Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 18, 2006, 09:18 PM
Quote from: Paint Your Lips on May 18, 2006, 05:30 PM
Here's a torrent with the mixed songs ! http://www.kerrazy-torrents.net/index.php?showtopic=63480&hl=tool

Thanks to the almighty Jazznaz ! Give him probs.

torrent wont let me in, do i have to sign up

one of u just upload the damn songs combined

same here, I don't wanna sign up just for that. could someone be nice enough to upload it?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Gaz

just sign up, it takes about 1 minute.

Deftonesaddict

TOOL
2006-05-13
Auditorium Theatre
Chicago, IL USA
source- Sony ECM DS70P,
Sony Hi MD MZ-M100 (PCM 44.1)
Transfer- USB Upload from Sony MZ-M100 to Sonic Stage> FLAC Frontend

Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Forty-six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right in Two
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

Maynard was bothered by a cold / sore throat, but stuck it out, and his mike was so low in the mix it wasn't noticeable anyway. Really expected better sound in the Auditorium as it's arguably the best venue in the City to see a show, but for a rock show it wasn't bad. This comes from the 1st balcony, just right of center, so there is considerable crowd noise, but this IS a TOOL show! First time live for "Right In Two" and it was great.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q4IC9949

its a torrent file. the files are .flac, can someone upload this concert in mp3 or even in FLAC please?

thanks

neutron liar

If you can hold on a day or so, My Nero Burning program can covert most files about.  I have changed flac files to mp3 before.  It takes awhile, but it does it.

Oldnewtype

Wow. I jsut mixed those tracks myself in goldwave and it sounds fucking great.

Doofaes

I did the mix and I dont think it sounds too hot. Just like a big off time mess to me. Granted, there are some parts that line up beautifully, but for a lot the time, the tempos arent even matching. The part with Virginti Tres at the end sounds cool, but thats because Virginti Tres doesn't have any time, so it could possibly fit well over a lot of areas. For example, I tried flipping the tracks, and I thought I had something, because the "climax" of Virginti Tres lines perfectly with the loudest thunderclap in 10 000 days, but once wings pt 1 comes in over top of the second half of the song, its much the same as the reverse: certain parts coincide and sound cool, but other parts just make a big mess. I also tried aligning the endings of both songs (they are the same), but the match only lasts for a few bars, as they both ritard at different rates.

So my conclusion so far: a very interesting fluke.... though it is really curious that wings 1 and VT combine to make the same track time as 10 000 days... so there might be something there, but if there is, I dont think its been found yet.

neutron liar

Quote from: Deftonesaddict on May 19, 2006, 01:46 AM
TOOL
2006-05-13
Auditorium Theatre
Chicago, IL USA
its a torrent file. the files are .flac, can someone upload this concert in mp3 or even in FLAC please?

thanks

Quote from: neutron liar on May 19, 2006, 05:08 PM
If you can hold on a day or so, My Nero Burning program can covert most files about.  I have changed flac files to mp3 before.  It takes awhile, but it does it.

Ok, I didn't read you post 100% and found that this is a torrent file.  I don't have torrent capabilities, but if someone can extract those files, I can covert them for you.  Just lemme know.

Jacob

I tried mixing it by playing part 1 and viginti tres in winamp while playing part 2 in windows media player. some things do sound really cool. while some sound a bit messy. but it never sound wrong, like it's not supposed to be like that... my guess is that this may very well be what Tool intended. if not, it's a pretty cool coincidence either way.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Sandbox Magician

Guess what guys? Lipan Conjuring is going to be the new single

A guy from the toolshed forums made this
funny stuff :)

deftonekid

LOL. yeah funny stuff ;D

Sandbox Magician

Scratch this reply if this has been mentioned already, but I also found this on the toolshed forums... If you play Intension backwards around 0:55 and 1:00, Maynard is saying
"Work hard. Stay in School. Listen to your mother. Your father is right."
I think it's hilarious... You'd think if Tool had a hidden message it would be the opposite  :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=96JMW4KY
Ignore everything except for the whisper, and you can hear it pretty clearly.

If you want to do it yourself, download audacity(free), load the mp3 up, highlight and zoom in on 0:50 to about 1:25, and click on the reverse effect.

deftonekid

Quote from: Sandbox Magician on May 20, 2006, 04:12 AM
"Work hard. Stay in School. Listen to your mother. Your father is right."
I think it's hilarious... You'd think if Tool had a hidden message it would be the opposite  :D

yeah i think the same :D

Fireal1222

thats funny

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lithium royalty

Quote from: lithium royalty on May 14, 2006, 09:59 PM
intension

anyone read up on this song? the reversed singing was deciphered, this is what maynard is saying:

Work hard, Stay in school, Listen to your mother, your father is right son... Jesus loves
you... Work hard, Stay in school, Listen to your mother, your father is right son.

Fireal1222

tool > your guys favorite band

unless your favorite band is radiohead

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

or pink floyd

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Azwethinkweiz

emotivelotion

Paint Your Lips