Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

Quote from: Ænigma on Aug 24, 2006, 12:39 AM
hopefully I can get their autograph or something.

Well good luck for that, cause they seem to be pretty inaccessible for that kind of matters !

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

deathblow

the show was fucking AMAZING, the whole band aced EVERYTHING. maynard sounded better than he does on record, i wasnt expecting much from him cuz of what ive seen and heard on bootlegs, but holyfuck did he blow my mind, didnt miss a single note or anything. my mind is still blown and i watched the show completely sober.

Chrisbo

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 24, 2006, 09:49 AM
Quote from: Ænigma on Aug 24, 2006, 12:39 AM
hopefully I can get their autograph or something.

Well good luck for that, cause they seem to be pretty inaccessible for that kind of matters !

That's what I was thinking, then I got this

Then again, meeting Justin was just a stroke of luck, right place at the right time. Fucking Maynard came out later as well, after I had to leave for the last bus home, which is a bit gutting. Imagine meeting Maynard!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

tarkil

Lucky bitch... Yeah, meeting maynard must be pretty weird...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Jizzlobber

^yeah, i was told he's is rrrrrrrrrrrrrreally fucking short.
<

Crazylegs

doesn't look to tall.

law

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 25, 2006, 05:37 PM

yeah, he'll probably get you in a head lock or something lol

Oldnewtype

meeting maynard is always a letdown from what i hear.

neurotic

I went to their gig in Bologna few months ago in it was amazing....
They're one of the most perfect bands around.
...never trust the obvious...

Oldnewtype

not if perfect is a skinned knee

deathblow

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Aug 27, 2006, 06:49 PM
not if perfect is a skinned knee

ohhhh snaaap , busts out the patton lyrics.

deathblow

Quote from: neurotic on Aug 27, 2006, 04:30 PM
I went to their gig in Bologna few months ago in it was amazing....
They're one of the most perfect bands around.
Tool is fucking flawless. they ARE the most perfect band around. league of extraordinary gentlemen.

devilinside

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 25, 2006, 05:37 PM

he scares me

:-\

fireflyry

I met him when he played here.

Strange dude indeed, at the time he had just done an interview with a local mag and had really let loose at the corporate music industry and musicians riding the corporate band wagon which was classic and eliquent Maynard but when we met him he was dressed in a suit and pretty much fobbed off ten or more fans because he had to meet with a room full of corporates and one of my mates told him he was a hypocrit and full of shit for being so rude to his fans.

We got kicked out by security.

On a lighter note Danny was fucking rad and really friendly as was Adam Jones although he was slightly more shy.

And yes...Maynard is a midgit.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Sleep

Haha, what an arrogant prick, however, such talented musicians.  A friend of mine met Danny too and said he was totally awesome.  I guess Maynard's ego is trying to compensate for something...

I really don't like Maynard as a person, like the way he treats his fans is just warped, but I really respect him as a musician.  I suppose I can like a person's talents without liking them as people.   ::)  BTW, Tool was amazing to see live, but we already knew that.

neurotic

I was hypnotized by Danny.. That guy just really knows how to play drums.. :D
...never trust the obvious...

Chrisbo

Quote from: deathblow on Aug 25, 2006, 07:01 AM
the show was fucking AMAZING, the whole band aced EVERYTHING. maynard sounded better than he does on record, i wasnt expecting much from him cuz of what ive seen and heard on bootlegs, but holyfuck did he blow my mind, didnt miss a single note or anything. my mind is still blown and i watched the show completely sober.

Can you remember what the setlist was dude? Also how long do you reckon they played for? Just curious, as I'm wondering whether they'll play the same setlist when they come to Europe.

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Crazylegs

Quote from: neurotic on Aug 29, 2006, 08:46 PM
I was hypnotized by Danny.. That guy just really knows how to play drums.. :D

that's no lie.

deathblow

Quote from: Chrisbo on Aug 30, 2006, 05:02 PM
Quote from: deathblow on Aug 25, 2006, 07:01 AM

Can you remember what the setlist was dude? Also how long do you reckon they played for? Just curious, as I'm wondering whether they'll play the same setlist when they come to Europe.

ya bro..  ill give you the exact!

1. Stinkfist
2. The Pot
3. 46 and 2
4. Jambi
5. Schism
6. LostKeys/Rosetta Stoned
7. Right in two
8. Sober
9. Lateralus
then they sat on stage and just looked at the crowd and the noises were ear piercing, then maynard sais.... "Fine..... whatever...." 
ENCORE.
10. Vicarious
11. Aenema.

some funny comments made by Maynard.  like hows the canadian dollar? still spanking ours?   ,  then...   careful guys... we're all going to be moving up here soon, or attempting to buy it....  we need oil!!!!

Chrisbo

Alright, thanks man! Hmmm, that's the same set I saw earlier this year, except swapped around a bit. Hopefully they play more variety when they come back.