Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathblow

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 06, 2006, 07:52 AM
oh, i feel more of a pink floyd influence on 10,000days  than on any other of there albums.

if u listen closely u can hear a british man talking in the background of one of the songs, i forget which one ( not the doctor in lost keys )

but the british man speaking sounds like the exact same dude who speaks in the background of darkside of the moon

paul mcaurtney is one of those guys.  they brought in several 'big' or just interesting men and asked them questions like...    "have you ever hit a person?" , "what state of mind were you in when you hit the person?" "would you do it again?"  and so on.   and yes 10000 days reminds me alot of the floyd in many parts , some samples and keyboard parts remind me of echoes or shine on you crazy diamond

Assassin

Quote from: Chrisbo on May 06, 2006, 04:18 PM
Well Zaz I've got to give props for the Mastodon, Oceansize and Thrice aspect of your list!

Anyway guess if you dont like Maynards voice then that's kinda it, although for years my mate hated Deftones mainly because of Chino's voice, now he loves them! Of course with both, the voice is the main driving point of the machine, if you know what I mean!

Yeah I get you, perhaps Tool will click for me one day, but I honestly don't see it happening.

Quote from: lithium royalty on May 06, 2006, 08:22 PM
assassin likes it HARD!

Hahaha, oh the connotations.

fightclubche

Wow, sucks for whoever bought tickets.  11 songs for an entire show.  HAHAHAHAHA you all got ripped off that got tickets.

ToneDef

Well, pay a lot to see a great band. Pay a little to see Umphrey's Mcgee.

fightclubche

The greatest band ever never charged this much and they would play at least 2 sets and over 3 hours of music.  Jerry>adam  the dead>tool

ToneDef

Ha!

So what's the deal anyway? Am I assuming they're only playing 11 songs in their current set? Don't forget their songs are pretty fucking long.

Chrisbo

As long as when I see them they play for longer than an hour and a half (which I'm sure they will), then I'm happy! As for the setlist, there's no way I'm going to be disappointed, there isnt one "proper" Tool song that I dislike! Of course there's the favourites such as H and The Patient and that, but I'm not going to be like "Man, so fucking disappointed" if they dont play them!

And yeah, apparently the Glasgow tickets have been printed now but they cant distribute them because on the back they have NME printed on them (which is the same as the Anthrax and Deftones tickets, and they have nothing to do with NME).

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

dusttones

setlist from 05/05 and 05/06:

Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

Azwethinkweiz

I can't wait to hear The Pot live at Roskilde Festival. Damn.

Paint Your Lips

I hope they play Ticks and Leeches ! And Rosetta Stoned, what a kickass track !

Azwethinkweiz

yeah. How many songs do you think they'll play?

Paint Your Lips

It's a festival, it's summer, the mood is going to be great. Lets say 15-20. haha

black coffee

setlist looks fine in my opinion, i cant wait to see them.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on May 07, 2006, 09:22 PM
It's a festival, it's summer, the mood is going to be great. Lets say 15-20. haha

haha, that would be a long-ass set ;D

Anyways, i'm just hoping to see these songs:

Vicarious
The Pot
Rosetta Stoned
Parabol/Parabola
The Grudge
Ticks and Leeches
Schism
Stinkfist
Eulogy
Hooker with a penis
AEnema
Right in two

That would be awesome, haha!

Fireal1222

if i were going to a tool show. id want them to play 10,000 days, from beginning to end

anyway. im calling you out firefly, and anybody else who isnt amazed by this album

its everything i could have possibly hoped for, and i dont understand how it didnt blow me away on first listen

the 1st two tracks are getting you into the album because it has a lateralus like feel. especially the guitar solos

then tool take a totally different direction from song 3 to the end

my favorites are:

jambi
10,000 days
the pot ( i hated this song when i first heard it )
lost keys (blame hofmann)
right in two

the album is very complete, and flows together well. the artwork is absolutely mind boggling, and i really love the basslines on the album

the guitar solo at the end of jambi scrambles my brain everytime

firefly was right when he says that this albums has many predictable parts. but it still sounds great

theres a part in the song, the pot, about midway through, when the bassline kicks in even stronger, and you begin to feel the song paint a picture

everytime i close my eyes and hear this album with headphones, i picture the native american from the photos inside the album, and on the cover

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

I hear ya, Jarad. And i too hated The Pot the first listen.

The album is kickass, no doubt. And the whole atmosphere and soundscape of 10.000 Days and Wings for Marie is amazing. I love to dive into it.

And of course when you hear Lipan Conjuring you can't help thinking of native indians. And Lost Keys is just killer when you're stoned.

I'll give it a 9/10 for sure.

Fave tracks.
Vicarious
Jambi
10.000 Days
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two

But, in its entirety, all tracks are equally great.

Lapsang Souchong

its dead its dead the sound gone red behead whats said when we're fed to the head...
..time the dragon in areas behind the water..

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

What's said? I'll tell you what's said. "Oh god! I'm dead!"

Lapsang Souchong

it sped through your head and now its dead. dot dot dot.... cant you see whats come to me in terms of three what can it be? rhetorical rhetorical rhetorical.... a submarine of flavor is torpedo'd. millions come to the shore to collect bubbles of death. what comes to some as non sequitur may have more meaning than one might think...
..time the dragon in areas behind the water..

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I got nothin'.