Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phatboy41

Tool has made some pretty incredible music.  I don't care if they fuck with us as long as the cd comes out "around" that time and it's as amazing as the others.  But, that's just my opinion.  It seems a lot of people into bands such as Deftones and Tool like to stir up as much controversy as possible, like there is a love hate relationship thing going on.  Sometimes I don't understand it that much.  Over something like song titles.  But, again, this is just my opinion.

Fireal1222

ok hear me out

everyone seems to think that tool is tricking us. however, many of us believe they are fooling us with the album title and tracklisting.

i believe that they were fooling us when this album was referred to as their "blues album". personally, i think thats what the bands joke was. i have the feeling this is going to be the heaviest/scariest album ever

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

fireflyry

Quote from: Phatboy41 on Mar 19, 2006, 06:26 PM
Tool has made some pretty incredible music.  I don't care if they fuck with us as long as the cd comes out "around" that time and it's as amazing as the others.  But, that's just my opinion.  It seems a lot of people into bands such as Deftones and Tool like to stir up as much controversy as possible, like there is a love hate relationship thing going on.  Sometimes I don't understand it that much.  Over something like song titles.  But, again, this is just my opinion.

Nice post.

I think most true fans of an artist are usually highly critical/analytical of their actions and work.

It's really a form of flattery as it only shows we care.Makes for good discussions too.

:)

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 20, 2006, 06:22 AM
ok hear me out

everyone seems to think that tool is tricking us. however, many of us believe they are fooling us with the album title and tracklisting.

i believe that they were fooling us when this album was referred to as their "blues album". personally, i think thats what the bands joke was. i have the feeling this is going to be the heaviest/scariest album ever

Dude if thier gonna do a blues album ill buy 2 copies. Their hasnt been any good blues since Jim Morrison in 71'.

Chrisbo

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 20, 2006, 06:22 AMi have the feeling this is going to be the heaviest/scariest album ever

I remember hearing from somewhere that it is supposed to be a lot heavier (well heavier than Lateralus). Then I heard from somewhere else that it's supposed to be their most accessible album yet, but no less heavier than anything previous. Ah well, just have to wait and see!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Jacob

a lot of things hint towards this being their most accessible album yet. but I doubt it will be. I can imagine it being more accessible than Laterlus but still fucked up. I mean, a band just don't make an album like Lateralus and then go back to making ordinary rock/metal songs. it WILL be weird and fuck with your head. but I'm thinking that they might do it with a more classic sound.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Chrisbo

That sounds good to me! :)

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Fireal1222

Quote from: aenemic on Mar 20, 2006, 03:14 PM
I mean, a band just don't make an album like Lateralus and then go back to making ordinary rock/metal songs.

lmao. DREDG

el cielo was mind blowing.. catch without arms is far from a mind fuck

although i do like catch without arms

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

deftonekid

a lot of things hint towards this being their most accessible album yet. but I doubt it will be. I can imagine it being more accessible than Laterlus but still fucked up. I mean, a band just don't make an album like Lateralus and then go back to making ordinary rock/metal songs. it WILL be weird and fuck with your head. but I'm thinking that they might do it with a more classic sound.

i think the same, it'd be hard to do a better album than Lateralus, but they're great, so they'll figure it out

deathblow

I'll!! KEEP !!! DIGGING!!!!!  'TILL I !!! FEEL!!! SOMETHING!!!!

Chrisbo

They've got the artwork up on the main site now. I think it's pretty sweet! They've changed the name logo again.

Gaz

Chrisbo

One of these covers that makes me go mmmmmm!

I like the colour scheme, nice and dark. The image itself is really decorative, I love that shit!

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Jacob

look really closely at that picture. at the top, middle and bottom there are clearly letters in the background. can anyone make out what it says?

edit: nevermind, just as I posted I saw what it says... (c) TOOLBAND

edit:
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

law

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 21, 2006, 05:49 AM
I mean, a band just don't make an album like Lateralus and then go back to making ordinary rock/metal songs.

lmao. DREDG

el cielo was mind blowing.. catch without arms is far from a mind fuck

although i do like catch without arms

I can't compare the two,

but anyway I can't see tool going down the pan yet

zee deveel 17

the artwork is pretty good, but the main site doesn't say that it's the COVER art.

question to everyone: when you look at that picture do you intially see the two faces looking off to the side or the one big face in the middle?

i see the big face.

deftonekid

Quote from: zee deveel 17 on Mar 21, 2006, 10:59 PM
the artwork is pretty good, but the main site doesn't say that it's the COVER art.

question to everyone: when you look at that picture do you intially see the two faces looking off to the side or the one big face in the middle?

i see the big face.

i see the 2 faces, i love all the artwork of tool, is tha big shit always ;D

law

I just see one initially...

zee deveel 17

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000EULJLU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V55756642_.jpg

that's the cover amazon has on its sight... it honestly looks awesome to me... i enjoy it a lot now