Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutron liar

if anyone finds the whole Coachella recording, they should post it.  The set they played was amazing, and if there's some songs recorded, im sure the whole thing is out there.

fireflyry

My ranking:

1.Ænima
2.Undertow
3.Lateralus
4.Opiate
5.10,000 Days

I agree totally with Sleeptraveler after listening to 10,000 Days at least 30-35 times through.In my opinion it's their weakest release to date, same chords, same song structure, it's just way to predictable with few surprises although I like the changes in Maynards voice.

I would also add before people tell me I'm totally wrong and that this is the best thing since sliced bread that we should be able to disagree without assuming that one person is therefore right and one must be wrong.In many ways music is an expression of freedom and we should be able to pass honest comment on it without getting jumped on just because the majority disagree as I think happened when SleepTraveler voiced his/her opinion.

When I compare this album to Ænima and Undertow, for me, it's not even in the same league.I have listened to both albums probably thousands of times and still do but 10,000 Days bores me already.Theres nothing new.

Is it a great album?Of course but is it great in comparison to their previous releases?As a fan who has cued for midnight releases of every Tool album since the release of Undertow in 93, not even close.Rad artwork though.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

law

Quote from: fireflyry on May 02, 2006, 06:08 PM
My ranking:

1.Ænima
2.Undertow
3.Lateralus
4.Opiate
5.10,000 Days

I agree totally with Sleeptraveler after listening to 10,000 Days at least 30-35 times through.In my opinion it's their weakest release to date, same chords, same song structure, it's just way to predictable with few surprises although I like the changes in Maynards voice.

I would also add before people tell me I'm totally wrong and that this is the best thing since sliced bread that we should be able to disagree without assuming that one person is therefore right and one must be wrong.In many ways music is an expression of freedom and we should be able to pass honest comment on it without getting jumped on just because the majority disagree as I think happened when SleepTraveler voiced his/her opinion.

When I compare this album to Ænima and Undertow, for me, it's not even in the same league.I have listened to both albums probably thousands of times and still do but 10,000 Days bores me already.Theres nothing new.

Is it a great album?Of course but is it great in comparison to their previous releases?As a fan who has cued for midnight releases of every Tool album since the release of Undertow in 96, not even close.Rad artwork though.

Well thats cool man, type what you feel and dont feel pressured to think what everyone else thinks. I personally love it, but I haven't been a Tool fan for ages, only since Lateralus really but I prefer this kinda stuff... maybe because I really like APC too and it does have more of a APC vibe to it than their other stuff.

Chrisbo

I wish I had the album with me now at Uni, I'm looking forward to getting back home to  listen to it again haha!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

punkmofugger

Quote from: Chrisbo on May 02, 2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah, so after 30 or 40 listenings, I think it's safe to say that this album is a masterpiece in my opinion! Of course there was never any doubts about that haha! But yeah, I love it!

My favourite tracks are probably Wings For Marie/10,000 Days (these two beside each other are perfect, there is just a nice sound floating all the way through, and the way it progresses is great!), Right In Two (simply a classic sounding Tool song right here), The Pot (Maynard's voice sounds so fresh and clear in this song, which is cool), Jambi (man I love the introduction, nice and meaty and jagged rhythm).

This album is shaping up to be the best new album I've heard in years (even better than With Teeth and Leviathan). Not sure where it lands in the Tool spectrum yet, but man...speechless!
WORD!!

punkmofugger

Quote from: neutron liar on May 02, 2006, 05:15 PM
if anyone finds the whole Coachella recording, they should post it.  The set they played was amazing, and if there's some songs recorded, im sure the whole thing is out there.
not yet..and there will be a torrent too...
i'll keep you guys updated !

Azwethinkweiz

Damn, the more I listen to the new album, the more I love it. It's amazing.

mokeloke

is this entire tour sold out? ticketmaster doesn't have any date listed as sold out, but you can't get tickets for anything.

anyone know anything more?

Crazylegs

Am i the only one who thinks that this album was a bit of a disappointment?

fireflyry

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 02, 2006, 07:43 PM
Am i the only one who thinks that this album was a bit of a disappointment?

No.

Chrisbo

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 02, 2006, 07:13 PM

My sentiments too man!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

neutron liar

1,2 and 10 are the only songs I like.  So im not down with this new record either.

Chrisbo

Hmmm, well all I can say is give it some time, but then you guys have had it a while now eh...Ah well

Just thought I'd say that I think the lenses are an awesome idea, the 3D-ness is hella cool!

law

Quote from: Chrisbo on May 02, 2006, 08:11 PM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 02, 2006, 07:13 PM

My sentiments too man!

fireflyry

lol

QuoteJust to let you all know everything on this page is fake. Remember 'lateralus' when they decided to tell us it was going to be called 'Systema Encéphale'? The album wont be called '10,000 days' and the cover art is an old peice by the artist Alex grey who designed the cover for lateralus. The main hint though is in the 1st track title 'vicarious' which means 'to take place of somthing else'and 'lipan conjouring' that is the screen name of the tool guitarist on louisvillemojo.com. There are several fake MP3's released on P2P networks that are unreleased tracks with almost no vocals. If that isnt enough proof tool are up to their old tricks again look at the tracks lengths they released and how their different from the leaked versions...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000EULJLU/202-3249675-5227057

Azwethinkweiz

reimdaheim

Quote from: punkmofugger on May 01, 2006, 10:30 PM
three mp3's from coachella last night are posted here:
http://www.distortiononline.com/mp3/
right click-save as.. to dl

thank you very much!

law

"With a majority of the songs on 10,000 Days clocking in well past the seven-minute mark, you wouldn't be entirely mistaken in thinking that the title of the album refers to how long it actually takes to make it through the whole thing."

true

Azwethinkweiz

What exactly are the stories behind each Tool album? Anyone know this?
I only know that 10,00 Days is about Maynards mother..or something?

Enlighten me.

fireflyry

Dude that's a mighty can of worms you want to open.

The only people that know what the albums mean are Tool and honestly there is more speculation, over analytical theories about the meaning of Tool albums/songs than there are about David Lynch films.

In saying the album means whatever you want it to mean to you personally.In nearly every interview I've read that's all Maynard states and I agree with him.