Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoolsys07

i dunno, maybe if i had the lyrics all written out so i could read it or something... it just doesn't sound like the same tool. but i love the way he sings some of the shit
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

wharf rat

Don't think of what he says to be exact, think about it man.

deftoolsys07

i know maynard is the one for metaphors i'm just saying like the actual words aren't maynardish. it's like having a deftones song where one of the lyrics are like "jiggle balls bounce bounce" or something, i mean it's good for system of a down but not this shit you know. thats why i'm saying just his word choices are kind of weird. i never thought maynard would say shit like vampires and zombies and shit, or at least in one song

but then again, that also applies to the shit album title and some of the track titles... rosetta stoned? the pot? i dunno...

dusttones

danny carey is the man...and the end of the song shreds ass.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: dusttones on Apr 15, 2006, 09:50 AM
danny carey is the man...and the end of the song shreds ass.

word.

deftoolsys07

hey wharf, how did you personally get that song? like are there some forums or some shit?

Numina

the link to the song is so easy to find. you just gotta go to the right places, like tool forums

4th Eye

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Apr 15, 2006, 08:24 AM
i dunno, maybe if i had the lyrics all written out so i could read it or something... it just doesn't sound like the same tool. but i love the way he sings some of the shit

Eye on the TV cuz tragedy thrills me.
Whatever flavor it happens to be.

Like...
Killed by the husband.
Drowned by the ocean.
Shot by his own son.
She used a poison in his tea, and kissed him goodbye.
It's my kind of story. No fun 'til someone dies.

Don't look me at like I am a monster.
Frown out your one face, but with the other stare like a junkie into the TV.
Stare like a zombie while the mother holds her child.
Watches him die. Hands to the sky, crying "Why, oh why?"

Cuz I need to watch things die...from a distance
Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies.
You all need it too, don't lie.

Why can't we just admit it?
We won't give pause until the blood is flowing.
Neither the brave nor bold will write us the story,
So we won't give pause until the blood is flowing.

I need to watch things die...from a good safe distance
You all feel the same so why can't we just admit it?

Blood like rain falling down.
Drawing on the grave and bound.

Part vampire.
Part warrior.
Carnivore and voyeur.
Stare at the transmittal.
Sing to the death rattle.

La, la, la, la, la, la-la-lie

Incredulous at best is your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men.
Pull your head on out your head, and reason, give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal.
Devour to survive, so it is, so it's always been.

We all feed on tragedy
It's like blood to a vampire

Much better you than I

Overally, I like the song and the lyrics.

tarkil

Quote from: 4th Eye on Apr 15, 2006, 02:57 PM

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lostpilot

I like the drums.

Crazylegs

Ok i was going to write that i'm not impressed, but this part rocked.

lostpilot

Yeah, same here if you`re talking about the drums. I was listening about 4 minutes and thought.. well, not so very impressive..
and then there was that drum track, i just fell back listening closely to hear sound by sound. incredible work by the drums.

Deftonesaddict

Chrisbo

Having a first listen of the song now, like I said in the other thread, sounds like a great continuation from Lateralus. Loving it! Just taking it in as a whole, instead of picking it apart right away! This is gonna sound great live!

And yeah, reading the lyrics, awesome!

FUCKING MAY 1ST!!! First note worthy day of the year for me!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

ben

His vocals are pretty weak in this.

deathblow

my mind is off earth when i listen to this song,  maynard busts out, the bass and the guitar on the intro are perfectly calculated, the guitar is good also, but adams gotta do more than just the job and fuckin explode, this song is very promising , this album is going to be intense as fuck,  i think tool are going to use their full potential on this album... carrey is anyway haha,

deathblow

Quote from: ben on Apr 15, 2006, 07:40 PM
His vocals are pretty weak in this.

die die die die die die die die die ... i dont know man, i think he does a REALLY good job, hes not there to steal the show,  and i think tool has REALLY fit into that, they are all there to make the song, and holy fuck can they make songs. i knocked out some HXC kid cuz he said tool makes his ears bleed. i was so pissed off because him and his friends were laughing thinking their bullshit scene music beats tool, so i knocked him out fast.. i was drunk so whatever haha.  anyways,  thank 'god' for opinions, or else we'd all be the same... like HXC kids. hahah

ben

They make the same song, if that's what you mean. hahah I don't know, I just didn't want to hear more of the same thing from them.  I would have hoped they would have switched it up........but same old thing.  It actually has a lot of the structure as Schism had, espeacially that slow bridge thing going into some climatic thing........basically it's like schism, but just not as good at all...it's not even catchy, and atleast be catchy if all else fails.

I don't know, that's just my two cents.  I'm sure for hardcore TOOL fans you guys love it, because of the lyrics and all that.  But as just a guy who isn't that big of a fan, just kind of sounds like just another typical TOOL song.

punkmofugger

Quote from: tarkil on Apr 15, 2006, 03:31 PM
Quote from: 4th Eye on Apr 15, 2006, 02:57 PM
word!
i found it on oink today.a great song, i can't wait for the album!!
btw, hi everyone,good to be here!!

4th Eye

I can understand the Schism comparison because that's what came to my mind in many parts, specifically the guitar in the beginning and during the bridge. And while the song is great, it does sound somewhat typical Tool. Also, the vocals are good and fit to the song's mood but it's nowhere near MJK's peak. Still, good stuff...I've listened to it around 20 times already...

And welcome punkmofugger!