Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zee deveel 17

i can't believe those tools on the toolnavy.com board still think the tracklisting is a hoax

fireflyry

Why?What's changed?

They do this every album and I think it's fair enough to be dubious given Tools history of screwing with the media and their fans.

Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 11, 2006, 08:29 AM
Quote from: zee deveel 17 on Mar 11, 2006, 07:56 AM
i feel more and more like the bandmembers are just playing a total prank on their fans and the media with the album title and track names.

don't be surprised it this is one big joke come april fool's day.

Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 08, 2006, 12:13 AM
When it comes to Tool I ain't believing shit till it's on the shelf.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Fireal1222

its real, its too close to the album for them to be kidding

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

fireflyry

Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 08, 2006, 12:13 AM
When it comes to Tool I ain't believing shit till it's on the shelf.

Although I agree Fireal, I agree with about 95% certainty.

zee deveel 17

last week i was a bit skeptical about the tracklisting

but adam jones has confirmed everything, there's a review from andy king on the tool message board with a song by song review of the new cd, and listening parties have already begun for various media and dj outlets

it has to be true, and wouldn't it be lame for them to pull another april fool's caper again this year?  it's just stupid.

even if the band is trying to surprise people, at this point they have to realize that it's a dull idea with every fan in anticipation of "the surprise."

fireflyry

That review is a few weeks old and there was a thread on another forum (Big Day Out) which I'll try and dredge a link up for which also had a member of the press/industry in Australia claiming he had been to a media release (it was proven Tool were there for such a purpose) and the track listing was totally different.

There's a 99.999999% chance I'm wrong and it is the right listing but I ain't saying yay or nay till it's out.

zee deveel 17

maybe, but if the band is doing this just for the sheer enjoyment of surprising their fans, it's not going to be well received...they'll look pretty stupid now that many people are expecting it.

Jacob

I think they love the fact that people are so damn confused. no one knows wether to believe this or not and that's got to be pleasing the band. but personally I think that was just a nice surprise for them, or maybe a joke that worked a bit too well. it would be odd if they tried to fool everyone again.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Chrisbo

Well I was reading the new Metal Hammer, and they say they've had a listen to it, and that it's 9 tracks long, rather than 11 which the official site lists. But then Metal Hammer sometimes talk out of their arses so I never listen to them. Just now I'd stick with the official site, but like fireflyry says 'I aint saying yay or nay till it's out'. Roll on May 1st!!!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Jacob

yeah, but two of the tracks are supposed to go into each other. like Parabol and Parabola. so maybe they were confused by that.

zee deveel 17

yeah

wings for marie and 10,00 days are suppose to be one big track thats between 10-15 mins long

Fireal1222

ill bet you guys a million dollars that the new album title, and tracklisting, is real

the reason im sure of it, is because the album is almost a month away from coming out. they arent going to have too many bogus rumours about the name going out because thats bad advertising. you dont want to advertise an album that doesnt exist.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

zee deveel 17

as ive said before... if the band is trying to pull a caper on their fans, a lot of them are expecting it.  so what's the surprise?

i'm sure the band members are laughing their asses off to the paranoia of some people.  what kind of band would purposely deceive their fans like this?  it just doesn't add up.

10,000 Days is in stores May 2 guys.

Fireal1222

honestly, i dont think the band gives a fuck if we know the title or not. i think tool are above us enough to not get off on tricking fans

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jacob

trust me, dude. that's one of their favorite things in the whole damn world. why else do you think they do an aprils fool joke every year?

but like I've said before, I'd be very surprised if the album and track titles aren't real. but it doesn't surprise me that people are paranoid. I just find it funny that some people are convinced they're not real and say things like "if these are the real titles then I lose all my respect for Tool". that's just plain dumb.

zee deveel 17

yeah, i agree... i think that a songtitle like "the pot" is pretty cool even though many people are criticizing it...fans should hear the music first and then decide if it fits the songtitle or not.

and have they done any other april fool's jokes in the past besides the one last year?  i never through they had a history of pulling this shit.

even if it is another joke, doesn't anyone agree that it's too drawn out and pointless at this point?

Fireal1222

i dont think the song titles on lateralus are anything exceptional, its the music that makes that album amazing

it really doesnt matter if tool is lying to us. because they def. arent lying about the may 2nd release date. so if they are making up the title and tracks, itll be a great surprise for us when we buy the album

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Moz La Punk

How about we dont care what the song titles and album name are.

Jacob

sure, so instead we can talk about... hmm... nothing? ;)

Chrisbo

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Mar 18, 2006, 04:24 PM
How about we dont care what the song titles and album name are.

I agree with you dude! Who gives a shit, as long as the music is tight, well in my book anyway. Can't believe there's folks that've said they've lost respect for them over the song titles. You're right aenemic, they aren't right in the head!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life