Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

law

Got mine this morning.
Fucking brilliant,

and the artwork, wow! The added lenses on the side of the packing are really cool.

Went to a club last night and Vicarious was on there, quite a lot of people danced to it actually... its funny seeing people dancing to Tool though, you have to do some 'space dance' to get it in time lol.

Paint Your Lips

Damn, tuesday seems so far away ...

Gaz

Also got mine in the mail today :)

Chrisbo

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Apr 28, 2006, 09:22 PM
Quote from: Chrisbo on Apr 28, 2006, 08:23 PM
Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Apr 28, 2006, 02:18 PM
Damn, can't wait till Monday now !

Me too!

And I like the fact that people are saying it's closer to the sound of Ænima, because that's in my top 3 albums of all time!

see what i mean

Haha, I just read your earlier post more thoroughly than before, now I see what you mean! Well as long as it is as great as people are saying then that's good enough for me heh!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

law

deftonekid

Quote from: law on Apr 29, 2006, 10:55 AM

damn that looks dope!!!

i hope i can get it on tuesday... but i dunno i was thinking that maybe i'll need to wait a little bit more like the b-sides... damn!!!

Chrisbo

Tomorrow is the day I get that baby! Woo!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

skinnypuppy

lol it wasnt a decoy :)

KingCrimson

i think its a great album man, im very happy with it. the one and only thing i thought might abit anoying is, the fact that in several parts maynards vocals remind me of a perfect circle abit to much, i shudnt say anoying, its not like it made the album any worse, because i think its a fine piece of work. time will tell weather it becomes my favoroute tool album. lateralus is a hard one to beat.

lostcancer

Quote from: KingCrimson on May 01, 2006, 04:56 AM
i think its a great album man, im very happy with it. the one and only thing i thought might abit anoying is, the fact that in several parts maynards vocals remind me of a perfect circle abit to much, i shudnt say anoying, its not like it made the album any worse, because i think its a fine piece of work. time will tell weather it becomes my favoroute tool album. lateralus is a hard one to beat.

you said it perfectly man, i wasn't feeling it at first  but.... i now love this album... it did grow on me and all it took was that one extra listen. I'm so glad that i love it now...fuck i was getting worried... but i get it now.

punkmofugger

setlist from Coachella festival:

1. Stinkfist
2. The Pot
3. 046&2
4. Jambi
5. Schism
6. The Patient
7. Sober
8. Lateralus
9. Vicarious
10. Aenima

yoda on mars

I don't like tool :(

yoda on mars

oh, but this new song is quite ok.

Chrisbo

The day has come! My first of many listenings of 10,000 Days! Man, the packaging is sweet!!!

See you all in a couple of weeks hehe!

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Chrisbo on May 01, 2006, 12:08 PM
The day has come! My first of many listenings of 10,000 Days! Man, the packaging is sweet!!!

See you all in a couple of weeks hehe!

Gaz

Quote from: punkmofugger on May 01, 2006, 08:50 AM
setlist from Coachella festival:

1. Stinkfist
2. The Pot
3. 046&2
4. Jambi
5. Schism
6. The Patient
7. Sober
8. Lateralus
9. Vicarious
10. Aenima

Sweet setlist, I can't wait to see them in London.

Azwethinkweiz

My review of 10,000 Days (i've only listened to it once).

1. Vicarious
The first single which most people have already heard. I love this song, it's a great opener and right in your face. It could easily be a b-side off of Lateralus (that isnt a bad thing). The ending is absolute killer 10/10

2. Jambi
Whoever said that 10,000 was going to be a Lateralus 2, think again. This song is so different and has one of the coolest guitar-riffs ever. Nice and heavy, a great rocker 9/10

3 and 4. Wings For Marie (Pt 1)/ 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)

One of the most beautiful Tool songs i've ever heard. I hear a major Pink Floyd influence in this song and everything about it is perfect. The best song(s) on the album. 11/10

5. The Pot
This songs really confirms how fantastic Maynard is as a vocalist. His voice is phenomenal and at first, it doesnt even sound like Maynard. Very original and with some of the best vocalwork i've heard from Tool. 10/10

6. Lipan Conjuring
A little filler, sets a nice mood. Nothing special. 5/10

7. Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Same as above, only better. 7/10

8. Rosetta Stoned
This might be one of Tool's heaviest songs to date. The chorus is really dirty and angry. The verses are spoken, very fast. Heaviest song on the album. 8/10

9. Intension
A very nice, atmospheric song. Soothing. 8/10

10. Right In Two
Awesome song, starts slow and builds up towards the end. Excellent basslines in this one. 9/10

11. Viginti Tres

A creepy closer, no vocals. Best "instrumental" song on album. 7/10

Overall, this album is almost perfect and you must do yourself a favor and listen to the album without skipping any tracks (the first time you listen to it) to get the full experience. The album is one big journey through musical soundscapes and beautiful vocals and haunting lyrics.
Starts off very strong and powerful and gets a little weaker in the end.

I give 10,000 Days:

9/10

fireflyry

lol nice review man, if not slightly biased.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

sleeptraveler

I hear alot of talk about amazing time signatures and guitar work.  To the contrary, it's very predictable in every way.  Nothing special at all here.  The single is horrid.  This is a passable album and nothing more.  Should have been an EP.

That sounds like a hate post and I don't mean it to be.  Just my opinion is all.