Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

I might help but I need some more information...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Oldnewtype

well, i went to soulseek's site and went through the very easy port fowarding guide, like i did when i had a router in here (we were being used as a gateway for some people down the street but that got scrapped, so there was no need for a router anymore), they offern every way to do it with every router you can think of but no answers if you're just running a network cable straight t your comp from the wireless reciever.

I think I'm just gonna get my isp to help, since i see them at least once a week anyway. Except one guy's wife just blew her brains out sunday, the day after we hung out with her and took her gun she snuck back in the house while we were gone, stole it, and waited for him to get out of the shower then BOOM right in his fucking face. Sounded pretty horendous.

and i know there was no need to tell that story at all but i felt like it.

tarkil

go there : http://gabbly.com/http://www.sharinglungs.com and I'll see how I can help...

;)

Jizzlobber

Is this true about the New tooL album?

"the title 10,000 days refers directly to Maynard J keenans mother, who in the 80's became paralysed, and lived exactly for 10,000 days as a cripple before passing' ?
<

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Jul 10, 2006, 02:33 PM

"the title 10,000 days refers directly to Maynard J keenans mother, who in the 80's became paralysed, and lived exactly for 10,000 days as a cripple before passing' ?

yup.

Jizzlobber

wow, i was debating with some friends about it. i had no idea what it may have refered to until finding it out. i thought it was 10,000 days left on earth or something.

thats what the line "10,000 days in the fire is long enough, you're going home"  probly refers too, her passing.
<

punkmofugger

here's a nice bootleg from Amsterdam:
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=R3IUWY0D
;)

Crazylegs

It's amazing how seeing someone live can change your whole look on a band. I've never loved tool this much.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jul 10, 2006, 04:02 PM
It's amazing how seeing someone live can change your whole look on a band. I've never loved tool this much.
Def. man. Saw them two weeks ago, and i just fell in love with them like never before.

Oldnewtype

Thats close, except for that Maynard said it was APPROXIMATELY 10,000 days, not exactly.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jul 10, 2006, 06:28 PM

Thats close, except for that Maynard said it was APPROXIMATELY 10,000 days, not exactly.

i never heard much shit about the new album from the band, just little interviews here and there, but i don't remember the album title being discussed...

anywho, yeah that's right it was 27 years or something like that which is about 10,000 days, and '10,000 days in the fire is long enough' makes it damn obvious that the "fire" would be her being paralyzed, that is, if the album title has anything to do with his mom. never know with tool, it could be total bullshit, maybe the days until they release the vicarious video, how much days in a row they jacked off, or how long maynards mom was paralyzed. who knows for sure, even if they say something it could be a lie
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

deftoolsys07

oh and i just ran into this video interview with maynard and adam about the vicarious video and shit

maynard is getting pissed at the reporter saying to chill out and shit and be patient, and that it's only a video, and "not a cure for ecsema"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtjDlEA9ejs
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Jacob

damn, I feel sorry for that girl.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: aenemic on Jul 10, 2006, 08:56 PM
damn, I feel sorry for that girl.
They didn't seem that harsh to me.

Fireal1222

i wish there was a cure for ecsema, my foot is itchy as fuck

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

y are they always such assholes. danny is always nice it seems, everyone else are pricks

especially maynard

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

tarkil

I tend to disagree. I was a bit disappointed when seeing them live... They were juet too perfect, it was too impersonal for me ! I mean, look at a deftones show : nearly every show is different from another one. But every tool show looks just the same. Everything is too calculated, too clean. I was disappointed. It was still a fucking hugely solid show, but I was disappointed... :-\

lithium royalty

haha, you need to chill

Chrisbo

I would agree with that.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Fireal1222

Quote from: tarkil on Jul 10, 2006, 10:57 PM

I tend to disagree. I was a bit disappointed when seeing them live... They were juet too perfect, it was too impersonal for me ! I mean, look at a deftones show : nearly every show is different from another one. But every tool show looks just the same. Everything is too calculated, too clean. I was disappointed. It was still a fucking hugely solid show, but I was disappointed... :-\

i know exactly what you mean

being there and hearing them live must be amazing

but they always have the same setlist, and they even move around the same on stage

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.