Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingCrimson

Quote from: fireflyry on May 31, 2006, 10:24 PM
Quote from: KingCrimson on May 31, 2006, 12:14 PM
For New Zealanders:

APPARENTLY Tool is meant to be here in August!! my flatmate read this somewhere. And they did say they would tour aus-nz before the end of 2006. so thats some fuckin good news.

Yehaw!!!!!

Edit:We should hook up with wifeprty, get drunk and hit the stripclubs afterwards.

yeh man for sure. tequila shots are on me!!

and yeah i listened to undertow yesterday for the first time in ages. it was mint.
ill never get sick of sobre. the riff is kick ass.

Chrisbo

Quote from: fireflyry on Jun 01, 2006, 01:23 AM
Mmmmm NOLA is a fucking great album too.Have you heard EYEHATEGOD before?

Aye and aye!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Oldnewtype

If you like those two you better have checked out Acid Bath and Corrosion of Conformity too. and Crowbar. Louisiana has some great sludgy stone-metal bands.

law

never heard any EHG, even though I've known about them for years... just never got round to listening to any...

Phatboy41

Does anyone have any video of them live on their last tour?

Fireal1222

this is the tool thread.

10,000 days is fucking awesome.. all of there work is awesome

im not really a giant fan of aenema. and i know most of you guys love it.

i havent heard it in quite some time though, so ill put it on tonight and let you know what i think

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

Have a good listen, Jarad. I love Aenema. Lots of great songs on it. Hope it'll open up to you.

deftonekid

i just love lateralus extremely, the music, the art, everything!!

Fireal1222

i looked through the tool booklet this morning and finally got it to work the right way... i didnt realize you are supposed to make all the , 2 picture pages. into one picture by crossing your eyes

anyway, it looked like maynard was right there holding that glass to me. its fucking bizarre

10,000 days is fucking amazing.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Oldnewtype

hahaha good job

deftonekid

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 07, 2006, 08:36 PM
anyway, it looked like maynard was right there holding that glass to me. its fucking bizarre

10,000 days is fucking amazing.

haha so true

Jacob

the concert last night was the best fucking thing I've ever seen. Tool pwns.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Fireal1222

its good to see you enjoyed yourself. i cant imagine tool sounding bad

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jacob

nope, me neither. the sound was almost perfect. and they played really well. the only thing I noticed was that Danny started a bit early on Lateralus. and I think he might've slipped a bit in Rosetta Stoned because Justin turned around to look at him and kinda nodded to him to come back into the beat or something.

anyways, I was pleasantly surprised with both the band and the crowd. I was almost up front, a bit to the right side and saw everything perfectly. and I thought people would mosh their asses off so up close. but the crowd was really calm. they just stood there. everyone was really into the music, singing etc. but everyone stood still and, at most, did some slight headbanging. so that pretty cool, being able to stand so close to the band and seeing everying withouth worrying about the crowd.

as for the band, they seemed really into it and after the show they even stayed around to thank the audience and throw drum stick, water bottles etc at us. I really got the feeling that the loved playing for us and they seemed a lot more down to earth than I expected. a lot of people say Maynard look really bored on stage and like he's bothered by the audience standing there, but I didn't get that impression at all. sure, he keeps to the back and doesn't do much. barely talks even. but he looked like he had a good time.

anyways, here's the setlist... same as always it seems...

Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right In Two
Sober
Lateralus
---short break where the band just sat down looking at the crowd---
Vicarious
Aenema
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

