Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breach Unborn

With Teeth was my second favorite album to come out last year..behind Blue-Sky Research. in my opinion it will be hard for deftones-radiohead0(hed)pe, ect ect to top this Tool album

fireflyry

I have to agree with whoever it was that commented on the epic that is "Right In Two".I'm still figuring out this album but that song is hands down brilliant.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

lithium royalty

the lyrics to right in two are chilling, as are wings 1 and 2

eZe^

Ok here I go,
I would profess to be one of the biggest tool fans around- going to see them 3 times in june and I'd like to think I dont talk much shit when it comes to the band. SO here comes the shit.
After listening to the 'new tool album' at least 40 times by now there was a very unsettleing feeling around me I couldn't put my finger on. On my first listen the definite change in tool was apparant, something was up. I did set out to listen to the album openly and to konck down the 5 year wall of expectation which inevidabley existed, but something was still up.
The first striking thing about the album was the production. The album had been mixed for quite a while so I do not believe it was an unmixed leak or anything. Tool are renowned for there polished production and this effort was definitley very dusty! I mean with danny carey-the drum god that he is, his kit sounds like shit on all tracks bar vicarious, the playing is dossile and unadventurous. Also the sounds of the recording differ on each track as if it were compiled as oppose to layed down.
Another striking thing was the albums concepts. I mean in all tool albums there is an underlying message which flows throughout to emphasis connectivity and movement. This album DOES NOT flow in that way. The track are completeley off focus with each other and the meaning are scattered and unconnecting-very not like tool! This album just isn't consistent with others!
The aLbum was alledgedly written in all of a year and a half yet I have a the track wing for marie part 1 being played after triad during the 2001 tour! Anyone doesn't believe me? just let me know and Ill send you the link which I cant find just now, plus I'm rushing this!

I believe this album is a decoy album-an album of song scattered throughout there carreer, it would make sense this way. The concept of the artwork for this album is steareoscopic imagery-looking at something, then again to get a 3D different image-check Adam jones's my space for more! This AGAIN highlights TOOL's message which is think for yourself and question everything. I believe vicarious is off there real album and would make perfect sense with the whole message of the song describing the world as retrieving everything from tv, internet etc and taking it as gospel. Also american dj's have called the album 10,000 years as did amazon as did oprah! When corrected on this by avid tool fans the radios replyed saying you're actually wrong we've got confirmation that it will be called 10,000 years from the band. This would make sense- 10,000 days (what a beautiful song) is a dedicated album to maynards mother who was parylised, and here comes the big one!- died 10,000 days (27 years) after she was parylised. For 27 years years she 'never had a life' and remained troubled and vegetable like. This connects beautifully to the supposed 10,000 years album which I assume would mirror his mothers struggle in that she is the microcosm of the global epidemec- a world that has become troubled and vegetable like! Also viginti tres meaning 23 in latin may be a clue if you listen to it that there is another 12 tracks to come..... 11 + 12 = 23- viginti tres.

Ok so I may be talking complete shit and you may all laugh if and when I'm proven wrong I'm just plantin seeds people. I love 10,000 days but I really don't think its the final chapter. Luckily I work in HMV so I'll be hearing the album prob on wed! If it is a decoy then Tool would pull of the most amazing stunt in history by fooling the media, the ppl etc and in the process underscoring there message which is LOOK DEEPER! Anyway just a thought.... Tool rock!

Planet X>Dream Theater

skinnypuppy

you should be their publicist, cause you managed to hype me up for an album that doesnt exist.

fireflyry

Valid comments but either way we will find out sooner than later.

I would add to judge the production off a rip, not to mention mp3 quality, is never a good idea.I honestly think it is the offical album but will be more than happy if I'm proved wrong.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Jacob

I will say this again, just to remind everyone.... a huge record company would NEVER EVER allow such a thing. just think about it. it's not Tool's decision, it's the record company's decision. they wouldn't see the humour in it and would only care about how many sales they'd lose over it.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

law

Quote from: fireflyry on Apr 23, 2006, 10:58 AM
I have to agree with whoever it was that commented on the epic that is "Right In Two".I'm still figuring out this album but that song is hands down brilliant.

totally agree, the vocals are superb.

bartdaddy12

I don't think this would hurt their record sales. Most of the tool fans that have this leaked album are goin to buy the cd no matter what. Decoy or no decoy. If people know there is a new tool cd it doesnt really matter what its called, cause they will find it. And plus if people heard about this whole decoy album thing, it might make them more curious. Its not like if they changed the name of a cd that you would never be able to find it, cause you know their is a new Tool cd on May 2. Thats all you really need to know.

lostpilot

wow, and what do you think about.. like. imagine.
tool released unsafe '10000 days' album.. the fans get the leak.
and then, a fan buys a true album from amazon/shop whatever and..
..finds the double cd inside.
and then he finds, that whole two cds get the 23, the viginti tres, songs.
i guess the fact that we, fans here, got the leak before, and it is still not the release date. this means we DO NOT KNOW what is in the album and what surprises may it cause.
just think about everything.

Phatboy41

Does anyone know if they are going to tour into Maryland... Baltimore area, or DC area????????????????

black coffee

Quote from: Breach Unborn on Apr 23, 2006, 10:15 AM
With Teeth was my second favorite album to come out last year..behind Blue-Sky Research. in my opinion it will be hard for deftones-radiohead0(hed)pe, ect ect to top this Tool album

i must say taproot haven't chosen the best time in the year to release an album, the flood of new cd's made Blue-Sky Research one of the most underrated cd's of 2005 imo.

Phatboy41

Does anyone know if they're coming to DC or Baltimore?

deftonekid

Quote from: Phatboy41 on Apr 24, 2006, 04:45 AM
Does anyone know if they're coming to Mexico?

yeah i know, im just a dreamer...

deftoolsys07

i don't like the viginti tres 23 total songs theory.. i'm pretty sure it's called viginti tres since it's the last track on the album and 23 means to leave, you know, like, it's the last fuckin song on the album... it makes perfect sense
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

deftonekid

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Apr 24, 2006, 05:09 AM
i don't like the viginti tres 23 total songs theory.. i'm pretty sure it's called viginti tres since it's the last track on the album and 23 means to leave, you know, like, it's the last fuckin song on the album... it makes perfect sense

we'll see... stay tuned.... may 2nd....

Laso

Can someone please up the link again? please?

Mei

Quote from: Laso on Apr 24, 2006, 06:05 AM
Can someone please up the link again? please?

Yea, good luck with that...
I Keep You Jealously To Myself

Breach Unborn

^stop..i will re up it again tomorrow

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 24, 2006, 01:59 AM
Quote from: Breach Unborn on Apr 23, 2006, 10:15 AM

i must say taproot haven't chosen the best time in the year to release an album, the flood of new cd's made Blue-Sky Research one of the most underrated cd's of 2005 imo.

i guess i never thought of it like that. but i made it a point to check out that cd. being 1 of my 5 favorite bands, i would focus on it more than almost anything released around it
but i have been like that with other bands albums.

edit: and does anyone have any other lyrics to this Tool cd figured out besides Vicarious?

deftoolsys07

Quote from: deftonekid on Apr 24, 2006, 05:13 AM
Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Apr 24, 2006, 05:09 AM

we'll see... stay tuned.... may 2nd....

comes out at the end of april actually in australia
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/