Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eZe^

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 16, 2006, 08:02 PM
Quote from: lithium royalty on Apr 16, 2006, 07:18 AM
coz you're so hardcore!!!

nah, ive ruined too many albums by listening to some of the songs before the album came out

when deftones ST came out, it didnt feel new at all cause i had already heard. hexagram, minerva, and lucky you

and. i heard a bunch of samples of the songs when the songs werent titled correctly yet, like bukakke and cracker

Quote from: Chrisbo on Apr 16, 2006, 05:56 PM
Well I've always thought with Tool, alot of their songs took some time to really hit me, like 'H' and 'Pushit', which are like two of my favourite songs by them now. I dont know, I'm not saying this song is on the same level as those, but you know, just give it time to seep in, for it to hit the right spot. Or maybe I'm just talking complete bullshit, you decide.

I really like it already, I mean I think when you hear a song, and you want to keep on listening to it, then that's a pretty good sign hehe! But I know that there's gonna be alot stronger stuff on the album than this. I may be disappointed, I dont know, but I'm not thinking about that yet. I'll just enjoy 'Vicarious' until then.

the first time i heard lateralus i thought it was the biggest piece of crap i had ever heard.

then for some reason i read up on the spiral theory and stuff from the album,so i bought it, and after hearing it once, i was addicted. its like a switch was turned on or something

10,000 days. i dont know. i hope it blows us all away on first listen

to be perfectly honest. ive never been so confident that an album will be amazing. like 3 years ago i remember not doubting tool, and knowing this album would be there best

When i first heard lateralus i was totally blown away,i never heard anything more intricate and innovative in my life.Without a shadow of a doubt,in my eyes,i think danny is the greatest drummer ever,he never ever fails to amaze me,he is a machine.And everytime i listen to lateralus i hear something new that i adore.
                                                                                   Ive seen them live once before,that was back in 2002,ozzfest,it was insane,their stage presence is so perculiar,it made such an impact on me.They are my favourite band of all time,adam and maynard are the best  lyricists ever,i love that indescribable feeling i get when i listen to songs like eulogy and sober.
          The new song,vicarious,is in my opinion,one of their best songs yet.It reminds me alot of lateralus,with little intricate pieces placed everywhere.I dont however believe that its going to be on the new album,i think it was just a song that they recorded and decided not to put on the album,and thought it'd be clever to leak onto the internet,i also doubt that the album will be called 10,000 days,not that that means anything to the music,i just think it doesnt fit in with aenima,lateralus,opiate,salival,undertow......

That was officially my longest first post ever! :) i prob made myself look like an ass,but hey,what can ya do!!!!                               

Planet X>Dream Theater

ToneDef

QuoteI dont however believe that its going to be on the new album,i think it was just a song that they recorded and decided not to put on the album,and thought it'd be clever to leak onto the internet,i also doubt that the album will be called 10,000 days,not that that means anything to the music,i just think it doesnt fit in with aenima,lateralus,opiate,salival,undertow......

I agree.

eZe^

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 17, 2006, 01:02 AM
QuoteI dont however believe that its going to be on the new album,i think it was just a song that they recorded and decided not to put on the album,and thought it'd be clever to leak onto the internet,i also doubt that the album will be called 10,000 days,not that that means anything to the music,i just think it doesnt fit in with aenima,lateralus,opiate,salival,undertow......

I agree.

The best thing about my theory is,if vicarious is one of the weaker songs they recorded,and decided not to put on the album,i cannot fathom how amazing the new album will be,ive never been more hyped for an albums before in my life...all the artwork ive seen for it i think is fake too,except the baby in the skull (in my sig),i think thats genuinely the real deal,along with these

http://usera.imagecave.com/lance466/toolleak.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/lance466/toolleak2.jpg

indeed,this forums is pretty cool :) ,anyone ever heard volto or pigmy love circus? they are cool,danny's side projects...but ya,i cannot fucking wait for tools new album (im going to refrain from calling it 10,000 days cos i dont think thats what it will be called)

Planet X>Dream Theater

deftonekid

Quote from: eZe^ on Apr 17, 2006, 01:07 AM

I agree.

