Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin_UGR

idk....just never listened to them as much as I have the past few weeks.......amazing

any takers?

-¤MaynardsTOOL¤-

<----------

bangbang240

Well yes.. Tool is good. A little slow on the output... but good.

vida_mae

loves tool, but perfect circle better... lots of ppl love him around here, because its where he grew up...

wharf rat

apc is better?  Are you serious?

vida_mae

well two diff sounds, maynard has wrote about pc, and how its him growing artistically... i respect that.. but i do like alot of the concept behind the music of tool... on the other hand, some songs by pc are really really awesome.. im not too much into the heavy sounds

Justin_UGR

It's weird I havent listened to tool in a long time....then they gave us new dell's at work with DVD drives, so i burned a data DVD of like 1200 songs, and I've been just stuck listening to the tool albums over and over  :wink:

my fav line of the moment

"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and
Fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes"

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: "vida_mae"well two diff sounds, maynard has wrote about pc, and how its him growing artistically... i respect that.. but i do like alot of the concept behind the music of tool... on the other hand, some songs by pc are really really awesome.. im not too much into the heavy sounds

lateralus isn't heavy, and it's wayyy better than the apc releases, which are also pretty good

Crazylegs

Quote from: "Justin_UGR"It's weird I havent listened to tool in a long time....then they gave us new dell's at work with DVD drives, so i burned a data DVD of like 1200 songs, and I've been just stuck listening to the tool albums over and over  :wink:

my fav line of the moment

"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and
Fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes"

Word.. Ænima is da schnitz.

deathblow

i fucking love tool,
eulogy, 46 and two, Parabola, damn i love all their songs, infact im watching tool live at ponoma right now , thx to nuno.

Fireal1222

i just listened to lateralus tonight, amazing cd

i really love undertow and aenema as well

oh, and thirteenth step is great. but not on the tool level

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

DEFinMASS

I can`t wait for the new Tool album. Rumor is...its supposed to pick up from where Lateralus left off. I didn`t get to see Tool until 97....wish I had one chance to see them during the Undertow era....mohawk.

I met Maynard and Adam in Boston back in 97. Adam was so cool,Maynard was just analyzing people. In Montreal 8/00, I got to meet Maynard once more and Troy that was on the first APC album. Maynard was very talkative after I mentioned about meeting him and Adam in 97.

Phoenix

I respect Tool more than A Perfect Circle, but I've listen to Perfect Circle waayyyyy more than Tool. 13th Step is my favorite.

I'm not much of a Tool fan, but I do love Lateralus.
Listen to my music at

CentralIllNoise

Tool probably has the biggest following of any band of our time. i'll say it again...there is no band (outside black sabbath) that Tool would open for

easily one of my 3 favorite bands

Justin_UGR

who knew this was such a good topic

4th Eye

I haven't listened to Tool in a while but few years ago I was so deep into interpreting the lyrics and artwork that they started to change my way of thinking. Tool is probably still my favorite band and Third Eye my favorite song.

But fav. line comes from Lateralus (which is probably the second best song): "Ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been"

Chrisbo

Is there anything I could say that would add to what's already been said? Ah well, I think they're awesome, one of my favourite bands ever. Ænima is definitely my favourite album, it's just amazing. my favourite Tool songs are H, Eulogy and The Patient. Absolutely stunning!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

sing blue silver

judging from my avatar and sig im a fan. tool is one of my favorite bands and maynard is my all time favorite singer along with danny carrey as my favorite drummer. they induce many a orgasm.

ItsClassicalAnyways

tool are great. pretencious, but fucking great.

vida_mae

Quote from: "alvarezbassist17"
Quote from: "vida_mae"well two diff sounds, maynard has wrote about pc, and how its him growing artistically... i respect that.. but i do like alot of the concept behind the music of tool... on the other hand, some songs by pc are really really awesome.. im not too much into the heavy sounds

lateralus isn't heavy, and it's wayyy better than the apc releases, which are also pretty good

lateralus is my fav. album of theirs... :lol: my band is def. inspired by tool.. i love maynards voice...