Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonekid

wow nice shit

zee deveel 17

i can't believe those idiots on the toolnavy.com board are still complaining about the artwork and the legitimacy of all of this

to all of those nimrods: give up already... it's the real shit.  and to be honest, it looks fuckin' great.

fireflyry

Has'nt this already been discussed?

Quote from: deftonekid on Mar 22, 2006, 12:35 AM

wow nice shit

I'm offically excited...VERY excited.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

deftonekid

yeah i'm excited 2!!!

zee deveel 17

the more i look at this cover, the more i like it

i cant wait for may 2 (new tool and pearl jam releases)

deftonekid

let me put a mark on my calendar  * may 2 ;)

Mad Maynard

The question I'm pondering is: Does the Tool logo say "Tool" or "Fool"? The truth is out there!

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose;but, you can't pick your nose in front of your friends.

deftonekid

zee deveel 17

it's real... it has to be

Fireal1222

this album is going to the be scariest thing ever. just fucking wait and see

they are going to top lateralus. i dont know how, but theyre gonna

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

deftonekid

wow thats a statement...

Chrisbo

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 22, 2006, 04:29 AMthey are going to top lateralus. i dont know how, but theyre gonna

If they do then that's certainly going to be something!!! Something inexplicable! May 1st (UK) I await...

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Crazylegs

Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 22, 2006, 01:10 AM
Has'nt this already been discussed?

Quote from: deftonekid on Mar 22, 2006, 12:35 AM

wow nice shit

I'm offically excited...VERY excited.

Haha, looks like it says Fool

Chrisbo

Aye my mate said that earlier and I lynched him hehe!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Fireal1222

no way. that artwork is too amazing to be fake

but then again, look at that fake deftones self titled. THAT WAS AMAZING, and a fan made it

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

deftonekid

tool or fool, i dont care is a great artwork

Crazylegs

Fool, that name was actually kinda cool. (just like the rhyme i just made up)

deftonekid

haha yeah cool rhyme

sleeptraveler

To be honest, it's a bit...eh.  Predictable.  Was kindof hoping for something more interesting.  I will save final judgement until I can see the entire inlay.

Jacob

new post from Blair on toolband.com:

QuoteSome of you may have seen the album mini for Tool's 10,000 Days on Amazon and on other sites that was posted ONE DAY after we showed it to you on this site (which is what we expected, and why we posted it when we did). Now that it's out there for all to see, hopefully some of you who have been asking what exactly an album mini is might have a better idea. For those who still don't know, it's what a business (such as Amazon) uses to advertise a new product (such as the new Tool CD). Okay? Now, I can hear some of you saying to yourself: "But why does the image on Amazon and the other sites have the logo and album title superimposed over the artwork... when the image on the Tool websites doesn't?" The answer is quite simple. Because Amazon and others need to include the band's name and album title along with the artwork so that potential customers will know whose CD it is (don't ask me why). With that said, the image that we posted on the Tool websites is how this piece of artwork will actually look with the packaging. However, we also wanted to give you a look at the new logo, so we placed it above the album mini. Okay? Just one last thing for now: I've been reading many of the comments on the TA message board (as well as those flooding my in-box) about this particular piece of cover art, and I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate some of your personal thoughts and perceptive insight into the symbology and deeper levels of the striking imagery. It seems that a few of you (those who have commented on the artwork) are also anticipating 'the bigger picture' – that which you've become accustomed to over the years when it comes to Tool's art direction. Well, to you, I will only say that you will not be disappointed... and that the key is right there before your very eyes.

that last part, about anticipating 'the bigger picture' and the key is right before our eyes.... it makes me start thinking that this may be a hoax after all. I'm still not deciding on anything and just wait for it to come out (or for April 1st when SOMETHING will be revealed).
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep