Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

Quote from: Assassin on May 04, 2006, 03:16 PM
Well, I just listened to it, I tried to give it a chance, I really did, especially in light of the fact that Maynard actually sounded like his own gender in this song, but I'm just totally unimpressed. I guess Tool is just one of those bands you either love or hate.

haha, u dont like tool or radiohead.    thats nuts

anyway... chrisbo mentioned that the song, the pot is about drugs

yeah its def. about weed. cause he mentions reefer and the ganja police

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

fireflyry

Who are you to wave your finger
You must have been out your head
Eyehole deep in muddy waters
You practically raised the dead

Rob the grave to snow the cradle
Then burn the evidence down
Soapbox house of cards and glass
So don't go tossing your stones around

You must have been high
You must have been high
You must have been.

Foot in mouth and head up asshole
Whatcha' talkin' bout
Difficult to dance round this one
Till you pull it out boy

You must have been so high
You must have been so high

Steal, borrow, reefer
Save your shady inference
Kangaroo done hung the juror
With the innocent

Now you're weeping shades of chosen indigo, got lemon juice up in your eye.
And when you pissed all over my black kettle...

You must have been high, high
You must have been high, high

Who are you to wave your finger
So full of it
Eyeballs deep in muddy waters
Fucking hypocrite

Liar, lawyer, mirror show me
What's the difference
Kangaroo done hung the guilty
With the innocent

Now you're weeping shades of chosen indigo, got lemon juice up in your eye.

You must have been

So who are you to wave your finger
Who are you to wave your fatty finger
At me, you must have been out your mind.

Weeping shades of indigo
Shaft without a reason
Weeping shades of indigo

Liar, lawyer, mirror for you
What's the difference
Kangaroo be stoned he's guilty
as the government

Now you're weeping shades of chosen indigo, got lemon juice up in your eye, eye.

You must have been high high high high
Ganja police you must have been out your
Mind

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Chrisbo

Man, you could never tell it's about weed eh?  :D

Well, I just listened to it, I tried to give it a chance, I really did, especially in light of the fact that Maynard actually sounded like his own gender in this song, but I'm just totally unimpressed. I guess Tool is just one of those bands you either love or hate.

Yeah, I stole that from monk haha!  :D

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

sleeptraveler

Quote from: defskull on May 04, 2006, 06:52 AM
Quote from: sleeptraveler on May 04, 2006, 12:22 AM
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on May 03, 2006, 10:24 PMhang on, let me get the backhoe for your sandy vagina.

Awww, how cute.  And original too!

I bet your MySpace is awesome.

Anyway, I've just grown out of this band.  I was hoping for something more.  Didn't get it.  No big deal.  Life goes on you know?  I'll refrain from posting anymore about it.

Man you have such a small penis. It is not even funny.

Man the truth hurts. 

I love how bent out of shape people get just for not liking the same cd as they do.  hahaha

Gaz

comfortably_numb

Adam Jones said in an interview that the song is about
'the pot calling the kettle black'

fireflyry

Sounds like a stoner told Maynard to stop taking mushrooms to me.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: punkmofugger on May 04, 2006, 02:32 PM
Tool live in Seattle peeps!!!!!!!!
200MB 320kbps mp3:
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=55EXZ8F1
enjoy ;)

it's insane how good maynards voice is live.

kristinopolis

Quote from: fireflyry on May 04, 2006, 03:27 PM
His own gender?

*must not get angry...turning green...ARRGGHH!!*

sdfjnskfs/fdSDFHKKKK roflllll.... funny...

I got 10,000 days, for only $11.69!
Wow, I feel bad cause I dont know where my cd player is so I cant listen to it in its entirety.. Im thinking of just listening to it in the car.. tehehe SURROUND SOUND. but its fucking amazing for what ive heard so far.

Actually a day before I heard vicarious on the radio.. and I felt bad cause I didnt think it was them.. I was just like haha sounds kinda like tool. and it was turned down.. and then about 4 minutes later it was still playing and I was like... fuccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk... IT FUCKIN IS TOOL. ITS LIKE 20 MINUTES LONG. IT MUIST BE TOOL. But ya I felt horrible cause it didnt actually process in my brain that it IS tool until then.

