Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

Sounds really good mate. Hyping me up even more. Well done getting your ticket signed and all.

Chrisbo

Quote from: ToneDef on Jun 13, 2006, 12:10 AM
Sounds really good mate. Hyping me up even more. Well done getting your ticket signed and all.

Haha thanks dude, guess after meeting Stef there the other day, we knew where to wait, but it seemed like Justin was out not long after we got out the venue! Twas awesome! I'm probably gonna remember more stuff as time goes by haha! Dude the gig is gonna be awesome no doubts! Just dont bother bringing any form of camera or that, it'll get taken off you! Oh and even if you have a phone with camera or audio recorder the security will tell you to put it away! Just makes you enjoy the gig more without having to worry about pictures and such!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Gaz

Nice one Chris, it's cool that Justin was out the back like Stef was, hopefully I can try and catch a glimpse of some band members hanging out tomorrow night.

Fireal1222

id rather meet stef than justin. justin seems like he would somehow brainwash me during the conversation, and id end up having terrible nightmares for weeks

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Chrisbo

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 13, 2006, 06:00 AM
id rather meet stef than justin. justin seems like he would somehow brainwash me during the conversation, and id end up having terrible nightmares for weeks

Haha, nah he was cool, there was no brainwashing (at least I think not, how would I know haha)! He wasnt really speaking much, he just signed the tickets and said 'Thank you' to all the kind comments and that, which is cool! I think I know what you mean though, Stef just seems like a nice easy going guy who'll talk any kind of bullshit with you haha!

Hope you have a good time tonight Gaz, and watch out for Maynards spikey mohican/mohawk (I forget which one is which) haha! And yeah, you too Trav, you have a good one tomorrow as well man!  :)

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Bayle

Seems like you had a cool time!!
Wouldn't believe you if you said otherwise, haha

I had an amazing time at pinkpop with tool. I couldn't get tickets for the concert they give in holland, but at least i saw them.
Yes, I can imagine

Chrisbo

Quote from: Bayle on Jun 13, 2006, 05:59 PM
Seems like you had a cool time!!
Wouldn't believe you if you said otherwise, haha

Haha yeah, damn straight dude! :)

moi

hey has anyone a live version of the patient thanks

Infector

Man chrisbo, that sounds wicked, though i don't think tool would ever come to NZ...

Chrisbo

Quote from: Infector on Jun 14, 2006, 12:32 AM
Man chrisbo, that sounds wicked, though i don't think tool would ever come to NZ...

All I can say is I've got my fingers crossed for you guys! It was out of this world, and the more that see, the more that will agree haha!

reimdaheim

i saw them at rock im park festival. it was one of the best concerts i have ever seen. the sound was amazing. the only bad thing was that only the video screen behind maynard worked. the other three on the stage didn't work..
does anybody know if they will come back to europe in autumn / winter?

Gaz

Just got back home from London, Tool were immense, fucking immense. The setlist was the same as Glasgow, but it was a really amazing show, the stage set up was fantastic, and it was LOUD and I mean LOUD!, the bass felt like it was gonna crush my rib cage it was that heavy!, I recorded Jambi in full on my phone, I'll stick it on youtube later, Maynard also cracked the "We have a new album out, I heard it's doing great in Belgium...so thats good to know" line.

All in all it was well worth the trip up to London!

Fireal1222

i cant imagine seeing tool play all of 10,000 days live, that would be too much to handle

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 14, 2006, 09:31 PM
i cant imagine seeing tool play all of 10,000 days live, that would be too much to handle
My pants would be so sticky ...

Gaz

Jambi sounded sooooo fucking good, it's one of my fav's from 10,000 days

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Jun 14, 2006, 10:24 PM
Loving the riff so much ... It's just like, "niiiiiice ..." Haha.

Fireal1222

thats one of my favorite tool songs, period.. vicarious is pretty awesome as well.

10,000 days was well worth the wait, and much different than what i was expecting.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

333tone

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 15, 2006, 02:02 AM

thats one of my favorite tool songs, period.. vicarious is pretty awesome as well.

10,000 days was well worth the wait, and much different than what i was expecting.
totally agree man! bad thing with 10,000 days is that people regard it with the "previous album" synrom. a lot of people probably wanted them to make a new lateralus, and of course, tool didn't give a fuck and made another masterpiece

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Fireal1222

maynards lyrics are a complete departure from what we have been used to

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

KingCrimson

Quote from: Infector on Jun 14, 2006, 12:32 AM

theyr APPARENTLY here in august sometime. dont quote me on that tho.. its just a rumour.
and anyway theyll be here sometime, they like it here. something about the wide open spaces.