take any pics, and not smoke much(!!!), the show started. The playlist was similar to the other shows, and when they played Lateralus, Mastodon came on stage, and they finished the song.(Maynard:"Thank you Mastodon. Now get the fuck out!" :D).  I was a bit worried at first, cause during Stinkfist, Maynard gave me the impression that he was bored, he was barely singing. We also had to watch his back, he never came close to the crowd, or turned his face to us. It was a great show, more than a concert. I also laughrd when a girl kept asking foe The Pot, and Maynard told her to shut up! They had a glass of champagne, in the middle of Vicarious, and then continued playing right where they left the song! I think that the only reason they played this show was because it was their last, cause they seemed really pissed about the cameras and stuff. But, i have to admit they weregreat, they didn't even make a mistake.

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Chrisbo

Oh yeah, I havent been here since I last seen Tool, back on the 25th in Glasgow. Let me just say, it was fucking excellent. I enjoyed myself much more this time around, than earlier on in the year (despite the setlist not being as good). I think it was seeing Mastodon as well as them, the whole adrenaline rush thing. But yeah, my mind was blown away, and the lasers were fucking excellent!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

333tone

Good, glad to see you had a nice time man! i liked the part where they played wings/10,000 days, and the lasers were like "carrying" the clouds over our heads! Tool are great in every aspect! i just wish the whole show was organized  in a different way, at a different place maybe, that was the weakest point of that night

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Alvar

tool did sober with serj tankian on the big day out festival, fuck why dont i get to see something like this :(

heres a very crappy, shit quality handy video of the performence. if anyone got a good audio recording of this show or just this song, plz upload it, i want to hear this in better quality so hard....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kz_nq7dv7FM

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

mrmong

new tour dates announced if it hasnt been said already

http://www.toolband.com/tour/index.html

pixElsblUr

Quote from: mrmong on Jan 26, 2007, 06:52 PM
new tour dates announced if it hasnt been said already

http://www.toolband.com/tour/index.html

tool needs to come to L.A. I dont think Im up for that San Diego drive... not that it's that far, but fuck :)

deftoolsys07

no shit all these texas dates and no dallas!! hopefully more dates will be here soon..

mrmong

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jan 29, 2007, 05:00 AM
no shit all these texas dates and no dallas!! hopefully more dates will be here soon..

no one cares about dallas.....haha jk

i doubt theyll go to dallas cuz the direction theyre going but if theyre going to corpus why not houston instead!!

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: mrmong on Jan 29, 2007, 09:16 AM
Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jan 29, 2007, 05:00 AM

no one cares about dallas.....haha jk

i doubt theyll go to dallas cuz the direction theyre going but if theyre going to corpus why not houston instead!!

yeah i'm not gonna get my hopes up but oh well. it looks like the pattern with the dates is like two shows then a day off, which means that day off they're probably getting out of texas, instead of going to dallas.

DeathByPlane00

I like APC more. Love Mer de Noms
Just as he hit the ground, they lowered a tow that stuck in his neck to the gills.

mrmong

Quote from: DeathByPlane00 on Feb 01, 2007, 05:43 PM
I like APC more. Love Mer de Noms
I felt the same way at first...i loved 13th step so much. outsider is still on my most played song on itunes

but i kinda forced myself to listen to tool. when i first dl'ed 10k days i didnt like it at all..only vicarious, but  just recently i listened to the cd in its entirety (sp?). it is a great cd, its just a big change from what i normally listen to. cant stop listening to tool lately. i have to say 10k days and aenima are great albums...rest are pretty good too but i listen to those 2 the most.

only one thing i dont like about tool is they have so many "filler" songs, like lost keys, viginti tres, intermission, etc....kinda makes the albums seem short. But those filler songs usually lead to actual songs, ie intermission to jimmy and lost keys to rosetta stoned

kinda weird how my musical tastes have changed i used to rock a lot, ;like no doubt and collective soul in middle highschool (mid-late 90's) then in high school id listen to rap and dance music a lot then i got into linkin park (lol) which brought me to deftones. (LP's cover of MOS)