Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonekid

yeah good point. its gonna be amazing i know dude!

Fireal1222

yeah man, whats funny is. i cant imagine me turning off the album and being dissapointed.

i just hope its the kind of album, that as im sitting there listening to it for the first time. it keeps getting better and better, and u just wanna run out and tell all your friends about it, and its not even over yet.. and the more excited u get, the better the music gets

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

deftonekid

im sure it'd be that way! for sure!!! i just listen vicarious, and feel the way u said before!!!

ToneDef

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 17, 2006, 03:55 AMbut at the same time. to say its pretty gay is kinda dumb

I didn't. I called it shitty.

Fireal1222

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 17, 2006, 03:34 AM
Something about it is going to be unexpected though. Something.

If all the info that's been released about it is indeed true though, then that is gonna be pretty gay.

I think the artwork at least is shitty and stinks of "been done before". Like a Lateralus part 2, which I pray is not the result.

but yeah dude. i dont agree with you. i mean, yes i was hoping the artwork was more of a venture than what we got used to. but maybe the music will be

i was hoping the artwork had some pictures of the woods at nighttime, and stuff like that. but u cant always get what u want

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

shit actually tonedef. after reading my post, i must say that i do agree with you. i really didnt want a lateralus part 2 feel

but by the names of the songs. im guessing that it wont be

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ToneDef

Yeah, I was hoping for some artwork that was nothing like we had ever seen before. Maybe something futuristic. The current one just reminds me too much of that whole Lateralus look. For something we've been waiting for so long, it was kind of a let down.

However, it is the music that matters. I just hope it's the next step from Lateralus.. Whatever that may be.

lostpilot

Hey, come on, look at yourself. You`re pathetic.
You`re underestimating the album without even listening..
And yeah, Vicarious disappointed me much, but just because it`s a single. Everybody has to do something for the living. Don`t destroy the happiness of finding the new tool album.

ToneDef

Quote from: bored on Apr 17, 2006, 07:51 AM

What? No I'm not at all. The only thing I'm expressing disapointment over is the supposed artwork. At this moment in time I don't like it. That ok with you?

DeftonesATF27

lithium royalty

Don`t destroy the happiness of finding the new tool album.

you have the album?

lostpilot

No, I don`t.
But I`m looking for it, and, damn, I don`t want someone to spoil my happiness.
Like thinking 'Oh, crap, they all said it is supposed to be shit.. maybe it`s not even worth listenint to?'.

fireflyry

The new single has leaked.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

eZe^

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 17, 2006, 08:34 AM

What? No I'm not at all. The only thing I'm expressing disapointment over is the supposed artwork. At this moment in time I don't like it. That ok with you?

pretty much all the artwork they've released they confirmed a couple of days later to be fake,but here's a link to the guy who does some of tool's artwork...

http://www.alexgrey.com/

Planet X>Dream Theater

fireflyry

Nah man he only did Lateralus's.

Corleone

the new single does sound like a lateralus b-side, so maybe you should listen to it.

fool

Chrisbo

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 17, 2006, 04:14 AMbut dude. the album can be called " our apocalyptic walk through burger paradise" and i wouldnt give a fuck, as long as its AMAZING

The truth!

I like the artwork though, have to say! In fact if it looked more like the way they've got it on the magazine advertisements, it'd be better, the sort of fading into the centre, light at the end of the tunnel, epic, chamber kinda look!

But yeah, just wait and see, eh...

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

alvarezbassist17

fireflyry

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Apr 17, 2006, 04:25 PM
Quote from: fireflyry on Apr 17, 2006, 10:19 AM
The new single has leaked.

vicarious?

No idea to be honest man although that title rings a bell.

Was reading an Australian forum about a week ago and apparently the new single and 70-80% of another track have leaked.Normally I'd delve deeper and download but seeing as the album is so close I'd rather wait.

Personally Tool is one of those bands where I totally have to listen to the full album, all the way through, for my first time listen of new material (neglecting any videos that is).The placement of songs structually and in the context of the album as a whole is somethimg I've always admired Tool for as they do it well and while I don't usually mind an early listen to a single with some bands it's like reading a middle chapter from a book with Tool.

:)

Chrisbo

Quote from: fireflyry on Apr 17, 2006, 04:42 PMPersonally Tool is one of those bands where I totally have to listen to the full album, all the way through, for my first time listen of new material (neglecting any videos that is).The placement of songs structually and in the context of the album as a whole is somethimg I've always admired Tool for as they do it well and while I don't usually mind an early listen to a single with some bands it's like reading a middle chapter from a book with Tool.

:)

You stole the point of the context in the album thing from my brain, as I forgot it earlier! Nah, good point man!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life