tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lithium royalty

maynard said its their "blues album"

dude at toolband said its "very down to earth, a very earthy feel to it"

comfortably_numb

disturbed released an album called 10,000 fists in 2005
would tool release an album called 10,000 days in 2006? or are they taking the piss? How is this not obvious? I think the day they release an album with that name is the day maynard finds jesus again.

Fireal1222

yeah, i really dont think thats gonna be the title

i dont think saturday night wrist will be the deftones title either

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Far away

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 06, 2006, 05:43 AM

deathblow

Quote from: Far away on Mar 06, 2006, 05:47 AM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 06, 2006, 05:43 AM

i sure hope not,,  i read something about abe saying he likes it,  i love abe, one of my favourite drummers of all time...  but there's a reason why drummers dont pick album names

deathblow

Quote from: comfortably_numb on Mar 05, 2006, 11:41 PM
disturbed released an album called 10,000 fists in 2005
would tool release an album called 10,000 days in 2006? or are they taking the piss? How is this not obvious? I think the day they release an album with that name is the day maynard finds jesus again.

lol

Far away

Quote from: deathblow on Mar 06, 2006, 08:17 AMi sure hope not,,  i read something about abe saying he likes it,  i love abe, one of my favourite drummers of all time...  but there's a reason why drummers dont pick album names

Hahah..
Nice!

DeftonesATF27

Fuck Tool's Over expense to produce records and waste everybody's time for what we think will be a record worth waiting for another record for 5 or 6 more years in which someone will be destined to die considering the ages of them and how rockstars get lost in there closet with a needle or pills with wine.

comfortably_numb

Quote from: DeftonesATF27 on Mar 06, 2006, 11:09 AM
Fuck Tool's Over expense to produce records and waste everybody's time for what we think will be a record worth waiting for another record for 5 or 6 more years in which someone will be destined to die considering the ages of them and how rockstars get lost in there closet with a needle or pills with wine.

no.

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: comfortably_numb on Mar 06, 2006, 12:08 PM

no.

Yeah i love Tool. Anyway, whens the new record out and is it really gonna be good shit? no lies....

lithium royalty

its been shelved by the record company, and tool just officially broke up. maynard finally reconciled with d'amour and they now live happily in eastern france. adam has now started making films for disney, danny and justin have opened up a cofee shop in amsterdam specializing in weed brownies, called "The Third Eye Coffee and Donut Shop"

Jacob

no way! sucks...
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Fireal1222

lmao, thats exactly how i view deftones new record!!

tools new album will be the greatest thing to ever touch our ears

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Crazylegs

you don't know that, yet.

Moz La Punk

I think both Deftones' and Tool's new records will suck major monkey ass.

PS. this might not be entirely close to the truth, at all.

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 06, 2006, 08:25 PM

lmao, thats exactly how i view deftones new record!!

tools new album will be the greatest thing to ever touch our ears

Ok so your a tool fan that came on a deftones board and now you stick around just because its a cool communtiy? or i dont get it, you once loved the deftones but you got mad Self Titled was all about love and wished it was just another white pony?

You've lost your faith in the deftones. Right when there gonan come at you like never before. Dont say you wernt told.

Fireal1222

well

adrenaline is my favorite album

so to say that i wish ST was another white pony is wrong.

ST was so blown up by the band, and chino said it was the best record yet, and all this bullshit, and listen to it. its very bland. some songs are great, but somes are just boring

lucky you is whack. battle axe is great but gets repetitive same with good morning beautiful

i like the ST, but i was just dissapointed by it, it grew on me alot, and on it are some of my top favorite deftones songs.

i hope the new album is the most amazing thing ever. everyone on this board does. i hope i hear it for the first time, and by the time its over you just wanna go running down the street screaming there name. and post on the board in CAPS LOCK every letter telling everybody how amazing it is. i wanna turn the album on again as soon as it ends. i want to flip the fuck out at the crazy parts, and just chill to the melodic parts. i want the album to kill me and give me life again. i want an amazing fucking deftones record

will it be everything we dreamed? who knows. but im fucking BLAZED

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

monk

yeah it took me some time to get used to self titled. once you adapt to what they were trying to do with the whole album, you can appreciate it for what it is. i think that's the beauty about deftones. once you think you have them figured out, they slap you in the back of the head with mind blowing shit.

i think it will be way different from what we dream. who knows. i'm not blazed, but i'm drunk as fuck.

Fireal1222

your right, it is gonna be different than what we've imagined, you cant imagine an album in your head.

oh man now i wanna hear the new deftones record so bad

haha this is the tool thread

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

DeftonesATF27

The fact that it took longer 2 get used to selft titled (and trust me it took me 2 years exactly 2 get use 2 it, check out my posts from may 05') Is all the reason its better. It still sounds like it was made yesterday and stays in our time. And i love how chino talked about this record because its all true, this is why its the deftones. They purposely took a "step back" which only really ties it with white pony. Chino had more control over this record creativley than he ever did. I didnt say musically (stefen).

Lucky you was great and works just fine. Without it, it would still have 10 other perfect songs which is just great, cause i cant find a 9 Hit album like a deftones record. Without Lucky you and Annivesy, it would be 9 heavy hitters with Lovers as a B side single. They could have done so much with that record and sold out if they wanted to. but thats how it always is.