Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

If it was double, the dude would take a picture of both, that's true.

reimdaheim

i bought the cd today. the artwork is so cool.

Paint Your Lips

Damn, can't wait till Monday now !

Jacob

I'm getting butterflies in my stomach when I think of this album, just like when being in love...
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Oldnewtype

just don't expect it to be any good

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Apr 28, 2006, 06:16 PM
just don't expect it to be any good
That could kill those tiny butterflies in ones stomach ... But it rocks. I seriously like it, and i think aenemic will aswell.

Oldnewtype

I do to, I'm jsut saying. Don't expect, ruined it for half my friends. It pissed me off so bad hearing half of them saying "WHAT HAPPENED TO LATERALUS 2 MAN?!?!?! WTFASDF"

Paint Your Lips

You're def. right, man. I just didn't think it was possible to get led down by this album. Lateralus is a fucking great album, it really is, but i'm really digging this new album just as much.

Oldnewtype

the other half that werent saying that wouldn't shut up about "DUDE ITS FUCKIGN A PERFECT CIRLCE MAN".

I never really got that one.

lithium royalty

hey aswethinkweiz, where'd you find those?

Jacob

I don't expect a Laterlus 2. and seeing as I love APC just as much as Tool I wouldn't complain if the album is more APC-ish. because it would still be with a Tool sound. my friends who have listened to the new stuff say it's great and compare it more to Aenima than anything else.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Paint Your Lips

It's nothing near APC, Cody. I really can't see that ! You got some weird friends, haha. Aenemic on the other hands, his friends def. got a better opinion, and i would agree with them, that i do feel the new album resembles Aenima more than Lateralus.

Oldnewtype

yeah i know its nothing like APC lol thats exactly why they pissed me off, I dont think they realize theres three other guys in the band other than Maynard though. I tried to tell them...

I don't feel it really resembles Ænima anymore than it does any of their other albums though. I hear just as much of it as Undertow, Lateralus, and even hints of Salival (Pushit mainly).

Like I said, comparing this album to anything and approaching it with expectations does it a huge injustice.

But, I guess we're just human. So MARCH ON CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS!!

and lith, you can see some other pics if yopu go to http://www.theninhotline.com and click on the tool hotline

eZe^

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Apr 28, 2006, 06:27 PM
I do to, I'm jsut saying. Don't expect, ruined it for half my friends. It pissed me off so bad hearing half of them saying "WHAT HAPPENED TO LATERALUS 2 MAN?!?!?! WTFASDF"

your friends are stupid,they cant rate the tool album on just one listen,you gotta listen at least 40 times for it to really hit you...and on first listening this album has made the biggest impact on me...its absolutely amazing so far,lets hope it gets even better as it sinks in...

Planet X>Dream Theater

Doofaes

That stereoscopic shit made me try something the other day:

Put your forehead against a mirror, then slowly pull back, doing the cross eye thing mentioned on that site posted a few pages back, but focusing on your eyes. After a while, BAM! A Third Eye....

Chrisbo

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Apr 28, 2006, 05:18 PM

Me too!

And I like the fact that people are saying it's closer to the sound of Ænima, because that's in my top 3 albums of all time!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Oldnewtype

Quote from: Chrisbo on Apr 28, 2006, 11:23 PM
Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Apr 28, 2006, 05:18 PM

Me too!

And I like the fact that people are saying it's closer to the sound of Ænima, because that's in my top 3 albums of all time!

see what i mean

Gaz

I think my cd will arrive tomorrow, I got a confirmation of despatch on Wednesday and it's a bank holiday here in the UK, so maybe they have sent the CD's out especially so we get them before bank holiday monday, finger crossed.

lithium royalty

hahaa fuckin maynard "hows your band" "we're pretty successful at it"

"oh you still have a band, i thought it had already failed"