Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

ToneDef

Okkkkk, I only got up a little while ago so I'll just post some stuff about last night.

Great set, sounded awesome. Maynard was outstanding and looked the fucking man 'strutting his stuff'. Same kind of setlist as Chrisbos show. I missed the first couple songs cause we had some bad fucking luck with trains and stuff. I think they said something about coming back in November.

The whole thing was kind of a blur. Felt like it lasted 20 mins. After the show we ended up missing our last train home (even more bad luck with fucking trains) so just stayed in London over night walking about and doing a bit of sight seeing.

Fireal1222

Quote from: ToneDef on Jun 15, 2006, 11:05 PM
Okkkkk, I only got up a little while ago so I'll just post some stuff about last night.

Great set, sounded awesome. Maynard was outstanding and looked the fucking man 'strutting his stuff'. Same kind of setlist as Chrisbos show. I missed the first couple songs cause we had some bad fucking luck with trains and stuff. I think they said something about coming back in November.

The whole thing was kind of a blur. Felt like it lasted 20 mins. After the show we ended up missing our last train home (even more bad luck with fucking trains) so just stayed in London over night walking about and doing a bit of sight seeing.

id have been pissed if there was no weed

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ToneDef

I didn't take any weed with me, but all through the show all I could smell were different strains of reef being smoked and it was a nightmare. A couple J's would have been real good. Especially with the crazy effects on the screens.

I did see some guy tripping on acid though. His mates were trying to help him and he was trying to climb the walls and shit. Crazy. The last place I would take mind altering drugs would be in a crowded, hot room.

KingCrimson

Quote from: ToneDef on Jun 16, 2006, 07:42 PM
The last place I would take mind altering drugs would be in a crowded, hot room.

fuck yeah man, especially acid.

lostpilot

hey, could anyone please post the 10000 days synch?

Fireal1222

Quote from: ToneDef on Jun 16, 2006, 07:42 PM
I didn't take any weed with me, but all through the show all I could smell were different strains of reef being smoked and it was a nightmare. A couple J's would have been real good. Especially with the crazy effects on the screens.

I did see some guy tripping on acid though. His mates were trying to help him and he was trying to climb the walls and shit. Crazy. The last place I would take mind altering drugs would be in a crowded, hot room.

yeah man, thats totally retarded

id only take it before school

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Oldnewtype

i used to have a friend that could not write her name in school if she wasn't tripping

Moz La Punk

Apparently Tool did it again (after the Lateralus puzzle): - sorry if old -

> I didn't know if you people knew this. But, If you burn both Viginti Tres followed by Wings for
> marie .. Then, play that track as one with 10,000 days as another track and play both at the
> same time, Both Wings for Marie AND 10,000 days sync ! It is incredible ! It is like an 8
> piece band but it all FLOWS ! It flows like one song.. It is the most unique and incredible
> thing I have ever heard in my life.. BadA$$ ! The vocals, drums, the guitar riffs, everything
> flows ! Both songs get heavy at the same point at 9 minutes and 14 seconds in, it is magical !

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F8DCA5526E75ECEF

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Fireal1222

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Jun 20, 2006, 09:17 PM

> I didn't know if you people knew this. But, If you burn both Viginti Tres followed by Wings for
> marie .. Then, play that track as one with 10,000 days as another track and play both at the
> same time, Both Wings for Marie AND 10,000 days sync ! It is incredible ! It is like an 8
> piece band but it all FLOWS ! It flows like one song.. It is the most unique and incredible
> thing I have ever heard in my life.. BadA$$ ! The vocals, drums, the guitar riffs, everything
> flows ! Both songs get heavy at the same point at 9 minutes and 14 seconds in, it is magical !

intention backwards has maynard saying. "stay in school, listen to your parents, your father is right. jesus loves you"

bizarre

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Oldnewtype

i think they had alot more fun with this album than the last

Gaz

Tool did an interview for Radio 1 last night, you can listen to the show again an here the interview here http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/rockshow/ just click on Listen Again, it's only available for the next 7 days.

Chrisbo

Just thought I'd put this here as well, if anyone's interested, has a review of Tool from Download festival

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

lostcancer

i was reading the article started with Coheed , then deftones and as soon as i read the word tool , Jambi starts on my mp3 player....  :D

Fireal1222

Quote from: lostcancer on Jun 22, 2006, 01:01 AM
i was reading the article started with Coheed , then deftones and as soon as i read the word tool , Jambi starts on my mp3 player....  :D

youd be gay if your mp3 player played coheed and cambria when you read their name

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

reimdaheim

i uploaded stinkfist and the pot videos from novarock festival in austria for you.
the quality is decent (best videos i have seen so far from this tour).
here you go

tarkil

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Jun 20, 2006, 09:17 PM

OK, it's not old for me, and Tool seems to have already done things like that ? What other "tips" can you give me, cause I'm pretty interested...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Oldnewtype

i think hes talking about the gay alternate tracklist rumors