Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

333tone

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Mad Maynard

Nice find, 333tone! I've been trying to find a video or audio of the 9/22/06 Detroit show for quite some time. I hope this one is decent quality.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose;but, you can't pick your nose in front of your friends.

Alvar

yeah i already knew this site. its so cool that you can just download all those shows without bootleg-traiding, not like these many deftones bootleg sites :(

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Gaz

Quote from: 333tone on Mar 25, 2007, 01:46 PM
Has anyone seen this?

http://toolbootleg.dl.am/

Holy shit what a find that is, thanks!

clayfox

yeah i discovered this page earlyer this year. the best site i know

333tone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_Stone

This may be totally stupid, but i thought that since the lyrics of Rosetta Stoned are making no sense, i guessed they are some kind of code or something. Ok, it is stupid

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Fireal1222

i dont think it sounds stupid at all. tool are the kind of band who would definately put some crazy codes or something into there music.. they seem like they are on some higher intelligence or something

anyway. rosetta stoned, reguardless of the meaning, has the CRAZIEST guitar solo, its one of tool's most evil/scary guitars parts

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

agitprop27

I don't know about you, but I'm really diggin' 13th Step even still!  I've only seen Tool one time, but it was great!  Damn the 90s!

Fireal1222

Quote from: agitprop27 on Apr 21, 2007, 09:23 AM
I don't know about you, but I'm really diggin' 13th Step even still!  I've only seen Tool one time, but it was great!  Damn the 90s!

your post is all over the place

but yes. thirteenth step is an amazing album

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

alvarezbassist17

tickets went on sale for tool's show in mn, i'm pretty sure i got one and that pumps me up woooo

neutron liar

Fireal1222

straight from the prp

Tool have added/adjusted the following dates to their schedule:
June 16th Cape Girardeau, MO - Show Me Center
June 17th Evansville, IN - Roberts Stadium
June 25th Sioux City, IA - Tyson Event Center - Gateway A
June 29th Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena
July 01st Youngstown, OH - Chevrolet Centre
July 05th Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena
July 07th Huntington, WV - Big Sandy Superstore Arena
July 12th Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

neutron liar

after waiting through all of 2006...I've got great seats for the Milwaukee show [on july 4th too!] 5 years since I've last seen them.....

and I just got an email from the band Melt Banana, they're jumping onto Tools tour end of May through all of June.  Too bad my date is a few days later....

xDeadstar

Just found something special I guess...
Maybe there are ones who already have but there may also be people who don't...
Just enjoy :)

Tool - 72826 (First Demo)

Track Listage:
1. Cold and Ugly (Demo)
2. Hush (Demo)
3. Part of Me (Demo)
4. Crawl Away (Demo)
5. Sober (Demo)
6. Jerk-Off (Demo)

*note: This is 100% LEGIT! 72826 is also refered to as the Tool EP. 728726 spells out Satan on the phone. The lyrics for "Sober" are different from the Undertow release. "Cold and Ugly" and "Jerk-Off" are the only studio versions in existence. Enjoy!*

http://rapidshare.com/files/26072280/72826.rar.html

srcuello

I just want to dowload "Pot" and fucking Tool is too good for iTunes and it makes me sad because I like that song and that's the only Tool song I'd like for the moment and I saw them live once and they were good and I'm fairly certain this sentence is coming across like a second grader wrote it.

Bayle

Can anybody upload the song which has the two songs played over wings part two?? You know which one I mean right?
Someone has uploaded this before, but somehow I lost it.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, I can imagine

srcuello

Quote from: xDeadstar on May 10, 2007, 02:43 PM

*728726 spells out Satan on the phone.

But 728726 is six characters.  Satan is 5 characters.  Hmm .... I think that second 7 is an extra digit, if I'm following correctly.

emehlen

Quote from: srcuello on May 12, 2007, 04:57 PM
Quote from: xDeadstar on May 10, 2007, 02:43 PM

*728726 spells out Satan on the phone.

But 728726 is six characters.  Satan is 5 characters.  Hmm .... I think that second 7 is an extra digit, if I'm following correctly.

Sorry to burst your bubbles guys, but, that doesnt spell out Satan... the fourth digit would have to be 2 and yes, Satan is 5 characters

Not to be smug or anything, so dont put on the smug alert

ANyways, what IS the deal with Tool these days? I already need another cd. 10000 days was too short

Sleep

Quote from: 333tone on Apr 20, 2007, 08:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_Stone

This may be totally stupid, but i thought that since the lyrics of Rosetta Stoned are making no sense, i guessed they are some kind of code or something. Ok, it is stupid

Hey 333tone, yeah, the Rosetta Stone was ground breaking in transcribing a lost language, thus it would have created clarity rather than confusion.  Although the song "Rosetta Stoned" really does quite the opposite.  I find that it's satirical and clever in that sense (which tool is rather great at).  I think that Maynard is pursuing some form of ridicule in this song, that despite what we now have found out about language (ie. by discovering the rosetta stone) it's meaningless because it gets distorted, especially today (via propaganda).  The pop culture references in the song really push this notion home.  Language can be morphed and hold all kinds of connotations but people will still listen and believe anyone really (even charismatic cult leaders like L. Ron Hubbard preaching that we evolved from aliens or some shit). 

So...
"You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better listen."

Fireal1222

the point of tool isnt to overthink and overanalyze their music.. its to overthink and overanalyze everyday life

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.