Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

Quote from: 4th Eye on Apr 15, 2006, 10:31 PM
I can understand the Schism comparison because that's what came to my mind in many parts, specifically the guitar in the beginning and during the bridge. And while the song is great, it does sound somewhat typical Tool. Also, the vocals are good and fit to the song's mood but it's nowhere near MJK's peak. Still, good stuff...I've listened to it around 20 times already...

Yup I agree.  Schism was a good song, but there were other songs on Lateralus that blew it away.  Of course, Vicarious isn't going to be the greatest song on 10,000 days..if anything, it's a small sample of what's to come ;)

Fireal1222

schism is nowhere near the best song on lateralus. actually, all of the singles werent.

anyway i didnt listen to vicarious. and i dont plan on it till may deuce

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jerry_Curls

I don't like his vocals. I love Danny's drumming. I like how it doesn't sound all tribal and different. Just straight out rockin.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Breach Unborn

like Fireal, i'm also holding out on this until the album releases

deftoolsys07

my question to that, if you happened to be listening to the radio and they started playin it, would you turn the radio off? same with any other song you don't want to hear... then again i don't listen to the radio, they play SHIT, except tool, they play that a lot... monday for sure they're gonna play tool like a bitch...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

deathblow

Quote from: ben on Apr 15, 2006, 09:41 PM
They make the same song, if that's what you mean. hahah I don't know, I just didn't want to hear more of the same thing from them.  I would have hoped they would have switched it up........but same old thing.  It actually has a lot of the structure as Schism had, espeacially that slow bridge thing going into some climatic thing........basically it's like schism, but just not as good at all...it's not even catchy, and atleast be catchy if all else fails.

I don't know, that's just my two cents.  I'm sure for hardcore TOOL fans you guys love it, because of the lyrics and all that.  But as just a guy who isn't that big of a fan, just kind of sounds like just another typical TOOL song.

yeah man people say all tool songs sound the same,  its different to me , i study their music alot, so differences really stand out for me, but sometimes they do overlap , and ill credit that to adam, hes an amazing guitarist , but this song sounds like ticks n leeches, schism, and other songs in some parts... but maynard makes every song different... gotta fuckin love the man. same carrey hahaha  Danney Carrey = God of percussion, all other can suck him dry... SUUUUUUCKKK HIIIIIIMM DRRRRRRYYYYYYY!

skinnypuppy

yea im on the same boat as ben. oh well.

Fireal1222

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Apr 16, 2006, 01:13 AM
my question to that, if you happened to be listening to the radio and they started playin it, would you turn the radio off? same with any other song you don't want to hear... then again i don't listen to the radio, they play SHIT, except tool, they play that a lot... monday for sure they're gonna play tool like a bitch...

around here u usually dont hear tool on the radio. sometimes i do though

anyway, if vicarious was playing on the radio. i would change the station. ive waited 5 years for this album, i have the will power to wait 2 more weeks

im also gonna wait till the release of radiohead and deftones album as well

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lithium royalty

coz you're so hardcore!!!

Breach Unborn

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Apr 16, 2006, 01:13 AM

if it came on the radio i would probably listen to it. i'm just not going to go out of my way to download it when i only have to wait under 3 weeks for the whole album.

Azwethinkweiz

no name cola

youre pretty much the same person as ben.

ben

He's a lucky man.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: no name cola on Apr 16, 2006, 05:25 PM
youre pretty much the same person as ben.

uhm, how?

ben

Probably the only correlation he can make is that you love incubus and i used to love incubus.

Azwethinkweiz

hehe okay, fair enough.

Chrisbo

Well I've always thought with Tool, alot of their songs took some time to really hit me, like 'H' and 'Pushit', which are like two of my favourite songs by them now. I dont know, I'm not saying this song is on the same level as those, but you know, just give it time to seep in, for it to hit the right spot. Or maybe I'm just talking complete bullshit, you decide.

I really like it already, I mean I think when you hear a song, and you want to keep on listening to it, then that's a pretty good sign hehe! But I know that there's gonna be alot stronger stuff on the album than this. I may be disappointed, I dont know, but I'm not thinking about that yet. I'll just enjoy 'Vicarious' until then.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

deathblow

ben = brainwashing

ben

whatever man, I doubt people on a Deftones board would listen to anyone who has a The Early November logo in his signature hahah.

Fireal1222

Quote from: lithium royalty on Apr 16, 2006, 07:18 AM
coz you're so hardcore!!!

nah, ive ruined too many albums by listening to some of the songs before the album came out

when deftones ST came out, it didnt feel new at all cause i had already heard. hexagram, minerva, and lucky you

and. i heard a bunch of samples of the songs when the songs werent titled correctly yet, like bukakke and cracker

Quote from: Chrisbo on Apr 16, 2006, 05:56 PM
Well I've always thought with Tool, alot of their songs took some time to really hit me, like 'H' and 'Pushit', which are like two of my favourite songs by them now. I dont know, I'm not saying this song is on the same level as those, but you know, just give it time to seep in, for it to hit the right spot. Or maybe I'm just talking complete bullshit, you decide.

I really like it already, I mean I think when you hear a song, and you want to keep on listening to it, then that's a pretty good sign hehe! But I know that there's gonna be alot stronger stuff on the album than this. I may be disappointed, I dont know, but I'm not thinking about that yet. I'll just enjoy 'Vicarious' until then.

the first time i heard lateralus i thought it was the biggest piece of crap i had ever heard.

then for some reason i read up on the spiral theory and stuff from the album,so i bought it, and after hearing it once, i was addicted. its like a switch was turned on or something

10,000 days. i dont know. i hope it blows us all away on first listen

to be perfectly honest. ive never been so confident that an album will be amazing. like 3 years ago i remember not doubting tool, and knowing this album would be there best

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.