The best thing about my theory is,if vicarious is one of the weaker songs they recorded,and decided not to put on the album,i cannot fathom how amazing the new album will be,ive never been more hyped for an albums before in my life...all the artwork ive seen for it i think is fake too,except the baby in the skull (in my sig),i think thats genuinely the real deal,along with these

indeed,this forums is pretty cool :) ,anyone ever heard volto or pigmy love circus? they are cool,danny's side projects...but ya,i cannot fucking wait for tools new album (im going to refrain from calling it 10,000 days cos i dont think thats what it will be called)

we'll see dude!

ToneDef

Quote from: eZe^ on Apr 17, 2006, 01:07 AM

I agree.

Again, I agree. I think when it comes out the whole thing is going to be different. The artwork, everything.

Jacob

why would they start promoting the album using the title "10,000 Days" if that's not gonna be the real title? it'd be one thing if they announced that name a month ago and then suddenly changed it because either it was a joke or they came up with a better name. but now record stores and magazines are using that name all over the world. and wouldn't just be the dumbest joke ever?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ToneDef

It would be the coolest joke ever and typical Tool. In fact, if the album is released totally different to whats been said then surely that would generate even more publicity.

I just dont think the information we've been given adds up.

deftonekid

it'd be a cool joke, but yeah kinda stupid...

Jacob

I dunno, I still haven't decided what to believe. and I won't decide what to believe until the answer is there right before me. but the fact is that I just don't care that much. IF Tool were to release a completely different album than we've been told, I would totally respect them for having the guts to go through with it. the thing is I find it really hard to believe that their record company would allow something like that. in the end, they probably don't give a fuck about Tool more than the money they make from them. and a huge record company just wouldn't play such "games" to try to generate more publicity for a band.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Fireal1222

the album is called 10,000 days

if u dont believe the album is called 10,000 days. something is wrong with ur brain

no band, no matter how much they like to fuck with there fans. is going to falsely advertise an album 2 weeks before it comes out

when cdnow.com puts a title up for an album, that means that its an official title

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

deftonekid

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 17, 2006, 02:09 AM
no band, no matter how much they like to fuck with there fans. is going to falsely advertise an album 2 weeks before it comes out

ben

Yea the record label that knows this is gonna sell big definitely would not screw with people's heads.  They want money.

ToneDef

Something about it is going to be unexpected though. Something.

If all the info that's been released about it is indeed true though, then that is gonna be pretty gay.

I think the artwork at least is shitty and stinks of "been done before". Like a Lateralus part 2, which I pray is not the result.

deftonekid

lateralus pt 2? weird

Fireal1222

i must admit. the artwork did look like something that may have been tossed from the lateralus artwork

but at the same time. to say its pretty gay is kinda dumb

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

deftonekid

Fireal1222

what if TOOL are fooling us

what if the album isnt coming out may 2nd

maybe the band broke up and dont plan on releasing anymore material

maybe maynard has found jesus and is out in israel somewhere walking barefoot and trying to find the meaning of life

maybe TOOL never even were a band and we've just imagined them the entire time

or maybe. the album wont even have a title, and it wont have any artwork either. all it is, is a disc that u put into your cd player. and then the music speaks

rather than worrying about omg, maybe tool are fooling us. maybe theyre martians, fuck just wait for the album and then if the album sucks, tool fooled us

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

deftonekid

haha nice

or maybe u r stoned

Corleone

have you guys heard the new song yet? its terrible. theres a link on the main deftones board.

Fireal1222

Quote from: deftonekid on Apr 17, 2006, 07:10 AM
haha nice

or maybe u r stoned

but dude. the album can be called " our apocalyptic walk through burger paradise" and i wouldnt give a fuck, as long as its AMAZING

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.