Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jul 01, 2006, 04:31 PM
Reflection is the best track on Lateralus, hands down.

yeah i love that track, its so dark and maynards lyrics are brilliant

the song lateralus is pretty fucking awesome, u must admit

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jacob

Reflection has always been my favorite too. but you have to listen to Disposition first for full effect. my cd got a bit scrathed though, so exactly at my favorite part in Reflection it usually skips a bit. fucking annoying...

Lateralus and Ticks & Leeches are awesome songs too and I've spent many hours trying to figure out and play the drums to those.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Fireal1222

Quote from: aenemic on Jul 01, 2006, 05:41 PM

Reflection has always been my favorite too. but you have to listen to Disposition first for full effect. my cd got a bit scrathed though, so exactly at my favorite part in Reflection it usually skips a bit. fucking annoying...

Lateralus and Ticks & Leeches are awesome songs too and I've spent many hours trying to figure out and play the drums to those.

yeah, my cd player always skips during my fav tracks as well. on all my cds

the drumming in ticks and leeches is the best on the album.

are tool still heavy into drugs? they still have that creepy aura about them that bands have when they are into heroin

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

deftool

I smoked a joint with Justin when they came to Auckland touring Aenima, he was sayin then that the rest of them are only occasional users of anthing bar alcohol, Danny Carey is a full on piss head though, and Lateralus on Vinyl is the shiznit the anolog sound captures the energy so damn well, anyone who hasn't experienced the greats on vinyl is missing out something hectic!
Lateralus is tools best album 4 me just and faaip de ooid or what ever, The Voice Of God, that gets a little annoying.... why do tool put those in to there albums i wonder? oh well Ticks and Leeches is fucking amazing drums i think Danny's best.

Chrisbo

Danny's a fucking tank...oh and an absolute legend as well! His rhythms fuck with my mind so fucking much, especially in Lateralus the song, in the middle section...blows my mind. Tool are just fucking special plain and simple!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Paint Your Lips

Saw Tool saturday night on Roskilde Festival ! Fucking amazing !

Setlist:
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi (when he started playing the riff i nearly creamed in my pants)
Schism (!)
Rosetta Stoned (!)
Sober
Opiate
Lateralus (!)
Vicarious
Ænema (!)

Easily the best show i've seen. It was just ... Amzing as hell. I can't describe it. Maynard was in a good move, joking, running around a bit, doing this little weird dance. And Danny was amazing as always. That guy is insane.

The concert gets 6 out of 6 Lips !

Jacob

I don't get how bands don't get sick of playing almost the exact same setlist night after night after night.... in my opinion, one of the most interesting things with being in a band is to see what kind of setlists you can do every time you have a gig.

Fireal1222

Quote from: aenemic on Jul 03, 2006, 01:42 PM
I don't get how bands don't get sick of playing almost the exact same setlist night after night after night.... in my opinion, one of the most interesting things with being in a band is to see what kind of setlists you can do every time you have a gig.

yes man, exactly. i think about that all the time

cause, when i hear the same song a few days straight i tend to get tired of it, imagine having to look and act enthused for months straight

oh, i never realized how awesome the lyrics are in schism

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

godin

whats the best song off of 10 000 Days.
I heard some mixed reviews and I dont know If I wanna buy it
Dingus.

Fireal1222

Quote from: godin on Jul 04, 2006, 01:27 AM

honestly. its the most amazing thing ever... buy it

the artwork is totally worth the buy

just buy the album, and listen to the whole thing

the first time i heard it, i was like. uhm what

then it hit me a few days later

i just listened to the album, its so fucking awesome, please buy it GODIN

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ToneDef

Rosetta Stoned will probably cause you to ejaculate.

kpax

10000 days is such a cool album. luv it!

law

Tool at download:

lostpilot

Chrisbo

Nice picture you got there dude! If I took a picture from that far away with my camera, the band would just look like little blobs of colour haha!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Fireal1222

Quote from: ToneDef on Jul 04, 2006, 07:42 AM

Rosetta Stoned will probably cause you to ejaculate.

i listened to 10,000 days yesterday for my first time while being really drunk.. and when i closed my eyes with rosetta stoned on, it made everything start spinning. no other song did that.

my fav. song on 10,000 days all of them... the entire album is just so great. the last song i never listen to though

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

Rosetta Stoned was without a doubt the coolest song when i saw them live ! I was high and when he started doing to first bit of vocals, it sounded fucking awesome !!! It went fast as hell !

Chrisbo

Personally for me when it came to the new songs live, Jambi was the one that totally hit the spot for me. Right In Two sounded fucking ace too!

Jacob

Rosetta Stoned, Jambi and Lateralus did it for me live.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: aenemic on Jul 06, 2006, 01:08 PM
Rosetta Stoned, Jambi and Lateralus did it for me live.
Same here, man. I'll just Add Vicarious and Schism. :)