Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencard

I resisted teptation and just listened to 'vacarious'.

Just got home w/ the album and about to listen to it in a few min.

KingCrimson

whatd ya reckon???

punkmofugger

there's a torrent from tools seattle show last night:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=94091

law

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 03, 2006, 01:39 AM
its different than i expected. but its basically all the TOOL albums put together

10,000 days is the best song on the album. the beginning almost made me cry

spot on, I had that on when I woke up this morning... that song is fucking tops right there.

fireflyry

Right in Two > 10,000 Days

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

law

Quote from: fireflyry on May 03, 2006, 09:32 AM
Right in Two > 10,000 Days

i thought that initially, but I prefer the buildup on 10,000 days... different songs for different moods I guess.

Chrisbo

Quote from: one weak on May 02, 2006, 11:31 PM
fuck i waited this whole time, didn't download it, haven't heard a single song....and it's sold out at my local record store. have to wait till tomorrow. :(

Yeah when my bro went to get it, apparently there was only two left, and the album was the only one people had been buying all day. Apparently mid-week it's set to go in the album charts at No.3 here in the UK!

10,000 Days and Right In Two are my two favourite songs on the album! They're like The Grudge and The Patient of the album for me (my two favs off of Lateralus). Just thinking as well, imagine if you fell asleep during listening to it and woke up on Viginti Tres, man that shit is creepy as fuck! You'd think you were in hell! Satan-in-the-engine crazy shit! :D

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

4th Eye

Quote from: one weak on May 02, 2006, 11:31 PM
fuck i waited this whole time, didn't download it, haven't heard a single song....and it's sold out at my local record store. have to wait till tomorrow. :(
I too waited (except for Vicarious) and now I have no money. :(
Well, I get money tomorrow so I'll run to the store after school.

Jacob

I bought the album today. I haven't listened to it yet though... I'm scared, to be honest. it feels like since I've waited so damn long and been so excited about it the last few weeks I will automatically feel let down once I've heard the album and go like "that's that? what now?". haha. shit, I'm putting too much thought into this....
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Azwethinkweiz

haha i just figured out how to use the 3-D lenses.. wow this shit's awesome..

Jacob

please explain cuz I don't get it.

Azwethinkweiz

Look through the lenses with your eyes about three inches away at the various pictures that you can flip through. Then slowly pull the lenses closer towards your eyes.
It shows the pictures much larger and in 3-D.

Chrisbo

Another point, relax your eyes, dont like strain otherwise it gets all blurry!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Jacob

I'll check it out later. listening to the album for the second time now. I won't say a word about it until I've listened to it a few more times. and I'm gonna let my 10,000th post be a review of this album, haha.

Chrisbo

Haha cool man! Now you just got to think about what to say inbetween now and your 10,000th post haha!

Jacob

well.... I could say "hey chrisbo, what's up my man?"

Chrisbo

Yes you could say that and I could say "what's up aenemic? what do you think of the new Tool album?" haha!

Nah man, 10,000 posts, that's tight!  :)

Moz La Punk

Have listened to it about 10 times now, I dig this shit, I'd say it's second to Aenima and Lateralus. Thatll be third then. Still good.

sleeptraveler

So no one else fucking HATES the 'breakdowns' in the songs?  

Did they intentionally set out to ruin the few good tunes on the cd?

There are great moments, quickly followed by absolutely terrible, lazy attempts at (What I assume the band to see as 'interesting') structure changes.  '10,000 Days' being a prime example:  An emotionally epic builder, only to shift radically after the crescendo, to Maynard (backed by comical, amateur guitar work) half-singing "Oooh, oooh...".  Did anyone else laugh at this point in the song or was it just me?  Completely and utterly shits all over a great song.  This is where I hit the skip button.

Just awful.  

What's actually ruined this album for is this seemingly frivolous, forced need to throw pointless, uninteresting changes into the songs.  These are the kind of things a new band might do in practice, as they're finding their footing and sound.  The kinds of things you throw away and don't ever record becaus they don't add anything to the song.  They actually take you away and out of the moment.

Yeah.  This album is only getting worse for me.  I don't think I'll be listening to it again.  And I really wanted to like this thing.  What a Total.  Fucking.  Letdown.

Azwethinkweiz

holy shit.