lostpilot

today i had such a great event, i want to share it with you.
yesterday we were celebrating, and as always i got seriously drunk without no food. me and my friend usually drink in simple way - 0.7 l of vodka and one by one we end it by first sit. so, here we are, enjoying the whole party whatever. others from time to time went to sleep a bit but me and my friend simply stayed up all night long. and so, the party is over, we're driven home.
then because of the lack of sleep [i guess so] i started hearing voices. simply voices of the people i have been celebrating with, and even though they-re in the same car, i can see that they sit silent, i hear their voices. then in the moment i thought i fell asleep and now all i hear is a dream.. but suddenly i understood that i am awake. we get back, they let me go about 15 minutes away from home by foot, so i turn on some music and walk home [voices are still here, awful].
of course my condition is really awful, but i walk the streets until i get home and go to sleep. because i needed some sleep badly, no sleep in 48 hours and intense emotions/intense living/drinking. so, i go to sleep with my mp3 player listening to tool.. i fall asleep, sleep for some two hours and there's that bad dream with my friends whatever. and the strangest thing is that i remember that dream.. all being drunk whatever.. so.
i wake up then and i hear something beautiful on my headphones. something i haven't heard and something definately tool. and i see on the lcd that this is flood/disgustipated. and then i understand what kind of good song is that, because it simply woke me up and just.. i can't tell how it made me feel, but that feeling was very good.
and when the disgustipated started playing and i heard about all the.. holocaust.. i were so stunned by the song..
well, i hope you got what i've meant. tool forever guys, tool forever.

Chrisbo

That sounds great! Cant wait, it's only two days now! It's gonna be immense!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

fireflyry

Tool AND Deftones.

Your spoilt rotten Chrisbo.

*a little New Zealand boy waits for bands*

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Gaz

Tool tomorrow for me!, I can't wait.

ToneDef

Have fun Gaz mate. I'm seeing them the day after and I know it's gonna be something else.

Chrisbo

OK Tool last night in Glasgow, what can I say it was absolutely immense! The sound was out of this world and everything was perfect! Only one small thing, thought they might have played a little longer seeing as it was Tool and all, but then who's to complain, this was Tool I was seeing haha!

The queue outside before the doors opened seriously went right around the corner and way down to the bottom of the street and most likely round the another corner haha! The doors opened 45 minutes late, probably because there was no support band, so got in at a quarter to 8! Just got a little spot close to the front, maybe 3 or 4 rows back! The band didnt come on until ten past 9, so it was quite a long wait but it was well worth it! They just straight opened with Rosetta Stoned and the sound was so good! Maynard was looking pretty normal for once haha! And his voice was excellent! And like aenemic was saying, the band looked like they were really enjoying the gig, but the biggest surprise was that Maynard even spoke to the crowd quite a few times - "We've got a new album out, 10,000 Days...it's selling pretty well in Belgium....which is good news....I suppose! There was one point where he actually stepped forward and got the crowd all riled up by saying "You dont sound very entused....can I get an AMEN!....can I get a HALLELUJAH!...can I get a JESUS FRICKING CHRIST! and then they played a small extended intro to Right In Two (my highlight of the night)!

Danny is a fucking tank too I've realised haha! He came out to the front after Lateralus in his Lakers vest/top thing and chucked some sticks out to the crowd (someone on the balcony caught a pair but clumsily dropped them to the crowds amusement). In fact in the middle of one of the songs he actually chucked a drum stick out as well, everyone was like where the fuck did that come from haha! His drum playing is just amazing! That little rythm he has in the middle of 'Lateralus' fucks with my mind so much! They're all amazing musicians, and I never had any doubt about it, but seeing it in the flesh/live is just something else! And just before they finished with 'Ænema' Maynard says to the crowd 'See you soon' - I hope that's a promise!

The setlist was as follows:

Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right In Two (with extended intro, which included bits of Intension)
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious (with extended intro, which included bits of 10,000 Days)
Aenema

Oh, and something else, before Tool came on some people in front of me started a 'Mon The Biffy' chant and I was all like 'WTF?' Then I looked up and saw Simon Niel from Biffy Clyro was on the balcony hehe!

Oh my god, I cant believe I almost forgot to mention this as well! Got to meet Justin outside the back of the venue (where I met Stef the other night) and got a signed ticket by the man! That was great, just told him how the set was amazing and he was all appreciative! Unfortunately no pictures with him (and no pics live, it's Tool, do they ever allow cameras?) but here's my signed ticket (he signed it upside down haha)

Apparently Maynard came out later as well, but we had to run to catch the last goddamn bus back! Oh well, 2 of my top 3 gigs in 3 days, I'm overwhelmed haha!