Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jul 10, 2006, 04:02 PM
It's amazing how seeing someone live can change your whole look on a band. I've never loved tool this much.

Definately. 10,000 Days kind of came to life after I saw them. Gave it even more personality. Cemented how great that record is.

fireflyry

The first time I ever took LSD was also the first time I saw Tool play live.

They opened with Third Eye.

Nuff said.

Oh as a tangent theres a recent Tool gig here:

http://www.regnyouth.com/?p=2084#more-2084

Track List:

1. Stinkfist
  2. The Pot
  3. Forty Six & Two
  4. Jambi
  5. Schism
  6. Sober
  7. Lateralus
  8. Vicarious
  9. Ænema

Actually ignore that, the quality is poo.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Crazylegs

Quote from: ToneDef on Jul 11, 2006, 10:14 AM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Jul 10, 2006, 04:02 PM
It's amazing how seeing someone live can change your whole look on a band. I've never loved tool this much.

Definately. 10,000 Days kind of came to life after I saw them. Gave it even more personality. Cemented how great that record is.

indeed. The only thing that bothers me is that they didn't play third eye.

InSpiteIllStillLie

I have yet to see Tool live and it disappoints me immensely! But the last time they played Ireland I was 12 haha...
You move like I want to
To see like your eyes do

Phoenix

I finally decided to buy myself Lateralus and I saw that I have a version with the song Lateralus (yes lateral_U_s). I always thought it was Lateralis. My friend's copy has Lateralis.

is there any story behind this or is it just a "mistake" or just a re-edition with a useless change of name?
Listen to my music at

Oldnewtype

maaaan, i wish my first trip would have been at a tool concert...

instead it included beating a gamecube with a bat and frantically feeding a fire while dancing to Fantomas

Oldnewtype

and Phoenix, yes, the first copies made had been misprinted "lateralis"

Fireal1222

if my first trip was at a tool show id probably die. but have the craziest night ever

my first trip led me and my friends to the woods, where we shared a pipe. and then we found giant town. where the stop signs and homes were enormous. fun day

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

at one point in that trip, back at my friends house. i remember us all laughing hysterically at something. and when i stopped laughing, i felt like i had to laugh, almost like i couldnt breathe unless i laughed.. we laughed for a long long time

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

alvarezbassist17

this one's really tight, everybody talks a lot, some more than others of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21CMr6m1BxE&search=tool%20interview

Crazylegs

great interview

lithium royalty

the only thing that justin says is "the weather is great"

Fireal1222

tool is so emo

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Oldnewtype

Quote from: fireflyry on Jul 11, 2006, 10:20 AM
The first time I ever took LSD was also the first time I saw Tool play live.

They opened with Third Eye.

Nuff said.

Oh as a tangent theres a recent Tool gig here:

http://www.regnyouth.com/?p=2084#more-2084

Track List:

1. Stinkfist
  2. The Pot
  3. Forty Six & Two
  4. Jambi
  5. Schism
  6. Sober
  7. Lateralus
  8. Vicarious
  9. Ænema

Actually ignore that, the quality is poo.

Is that the normal setlist? I just noticed that every single one of those is a radio single except for Jambi.

deftoolsys07

well yeah that's the setlist for now, with the exception of lost keys + rosetta stoned. it'll be different here in a little bit when they do this next tour. (more songs added to all of those probably)

they sold out long before i ever even heard their name. sould their souls to make a record...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Jizzlobber

anyone know the story behind that Lipan chant thing? track 6 on 10k days. sounds pretty cool.

*edit* those guys seemed like they were on some drugs in that interview, not that im surprised or anything, maybe they just happed to be on drugs and an interview got positioned in their trip like an unstoppable force, thats the impression i get from looking at Justin Chancellor
<

Fireal1222

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Jul 19, 2006, 12:33 PM
anyone know the story behind that Lipan chant thing? track 6 on 10k days. sounds pretty cool.

*edit* those guys seemed like they were on some drugs in that interview, not that im surprised or anything, maybe they just happed to be on drugs and an interview got positioned in their trip like an unstoppable force, thats the impression i get from looking at Justin Chancellor

i believe they went for a long period of time eating mushrooms every day

and they were heavy into drugs when they were younger, like heroine

hence the album title, undertow

i didnt watch that interview yet, i will now. but it might be the interview i have where it shows maynards giving interviews throughout the years. and the one from back in the day. hes so fuckign scary looking, he has a strange black hat on, and he just looks really pale and sad\scary.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

JMac

Quote from: fireflyry on Jul 08, 2006, 09:13 AM
As for the new album I highly doubt it will be out in less than 3 years.
I agree with that, I mean, it's not like we have to wait for Maynard to do APC anymore, but it is still Tool, and who knows, maybe Maynard wants to go work on the Puscifier album, so we might have to wait for him to do that.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: JMac on Jul 20, 2006, 01:58 PM
Quote from: fireflyry on Jul 08, 2006, 09:13 AM
As for the new album I highly doubt it will be out in less than 3 years.
I agree with that, I mean, it's not like we have to wait for Maynard to do APC anymore, but it is still Tool, and who knows, maybe Maynard wants to go work on the Puscifier album, so we might have to wait for him to do that.

yeah that sucks about apc... such a good band...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Fireal1222

apc split?

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.