Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Black Elvis

I always referred to Tool as the Pink Floyd of the 90's/00's cause they made that real Mathematical, abstract mind fuck music, which after you get it, isnt much of a mind fuck at all, but, their lives shows definitley were, i saw them when i was 15, i dont know about now.

I guess their just another one of those bands for me that are extremely exciting at first and i bought all their records and loved every song, then i fell alseep for the 5 year waiting list for 10,000 days, or was the record called "5 years", but you had to wait 10,000 days? still waiting....
i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

White Wrist

Quote from: Black Elvis on May 23, 2007, 11:40 PM
I always referred to Tool as the Pink Floyd of the 90's/00's cause they made that real Mathematical, abstract mind fuck music, which after you get it, isnt much of a mind fuck at all, but, their lives shows definitley were, i saw them when i was 15, i dont know about now.

I guess their just another one of those bands for me that are extremely exciting at first and i bought all their records and loved every song, then i fell alseep for the 5 year waiting list for 10,000 days, or was the record called "5 years", but you had to wait 10,000 days? still waiting....

you are wrong. How can you "fell asleep" just because you are waiting for an album?And then...10.000 days is a brutal record, so you must be very awake, now...imagine that, they will end the band. Like P.Floyd...are you sleeping everytime you listen to the darkside of the moon?

Black Elvis

Quote from: White Wrist on May 24, 2007, 12:06 AM

you are wrong. How can you "fell asleep" just because you are waiting for an album?And then...10.000 days is a brutal record, so you must be very awake, now...imagine that, they will end the band. Like P.Floyd...are you sleeping everytime you listen to the darkside of the moon?

Yes very much so until "Money" comes on, only for the bassline.
i am the black elvis

Fireal1222

Quote from: Black Elvis on May 24, 2007, 12:48 AM

Yes very much so until "Money" comes on, only for the bassline.

man. i look at money as one of the weaker songs on the album.. the songs before that are brilliant, are you crazy?

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

yeah. see

the wait worked the opposite for me.

i was really into lateralus and not the other albums.. but when waiting for 10000days i went back to undertow and aenema more, and now i realize just how amazing those albums are as well.. its almost like the are building upon each album, cause the guitar is always in the same tuning.

anyway. 10000days is amazing.. and there live show is even more incredible, seeing them last year was a trip in itself

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

I loved 10,000 Days when it came out, but DAMN, i'm bored to death with it now. I never listen to it anymore, only The Pot.

Snooze album, for sure.

None of Tool's albums are perfect, far from it. They have so many fillers, imo.

Lateralus is definitely their best album (still has alot of fillers though).

I'm just really tired of Tool atm.

law

Yeah I've gone off 10K days at the moment, I'm going back onto aenema and Lateralus and for me, they wipe the floor with the new album. Still it ain't that bad though, it's just that the others are too good!

Alvar

did anyone ever realise how fuckin beautiful "intension" is?
justin chancellor does such a great work with his bass on this song, i never heard someone create such a unique soundscape with a bass.
of course maynards epic lyrics and adams little guitar melodies make this song the great piece of music it is, and this electronic beat at the end just fits perfect. i just love this song, this is the secret masterpiece of 10k days - the other songs of teh album are of course well known to be masterpieces ;)

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Fireal1222

Quote from: theis on May 24, 2007, 10:26 PM
I loved 10,000 Days when it came out, but DAMN, i'm bored to death with it now. I never listen to it anymore, only The Pot.

Snooze album, for sure.

10,000days is amazing to me from every aspect. vicarious and jambi start the album and makes u expect lateralus 2. then it turns into something completely different.. anyway. the whole album is amazing.

and yes alvar. intention is absolutely amazing. i really love how the song is so slow, yet i feel overwhelmed by it.. the ending is so great

the guitar solo at the end of rosetta stoned is one of the bands scarier moments.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ToneDef

Quote from: theis on May 24, 2007, 10:26 PM

Snooze album, for sure.

I respect that, but disagree.

To me, Tools albums don't contain filler (I'm mainly just referring to Lateralus and 10,000 Days). I don't see their albums as containing songs, but I look at each record as more of a whole. Like, it isn't just 10,000 Days the album.. But 10,000 Days the piece of music. It's hard to explain I guess without contradicting myself because I still see certain songs as highlights on each record.

I guess another way to describe it is by saying that Right In Two is the absolute highlight of 10,000 days. I mean that song just lifts me up.. Moves me like nothing else. If I have a smoke and listen to that shit then my dick practically goes hard. But the song wouldn't have as much as an impact if it didn't have the 'weaker' stuff before it. Like if it was track 1 on the album it wouldn't hit me nearly as hard as it does after experiencing the journey of the tracks before it. I guess that makes sense. Each sound is there for a reason.. To emphasize other sounds.

Fireal1222

yeah. i dont think ive ever heard a tool song that is filler

maybe fall out boy does that. not tool

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Black Elvis

theres a few good bands that do that, and yeah i had all tools cds and liked it all, but after i cant get into the whole album as one at least half are fillers then. it has to be a mood.
i am the black elvis

theshadeisatool

With tool there are, lets say, time-heavy songs like 10,000 days the song that seem to take an effort to listen to so I may skip from time to time, but definitely no filler! Not on Opiate EP, as there are only five-odd tracks, not on Undertow - all great songs, definitely not on Aenima, definitely not on Lateralus where the songs are getting more complex, I don't think so on 10,000 days either. A phenomenon with Tool is the abundance of intro tracks/interludes/skits/whatever you like to call them like Useful Idiot, Mantra, Intermission etc. which set the scene for the song following often and are by no means filler tracks and are sometimes hilarious - note Die Eier von Satan. (und keine Eier...)

theis

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 25, 2007, 06:59 AM

Weak.

Black Elvis

The song StinkFist should come on everytime this thread is open.
i am the black elvis

theshadeisatool

it's not enough, i need more, nothing seems to satisfy

Fireal1222

Quote from: theis on May 25, 2007, 01:00 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 25, 2007, 06:59 AM

Weak.

lol, im just playing dude

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Black Elvis on May 25, 2007, 10:00 PM
The song StinkFist should come on everytime this thread is open.

the last 2-3 minutes of that song are bliss

Quote from: theshadeisatool on May 25, 2007, 10:05 PM
it's not enough, i need more, nothing seems to satisfy

i dont want it. i just need it. to breathe, to feel. to know im alive

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theshadeisatool

such a great song, and followed by another fucking awesome one - Eulogy