Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mixed Martial Arts Thread (UFC/Pride)

Started by lostcancer, Nov 21, 2005, 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralIllNoise

^haha. mma (ufc) isn't about people getting hurt. it's really developed into an art form with some of the best athletes alive

but there are plenty of video's of the shit you're looking for from overseas

hydroponic82

Quote from: "CentralIllNoise"

but there are plenty of video's of the shit you're looking for from overseas

really? hook up a link homie.

and yea i really like ufc its cool, wish i could keep up with it more . i usually just watch spike tv. when i had a card for my satellite i got alll those ppv's for free .good times.

CentralIllNoise

yeah..well tonight is a great opprotunity to catch it on SpikeTV. at 8/9c there is ultimate fight night 3, which should be pretty solid. 8 fights

and that over seas no holds barred stuff is avaliable on like ares and stuff like that. i've seen barbwire rings, biting, shit like that. i thought it was cool in like junior high, i don't have any of it anymore

hydroponic82

what happend to Teigllman's chest? one side is missing. he's awesome.
too bad his ass got handed to him.

edit:::::

holy shit gracies back.

CentralIllNoise

haha. Royce Gracie vs. Matt Hughes. can't wait!

The Country Boy Will Survive!!

DefCubus

I expected a bigger announcement :/

Hughes should beat Gracie.. hes old'd!

This event was m'ehh.. I didnt even watch the Sylvia/silva fight.

Just glad Von Flue won.

]

DarkHorse

So Tim "Cage Grabber" Sylvia won TSSS!

It wasn't the most exciting fight but what else could it have been? Auseerio fought a smart fight against a big fighter like that, I saw that he was trying to take it to the ground but wasn't able to. In the 2nd round Ausserio almost got the takedown but Tim grabbed the fence. I think with that slam Auserrio would not have let Tim back up and might have subed Tim. It's over now so Sylvia vs Arlovski is next. I'm pretty sure I know the outcome of that fight.

oh yeah FUCKIN Royce Gracie is back in UFC! and against Hughes, I wonder how much Bank Royce is making with this fight. I'm excited to see him back but it's not gonna change the UFC forever.

lostcancer

oooooooh teddy said FUCKIN with clenched fists

lifter

Quote from: "DarkHorse"So Tim "Cage Grabber" Sylvia won TSSS!

haha! serious. that wouldve been a sweeet takedown, cheater.but i still tim and it was a not bad fight. They did overly hype the annoucement. who that hell is that guy?... well i kno, but it wasnt THAT big of a deal. whatever, it looks like matt hughes is going to eat him.

oo and KO by duane or whatever was so fuckin quick and clean . quickest win ive seen, it was like 5 seconds into the first round, even tho they counted it as 11 seconds.

DarkHorse

haha the ref didn't know wether to stop the fight or not then he's like "ahhh, it's over!"

CentralIllNoise

there isn't a legit heavy weight contender for AA to fight until Mir gets back to 100%, that's sad

and the open weight pride toureny is gonna happen. i can't wait to see these brackets

DarkHorse

have any names come up that are participating in it for sure?

YourSkullisRed

believe it or not i actually do that stuff

CentralIllNoise

Quote from: "DarkHorse"have any names come up that are participating in it for sure?

w. silva and cro-cop are the only 2 i think i've heard that have committed. and someone said Gomi might, which could be career ending

DarkHorse

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh tonight was the best! me and defcubus got to meet Bas Rutten, Dan Henderson, Shogun and Ninja Rua, Pedro Rizzo and Frank Trigg at Fry's Electronics. haha damn best night ever, i'll post pics up when I resize them.

xXskittlesXx

Well personally, I believe that Georges St. Pierre is too well rounded for BJ. Penn. BJ. Penn is a great Brazilian Jiu Jitsu master, dont get me wrong, but I dont believe he is as strong as GSP, or has a better stand up than he does.
GSP is also training with a Gracie right now, on top of his already stellar ground work. But.. then again.. BJ does have something to prove to the UFC and fans around the world who still believe he is the welterweight champion.
Although my money is on GSP, I believe that BJ will bring his A Game and definitely give GSP all he can handle.. but BJ cannot handle GSP's Riddum..ha ha ha.
I cant wait to watch this at Jorges house. USA vs Canada baby Wooo!

DeftonesATF27

QuoteI think UFC and PRIDE FIGHTING are just like a safe version of buttfucking without a condom.

DefCubus

]

DeftonesATF27

Mr clean is everybodys friend.

DarkHorse