Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mixed Martial Arts Thread (UFC/Pride)

Started by lostcancer, Nov 21, 2005, 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralIllNoise

Quote from: "DefCubus"Riggs shouldnt even be on there, he only has 1 victory at Welterweight. Diaz should be on there.

i really don't like nick diaz, and riggs hasn't been down as a welterweight very long. i see riggs as having more potential. he's only 23, probably the hardest hitter in the weight class, and if he gets tapped out again that quick he will learn some ground game

DefCubus

Hmm I dont think hes the hardest hitter, people seem to believe that because he used to be a heavyweight, he still has all that power. He himself has said that he isnt that strong, he just has explosive power.
Diaz is 22, he has great jiu jitsu and his striking is really good too. Did you watch his fight against Sanchez? Wow, great display of ground game and jiu jitsu.

Diaz definitely has more potential in my eyes and if there is a tournament, he should definitely be a contender.

]

DarkHorse

I'm still trying to get a hold of Nick Diaz vs Robbie Lawler, it was an exciting fight and I want to see it again.

lostcancer

Send it to me compa

cheachea

One thing I notice about UFC and pride fighting is, even the guy that looses in a match is really tuff and can pound a regular person into the ground :D  It takes heart and skill just to even compete in those matches. I'd never want to fight those guys, they would destroy me.
Poyt Chops

Gaz

DefCubus

UFC Beyond The Glory
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=16MDYKZI4WC1P1U87PFDD3CQS0

This was on FSN a few months back. Its kind of a documentary on how the UFC started out as a no rules competition, almost got shut down, and has turned into a regulated sport.

It also follows Rich Franklin on his career leading up to winning the Middleweight belt. :)

]

DarkHorse

Beyond the glory was really good, I have it on vhs!

I didn't upload this but

Best of UFC 45
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=37YLOEAE

CentralIllNoise

I've never seen the Beyond the Glory thing...i'm gonna check it out

CentralIllNoise

If anyone has the Rings: King of Kings tourneys could you please post them, or let me know where i can download them

DarkHorse

^not sure where you could get that

I was browsing cgtalk and noticed a thread called Character WIP: Ultimate Fighter so I checked it out and man it's awesome! see for yourself.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=264241&page=1&pp=15

he isn't done with the model yet but i'm really liking the style.

jv_

haha thats badass, a ufc game with that style would be cool

lostcancer

ToneDef

Anyone play UFC on Dreamcast (RIP)? Fucking badass.

lostcancer

i remember that game got a super good score, but i never played it cause i wasn't into this shit back then

CentralIllNoise

^wow. great read man

bj penn is a stud, his fight with st. pierre should be amazing.
if/when he defeats st. pierre i would suppose that hughes is next. that would be another amazing fight
then he wants franklin!?!?! haha. wow. it's great to have this guy back

DefCubus

That sucks for St Pierre. He deserves the title shot.

]

DefCubus

The Silva v Arona fight was officially announced today (Solidifying my purchase of it)

CroCop v Mike Hunt
Fedor v Zulu

]