Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisbo

Yep Callisto do indeedyo rock!

And yeah 4th Eye, I know exactly what you mean!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

4th Eye

Quote from: aenemic on May 16, 2006, 04:15 PM
haha, I wish...

it's amazing how not one single person has exceeded my post count yet considering I don't post that often anymore and haven't done so the last two years :-\

btw, 4th eye... I just heard Callisto for the first time ever a few minutes ago. awesome band!

You had a good start. Zillion posts in first few days or something...

Callisto are great! They had a new album out last week (haven't heard it yet) and would've toured in my town but I drank all my money before. "True Nature Unfolds" is an awesome album.

Edit: Oh and Jacob, you got into TDN's board already? I saw a member called Ænemic registering there a while back...

Oldnewtype

it's amazing how not one single person has exceeded my post count yet considering I don't post that often anymore and haven't done so the last two years :-\

yeah, I've been notiing that for awhile lol

Jacob

Quote from: 4th Eye on May 16, 2006, 04:21 PM
haha, I wish...

btw, 4th eye... I just heard Callisto for the first time ever a few minutes ago. awesome band!

You had a good start. Zillion posts in first few days or something...

Callisto are great! They had a new album out last week (haven't heard it yet) and would've toured in my town but I drank all my money before. "True Nature Unfolds" is an awesome album.

Edit: Oh and Jacob, you got into TDN's board already? I saw a member called Ænemic registering there a while back...

I just got the new album over msn. haven't listened to it though.

nope, my e-mail is blocked on that site for some obscure reason. but what the fuck, are people stealing my internet name now?! I always use this name godammit.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

greencard

TOOl are in the new issue of Revolver magazine and also grace the cover as well:

Best part - Maynard with a  monocle.
Monocles are making a comeback.

lithium royalty

great vinnie interview in that one.

adam jones is on the cover of guitarworld, that one comes with a dime dvd guitar lesson.

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

beat ohhh

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet [and I'm sorry if they have], but here is a link to a review on the new album by the guys @ Something Awful dotcom.

Enjoy. :D

Chrisbo

Yay, look what the shop got in yesterday

I am now officially, 100%, a happy man!  :D

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Jacob

any idea who will be opening for Tool this summer?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Chrisbo

I'm absolutely clueless! It would be nice to know seeing as it's like just over 3 weeks until I see them heh!

Oldnewtype

I hope its something Ipecac-y

deftonekid

Quote from: greencard on May 16, 2006, 05:18 PM
TOOl are in the new issue of Revolver magazine and also grace the cover as well:

Best part - Maynard with a  monocle.
Monocles are making a comeback.

yeah i saw it the other day, it comes with a great b&w poster.

Gaz

Found this on another forum

QuoteDo you remember that Tool did weird stuff like use the fibonacci sequence on the syllables of the verses in Lateralus? This is even crazier and cooler, and you have to follow a couple of steps to get it.

The mystery of the filler "Vigniti tres" and the two "Wing" parts being a bit similar to each other now make sense, as well as the cover of the album. If you play Wings pt1+Vigniti Tres at the same time as Wings pt 2, you realize that the 2 songs are equal in length to Wings pt2 ... That means that they are meant to be synchronized! The frickin' band synchronized 3 songs!!!! The cover of the album has two faces looking sideways and one big face looking towards you. MAybe the two faces are the 2 smaller songs and the bigger face is the long song ... combined result in one big head.

Just check it out ... the combination is incredibly well done. I am breathless!!! The sync with vigniti tres with the second half of wings pt2 is probably the coolest part, but the first half is really cool too with different riffs in syncs, talk and response of voices, complicated drumming, etc.

The problem is to do it right. The method I use is very hard. I put my headphones in first. I put my Tool disc on the computer, and use windows media player on just track 4 (wings pt2), then transform tracks 3 and 11 into mp3 files in your disc (downloading it may not work since the tracks may vary in length, unless you use something like torrent, stick with mp3 transformation since it's legal though). Ok, now that you have the mp3s ... click play on those two files using winamp.

Now, here comes the tricky part. Press play on the winamp file then pause it. Now, move the winamp windows in a way so that it's very close to the play button of window media player. Now get the time bar of winamp to the far left (the beginning of the wings pt1) and press play, immediately pressing play on the windows media player one. There will be like a 1/10 second difference and is not very noticeable at all.

Maybe there's another way ... if you have two CD drives, maybe you could burn your 10,000 days CD twice (one with wings pt2 and one with the other two songs) play the two at the same time and you won't have to do any tricky stuff.

from http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23344&FID=3

I haven't tried it yet.

Paint Your Lips

Here's a torrent with the mixed songs ! http://www.kerrazy-torrents.net/index.php?showtopic=63480&hl=tool

Thanks to the almighty Jazznaz ! Give him probs.

Gaz

I just did it myself in Adobe Audition and it sounded alright, nothing great though, lot's of bits were out of sync but thats because I had'nt messed with any settings etc;, I'll check out that torrent.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on May 18, 2006, 02:30 PM
Here's a torrent with the mixed songs ! http://www.kerrazy-torrents.net/index.php?showtopic=63480&hl=tool

Thanks to the almighty Jazznaz ! Give him probs.

torrent wont let me in, do i have to sign up

one of u just upload the damn songs combined

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

wheresmysnare

not a tool fan but this months rhytm magazine has a special feature on danny carey

lithium royalty

that's awesome.. i didnt really dig the 10,000 days with wings for marie one but once viginti tres started, it made the second half of 10,000 days a whole lot more ambient sounding.. and creepy.