Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bewareofrats

Quote from: Tempest2012 on Oct 10, 2012, 09:33 AM
Quote from: bewareofrats on Oct 10, 2012, 03:34 AM
I just wanted to drop by and state: Tool a sucks.
How?
Their music is nowhere near as good as many make it out to be (with tons of useless garbage) and I never cared for Maynard although I listen to and enjoy some of APC's music once in a blue moon.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

the deft ones

Quote from: bewareofrats on Oct 10, 2012, 09:02 PM
How?
Their music is nowhere near as good as many make it out to be (with tons of useless garbage) and I never cared for Maynard although I listen to and enjoy some of APC's music once in a blue moon.

And yet Big Wreck are great?
I know you're trying to get your post count up, mate - but please consider: quality over quantity

bewareofrats

Duh, I'm not trying to get my post count up.  I've been here for a few years.  What makes you think that?

And yeah, BW has better music to me.  I can't believe it's like this whole forum hates the band that seems well regarded elsewhere.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

NightTimeCavity

Listening to 10,000 Days again. It's incredible.

I really hope Tool is making music right now. It's been a good fucking while since their last album. Not trying to be demanding or impatient, but shit. Either they're really taking their time, or they just haven't been very focused on the band. I'm thinking it's the latter.

Jacob

Quote from: bewareofrats on Oct 10, 2012, 09:02 PM
How?

here we go again with the stating opinion as fact. some people obviously think their music is just that good, or they wouldn't be such a cult band. I realize they're not for everyone, but you don't just go and piss on such an intriguing and unique band. they do something no one else can do, so why not just respect them for that and accept that some people pretty much worship them? there are far worse bands out there.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

DJR

Quote from: NightTimeCavity on Oct 21, 2012, 01:53 AM
Listening to 10,000 Days again. It's incredible.

Word

DaniknifeParty Ænema

He had a lot to say...
He had a lot of nothing to say.

Hidalgo

i like hearing tool songs every so often, but for the most part i don't care about them. i only like to throw in a tool album maybe once every 5 or 6 years. i'm really glad i'm not a diehard fan, having to wait 7-8 years for a new album. that would really suck. to me it's not a big deal in the least, & if they never made another album i'd be fine with it. i think the first apc album is better than any tool album, just my opinion. i like how tool sounded on opiate the best, when they made shorter, more punk-ish kinda tunes

Crazylegs

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 10, 2013, 03:38 PM
i think the first apc album is better than any tool album, just my opinion.

To each his own i guess. I don't think they'll ever top Ænima or Lateralus, but i'm curious to hear some new stuff. APC is great too, but unlike Tool they haven't exactly left a huge impact. In my opinion Lateralus is one of the greatest albums ever recorded. I can't think of any modern rock releases i would put higher.

normsteez

May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

normsteez

May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

DeftonesNZ

That's awesome, sometimes it sounded string buzzy but it's still amazing he must have a super strong fretting hand all the notes were so clear.

black coffee

Having this on repeat for the last hour. Awesome style of guitar playing!!

DeftonesNZ

It's really amazing but not good for the ego lol this guys a freak I watched it alot , watched some of his other videos aswell and he doesn't really sing well I'm just glad he's not good at something he makes me embarassed of my guitar playing haha I think I'll just keep playing in the shadows.

DJR

Are they still being silly and just doing/done Australia? Or are they actually planning to travel the rest of the globe?

people are people

TOOL They're the ultimate hybrid of the two most nerdy and worthless styles of music: heavy metal and progressive rock.

They barely manage to walk the fine line between complimenting the listener's intelligence and insulting it.

They're responsible for introducing a level of hilarious faux-satanic mysticism to pop music that we haven't been heard since Hotel California by the Eagles.

Their crimes against humanity have not gone unpunished, though; they're forever cursed to have an unbearable fanbase, terrible haircuts, and videos so gloomy that they verge on hilarious.

If you're a Tool fan and disagree with my summary, feel free to keep your worthless trap shut for once in your whining, self-involved life.

I bet their hardcore fans are like them and promotes the same satanic views, editing "music videos" with secret satanic meanings,

Use their knowledge in the occult and mix them up with tactics like selling female sex,then the typical videos killing girls only to promote a New World Order, 

They worship Lucifer and generally this assholes act like they are good people and they tell you 1000 truths to sell you one lie,THE DEVIL, They really want put the devil inside you,

These satanic people without soul want to make you believe in things without you noticing, look up MK ULTRA, these sick bastards don't have a heart, JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY!

See with your eyes their agenda, some blessed soul, exposes TOOL

WAKEUP 35:Tool Carey's father Mason,Crowley,Sacred Geometry Puscifer,New Age

Tool Fucking sucks

TOP 10 REASONS WHY TOOL SUCKS

Puscifer have set an Aug. 27 release date for All Re-Mixed Up, a star-studded track-for-track remix album of the band's sophomore release Conditions of My Parole.

"All Re-Mixed Up is the continuation of the Puscifer tradition to release alternate versions, reworks, and remixes of what we consider initial thoughts," explains frontman and band nucleus Maynard James Keenan.  "For instance, Carina Round was nervous about how to approach her version of 'Telling Ghosts.' Mat Mitchell put her at ease by asking her to think of it as a song half written, advising her to 'now write the other half.' It's extremely liberating in the digital age to approach composing and creating in this manner. Infinite paths to explore, reinterpret, and re-present."

All Re-Mixed Up track listing and remixers:

1. Monsters (Deconstruct) remixed by Mat Mitchell

2. The Green Valley (Verde River Maestro 507 mix) remixed by Rani Sharone   (Stolen Babies)

3. Monsoons (JLE Motorik mix) remixed by Josh Eustis

4. Telling Ghosts (Giorgia O'Queef mix) remixed by Carina Round

5. Horizons (Dream of a Lie remix) by John Fryer (This Mortal Coil)

6. Man Overboard (11AD remix) by Alain Johannes

7. Toma (Burn Out remix) by Five Knives

8. The Rapture (JLE Needs Service mix) by Josh Eustis

9. Conditions of My Parole (F.U.B.A.R. remix) by Sir Mix-A-Lot

10. The Weaver (Virtual Vacuum remix) by Aaron Harris (PALMS)

11. Oceans (Green Mussel Mix) by Zac Rae

12. Tumbleweed (Delusions of Grandeur mix) by The Beta Machine

;D

Jacob

^ And that is exactly why they do what they do, to make stupid people embarass themselves.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

DeftonesNZ

Haha I love the desperation to find evidence in that first video, to be honest they could come out and blatantly say they worship satan and it wouldn't matter to me the musics still good and it holds no weight to me ,all that god/satan heaven/hell stuff is as real as mickey mouse  in my eyes .