Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz La Punk

No idea if its real, mate.

zee deveel 17

lateralus and aenima are great cds

the most underrated tool track ever is probably the patient...i must keep reminding myself of this

Fireal1222

Quote from: zee deveel 17 on Mar 14, 2006, 07:41 PM

the most underrated tool track ever is probably the patient...i must keep reminding myself of this

i like undertow slightly more than aenema.

when i first began listening to lateralus, the patient and eon blue apocalypse were my 2 favorite songs.. now i seem to skip them alot, and ticks and leeches is my favorite song

the drums in ticks and leeches make u wanna just flip out, that song is so awesome. especially the end after that slow guitar breakdown

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

zee deveel 17

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 14, 2006, 09:04 PM

when i first began listening to lateralus, the patient and eon blue apocalypse were my 2 favorite songs.. now i seem to skip them alot, and ticks and leeches is my favorite song

the drums in ticks and leeches make u wanna just flip out, that song is so awesome. especially the end after that slow guitar breakdown

surprisingly, ticks and leeches is probably the only tool song i have ever disliked...it just doesn't have a good chorus at all and it lacks a decent melody

i hear tool never plays this song live because it puts too much strain on keenan's voice

Fireal1222

it was the only song on lateralus that i didnt like for quite some time

then it just hit me one day, and now its my favorite song on lateralus

your right though, the chorus is kinda dumb

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jacob

I loved that song from the very first drum beat. it's really the drums that do it. but for me it's the same with a lot of Lateralus. especially The Grudge.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deathblow

Quote from: zee deveel 17 on Mar 14, 2006, 09:48 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 14, 2006, 09:04 PM

surprisingly, ticks and leeches is probably the only tool song i have ever disliked...it just doesn't have a good chorus at all and it lacks a decent melody

i hear tool never plays this song live because it puts too much strain on keenan's voice

if its tick n leeches youre talking about.  theyve done it live a couple of times..  fuck its amazing.

maynard effects himself up on the suck me dry. screams. but fuck thats an amazing song.
i'd say schism is one of the most artistic tool songs ever,  but all my faves come from aenema, HWAP, Euology, stinkfist, aenema, 46n2, etc. the whole album fuckin kills

zee deveel 17

don't get me wrong... i think maynard's vocals, especially his screaming, in ticks and leeches is very strong.  i just love the "suck me dry" part.

but the song's chorus is terrible...i think a 5th grader could have written better lyrics than:

"hope this is what you wanted
hope this is what you had in mind..."

i just can't get into it all... when i think about the standout tracks on lateralus i immediately think of "the grudge", "the patient", and "parabola"...these are much better than "ticks and leeches"

Fireal1222

Quote from: aenemic on Mar 15, 2006, 12:24 AM
I loved that song from the very first drum beat. it's really the drums that do it. but for me it's the same with a lot of Lateralus. especially The Grudge.

right.  i never liked drums until i began listening to tool. now i love the way they sound!

abe has a really cool drum playing style.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

comfortably_numb

Jacob

being a drummer myself I find Abe's style to be one of the most original I've ever heard. he's not extremely technical, but the things he come up with are just amazing. he's the one drummer that has influences my drumming more than anything else.

Danny Carey and Zack Hill are two other drummers with even more original styles. but these guys are way more technical.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ToneDef

Jerry_Curls

Are those the new promo pics? If so, thats so tight.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

comfortably_numb

yes they are jerry

zee deveel 17

adam jones looks so damn scary

but then again, he always does

Fireal1222

they are honestly the creepiest looking dudes ever. they all look like they arent human. its hard to explain, anyway

can u guys explain to me which band member is which in the 3rd picture down

it goes, maynard, justine, standing:adam jones, danny carey... right?

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

oh by the way. is it just me or is it kind of strange that maynard keeps shaving his head when getting involved with tool

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

zee deveel 17

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 15, 2006, 06:04 AM

im pretty sure that's right

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 15, 2006, 06:05 AM
oh by the way. is it just me or is it kind of strange that maynard keeps shaving his head when getting involved with tool

did he not have his head shaved with apc?  i forget

Fireal1222

it seems like he always has something on his head when in apc, whether it be hair, or a towel or something.

in tool, in the later years. hes been bald

earlier in tools career, he rocked a mullet at one point

i dont see tool as humans though, its wierd.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lithium royalty

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 15, 2006, 06:04 AM
they are honestly the creepiest looking dudes ever. they all look like they arent human. its hard to explain, anyway

can u guys explain to me which band member is which in the 3rd picture down

maynard, jones, chancellor, carey