SMITE ME DOWN NOW OH GLORIOUS GODS! LET IT BE! I DID NOT KNOW

haha rant, a lot more than you guys, sorry (not really)

ist der tragoediiiee??? 8)

Assassin

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2006, 05:52 PM

I find their music boring.

Crazylegs

Now that i don't understand.

Assassin

I find I need to make an effort to listen to it, which isn't what music is about. Your appreciation for music should just... flow. It shouldn't be forced.

I like music with a kick to it, something that really grabs your attention and makes you feel something. Tool and Radiohead don't do that with me.

Crazylegs

fair enough.

deathblow

Quote from: Assassin on May 05, 2006, 12:56 AM
I find I need to make an effort to listen to it, which isn't what music is about. Your appreciation for music should just... flow. It shouldn't be forced.

I like music with a kick to it, something that really grabs your attention and makes you feel something. Tool and Radiohead don't do that with me.

if you cant feel the kick , then you're not hearing danny carey!!!... he's the intensity, picking it up comes naturally to me, but alot of people dont even hear his technique or understand it.  i see what you mean assassin, i mean i could NEVER like korn or good charlotte or bullshit music, and i guess tool to you is BS music, although they are the most tallented band out there as of today, and know what they're doing, and can play their instruments like no other (except maybe adam :P, but he does the job) ...   but yeah , for every man/woman his/her own,  if we didnt have opinions we'd all be the same, conformist bastards...

but.. my question to assassin... if you dislike tool, what are you doing on the tool thread?!?!?!
:)

deathblow

ps. Rosetta stoned is the best song ever...  lost keys (blame hofman) is clearly a title based on an acid trip, and leads to rosetta which is about one bad acid trip and an alien telling him that he is the chosen one ... "You are the chosen one. The one who will deliver the message. A message of hope for those who should choose to hear it and a warning for those who do not."   ... but he forgot his pen so couldnt write it down,

Strapped down on my bed.
Feet cold and eyes red.
I'm out of my head.
Am i alive? Am i dead?
Sunkist and sudafed.
Gyroscopes and infrared.
Won't help the braindead.
Can't remember what they said.
GOD DAMN! I SHIT THE BED!!!!

Fireal1222

i think your way off

i think lost keys (blame hoffman), is a continuation of the story that TOOL has told from album to album. lost keys is referring back to the song, "the patient", the band are letting us understand more about how the story begins and ends.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

jujuslim

Bought the new Tool on May 3rd,  listened to the whole album, stayed up for eight hours puking all night long!                    Biggest disappointment so far this year...    Man what a bummer :'(   

wifeparty

hoffman is a friend of the band.

remember that everything that Tool say/do should be taken with a large bowl of salt.

60% of Maynards lyrics deal with loosing his mum (Judith, Jimmy etc) and his life after that. the rest aare about drugs and stuff.

i personally love the album. You can tell it was written for themselves with no singles in mind.

Tool have prefected the anti-climax

Chrisbo

Quote from: Assassin on May 05, 2006, 12:52 AM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2006, 05:52 PM

I find their music boring.

Quote from: Chrisbo on May 04, 2006, 06:58 PM

Haha, I'm determined to get you to appreciate Tool a bit more!  :D Try the tracks 'Ticks & Leeches' or 'Part Of Me' then. If that fails then so be it!

It's funny you should say that you find their music boring though! Back in the day, I got into Tool because I found that they were far more exciting than most of the "simplistic" straight forward music I listened to (apart from Deftones and NIN). I got bored, and Tool relighted the fire if you know what I'm saying!

If you believe there has to be an immediate hook, then fair enough, but I think that personally if you stick at music and give it a chance then it can be very rewarding in the long run!

Who knows, maybe one day it'll click in place.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

deathblow

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 05, 2006, 01:55 AM
i think your way off

i think lost keys (blame hoffman), is a continuation of the story that TOOL has told from album to album. lost keys is referring back to the song, "the patient", the band are letting us understand more about how the story begins and ends.

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 05, 2006, 01:55 AM
i think your way off

well im not WAAAAAAAAAAAY off... i mean how do you or i know?  just lost keys... haha cmon man.  anyways.  i know im dead on for rosetta.    E MOTHERFUCIN' T