Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

back to tool, ok? :)

Jacob

am I the only one who thinks this album can actually turn out to be shit? maybe not shit, but not at all what we expect it to be.... I mean, they've already made it clear that it's NOT gonna be Lateralus no. 2. and they say it's their "blues" album. and the lyrics are apparantly more down to earth. and, according to Danny, they were inspired by their hatred for George Bush for this album. all this doesn't have to mean it's gonna be bad, but it makes me feel like we're gonna hear some completely new things from Tool. and if you expect something like Laterlus, you might be disappointed...

OR, they're just saying all that stuff to confuse us and make us expect something completely different than what we will finally hear.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

fireflyry

Quote from: aenemic on Mar 07, 2006, 12:50 PM
OR, they're just saying all that stuff to confuse us and make us expect something completely different than what we will finally hear.

Yup.

I think it will be a great album but I too think they might change their sound.I actually hope they do.Lateralus 2 would be a tad disappointing.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Jacob

I wouldn't mind if they went back to a more raw and rock-ish stuff like on Undertow. if Undertow and Aenima could meet halfways, plus have some new stuff thrown in... that'd be nice.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

fireflyry

Agreed.

I like the epic prog stuff but agree a couple of concise straight up undertowish/opiate rock songs would be good.Depends how high they are I guess.

lostpilot

yeah, they could make any song like Third Eye. This shit is so god damn good, I can`t keep listening to Aenima just for it.

Oldnewtype

Tool will never go back to record an album that 'sounds like' any of their previous material. Why record an album that sounds like Undertow or Ænima or even Lateralus when you've already done it?

Vlad Drac

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Mar 07, 2006, 07:38 PM
Tool will never go back to record an album that 'sounds like' any of their previous material. Why record an album that sounds like Undertow or Ænima or even Lateralus when you've already done it?

Yeah, its like Led Zeppelin. They never always wrote good tunes, they just left that up two the bee gees.

lithium royalty

they know whats up. why do you think its been five years since lateralus? ok like 3 years.. since maynard did work on 13th step.. it's almost impossible for tool to let us down.. it's an improbability.. although.. it is so improbable that it might happen.

Fireal1222

listen, the dude who reviewed the album, who already heard it said it was amazing, and thats theres parts u shouldnt smoke weed while listening to

he said its gonna have the guitars in the front, and it has alot of samples from lateralus

im expecting something amazing.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Moz La Punk

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 08, 2006, 01:48 AM
listen, the dude who reviewed the album, who already heard it said it was amazing, and thats theres parts u shouldnt smoke weed while listening to

he said its gonna have the guitars in the front, and it has alot of samples from lateralus

Wait, review? Fill me in.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Mar 08, 2006, 01:55 AM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 08, 2006, 01:48 AM

Wait, review? Fill me in.

go back like 3 or 4 pages. theres a review at the bottom, by some dude in a magazine or something who got to hear the album

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Sam

Well it's confirmed.  The album title will surely be "10,000 Days". 

http://toolshed.down.net

fireflyry

When it comes to Tool I ain't believing shit till it's on the shelf.

deathblow

Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 08, 2006, 02:13 AM
When it comes to Tool I ain't believing shit till it's on the shelf.
dude, todays episode of fireflyTV is tight,  thats a huge jump,   i'd do it, if the pool was deep enough.

Moz La Punk

Who cares if its called 10,000 nights goddamnit.

fireflyry

But it's lameo....sounds like a B-Grade film starring Danny Devito and Michael Douglas.

Mmm...hang on....

fightclubche

zee deveel 17

holy shit, the tracklisting for the cd is now up on toolshed:

Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres

those are some pretty awesome song titles

zee deveel 17

is anyone else a bit disappointed that only 11 songs are appearing on this cd? 

i hope not more than 2 or 3 are going to be filler songs.