Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: dusttones on Apr 19, 2006, 08:53 AM
i'm waiting till the 2nd. I've heard Vicarious and that's all till then.

fireflyry

Respect.

I'm the same with the new Deftones although if the new album got leaked in it's entirety I'd have to put scissors to my internet connection to avoid temptation.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

black coffee

i didnt come here in a couple of days, but i listened to the vicarious nonstop in that time. its so excellent, and now im tempted to get the whole thing...

... no, its coming out on april 28th, i'll wait.

Crazylegs

Downloading 10,000 days, right now.

law

wait till you the hear 'the pot'... ;)

lostpilot

yeaaaaaaaaaah, this is odd

fireflyry

Crazylegs

is it t3h awesome?!..... ooooh just finished the download. (action post)

lostpilot

Okey, my comments on the album. If someone still did not listen, don`t read :)
1. Vicarious - well, as I`ve said somewhere before, this song sounds just like a single. Single song, without no magic and without any deeper throughts. Although, the drum track in the end of the song is really great. Similar to Lateralus, also, A Perfect Circle stuff.
2. Jambi - one agressive song, somehow also sounds as a forthcoming single or just simply Lateralus B-Side. The song has nice drum track, is very strange in the rythm. I mean, it sounds very uncommon. I liked it for the end of it, also sounds nice.
3. Wings For Marie - now ok, I loved this song. This song has part two, 10000 days and the songs fits perfectly together. It sounds so damn good, all melodies are really fitting in, good one. First song in the album to give me chills.
4. 10000 days - I guess by far the best song on the album. The whole song reminds me of Third Eye, having the intesity and long lasting effect. Well, I guess the song will be also a single, jus because of how good is it. Chills.
5. The Pot - Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, the beginning of it is REALLY odd. First of all I thought of that fake song on MySpace, but then I just got it as a different song. Somehow reminds me of Aenima. I don`t know why.
6. Lipan Conjuring - Okay, here goes the Toolish part of the occult. I couldn`t have imagined Tool album without such a song.
7. Lost Keys - intense guitar, then very melodic one. Somewhy this song ALSO reminds me something off Lateralus (guess I`m too into that album, so I just start seeing everything as in comparisson with Lateralus). But anyway, this song suprised me by being, as far as I understand, instrumental.
8. Rosetta Stoned - very nice song, unpredictable, various in melody and drums. Lost Keys part two? It reminds me of.. Very well, even though I`d like to understand all the lyrics. Could call it H. part two, somewhy. Also, the whole song is really agressive.
9. Intension - well, for sure this reminded me of Disposition/Reflection (damn, here I go again with the L). Calm, becoming stronger, than some associations with The Patient. Calm one, anyway.
10. Right in Two - this one surprised me. As the album turned into the end of it, I was hoping for a song like Third Eye and suddenly came this song with being sad.. I understand it as sad.. Angels and monkeys. Really great song, very emotional.
11. Virginti Tres - 23 - ok, now, this song is strange. Of course, strange as Tool strange. It, onl the moments, reminded me of Ions and Faaip de Oaid VERY much. But also, makes me chill.. scary. And somewhy, it takes me to such place, where I hope for a song like Third Eye. Something scary, long and anticipated.
Well, I`d like to know this is not the end. I`d like to know this album will have a b-side, which could stand in for the Third Eye thing.

mokeloke

i take back what i said about this album, i like it more and more everytime i lsten to it. i listened to this twice last night in a dark room, by myself, with the headphones on. to me, it seems like it is a concept album, there is one story that all the songs piece together. i need the lyrics to clarify it more, but it seems like there is a person that dies, and goes to hell for 10,000 days, then is sent up to heaven, because "10,000 days is enough in the fire" (10,000 days). he talks to god, and is told to be a hero and save the world. he then wakes up in the hospital, and doesn't believe what happened himself...he "must've been HIGH" (the pot), and runs off a story to the doctor, but, in the end, can't remember what he was told to do to become a hero (rosetta stoned), hence, nothing changes and "the angels are on the sideline, waiting for this tug of war to end" (right in two)...and the end with the evil sound of like something rotating is symbolic of the world continuing on as it was...

and i wasn't on drugs when i thought of this...

fireflyry

Much of the album deals with the death of Maynards mother.She had a stroke and was stricken to a wheel chair as a result.The time between her stroke and her death was 27 years or approx 10,000 days.

Sam

Where'd you hear/read that?

Crazylegs

7200 isn't too close to 10,000

fireflyry

On an Australian forum.

[edit]Oh heres the actual source guys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10,000_Days

QuoteAs Keenan explains on commentary on aMOTION, his mother suffered a stroke that left her in partially paralyzed and wheelchair-bound. The length of time between her paralysis and her death was 27 years, or approximately 10,000 days

It only says possible meanings BTW.

fireflyry

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 19, 2006, 05:56 PM

Dude I got 9855.

Chrisbo

Yeah, heard about this leak last night. Person I was speaking to downloaded it, told her not to tell any details but she said it was fucking awesome! But hell, I'm not touching that leak with a 20ft pole.

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Apr 19, 2006, 12:21 PM
Quote from: dusttones on Apr 19, 2006, 08:53 AM
i'm waiting till the 1st. I've heard Vicarious and that's all till then.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Crazylegs

Quote from: fireflyry on Apr 19, 2006, 06:08 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 19, 2006, 05:56 PM

Dude I got 9855.

wow, yeah, i did a serious fuck up and timed 360 with 20. What the fuck was i thinking?

Sam

You were thinking about a year having only 360 days.

Crazylegs

easier to calculate, the biggest mistake was timing it with 20.

Chrisbo

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life