Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mixed Martial Arts Thread (UFC/Pride)

Started by lostcancer, Nov 21, 2005, 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralIllNoise

Quote from: "DarkHorse"ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh tonight was the best! me and defcubus got to meet Bas Rutten, Dan Henderson, Shogun and Ninja Rua, Pedro Rizzo and Frank Trigg at Fry's Electronics. haha damn best night ever, i'll post pics up when I resize them.

what the hell, why can't they have his shit in illinois. did trigg say he's fighting for Pride now?

i would have asked shogun if he will fight wanderlei

DefCubus

Trigg isnt fighting in pride yet. He just beat Ronald Juhn in Rumble on the Rock in the tournament, so he'll be back there in March.. after that.. who knows, but Trigg says Pride definitely wants to keep him.
He'll still be doing commentary on the Bushido events and maybe FSN now that Bas is back.

I doubt Shogun would fight Wanderlei.. they didnt speak much english so I didnt bother asking them any questions..

]

Breach Unborn

sweet. i'm glad this thread is still here

Teddy.

Nailec

Im doing Judo, Fencing, Capoeira and Wushu which is pretty much at the moment considering i have do study. but i like it all very much though i am 188 cm tall and only weight 62 kg.
probably to much sport kills me soon i dont care ;)

Breach Unborn

there was already a mixed martial arts thread, so i moved your topic there.

sounds like an interesting combination of stuff you're doing

Crazylegs

Breach Unborn

haha. yeah, sweet combo huh?

how did you like that (hed)pe song? (crazylegs)

Crazylegs

it didn't work out, i needed some kind of registration to play it. I'll download it later. Are you the dude who uploaded it?

Breach Unborn

yep..i'll try to upload it a different way later

anyway..UFC 58 Card
Rich Franklin vs David Loiseau
Georges St-Pierre vs BJ Penn
John Alessio vs Diego Sanchez
Joe Doerksen vs Nathan Marquardt
Steve Vigneault vs Mike Swick
Mark Hominick vs Yves Edwards
Sam Stout vs Kenny Florian
Rob MacDonald vs Jason Lambert
Christophe Midoux vs Tom Murphy

DefCubus

UFC 59 ON APRIL 15TH

- Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin
- Tim Sylvia vs Andrei Arlovski
- Joe Stevenson vs TBA
- Gabriel Gonzaga vs Brad Imes
- David Terrell vs Scott Smith
- Trevor Prangley vs Chael Sonnen
- Evan Tanner vs Jeremy Horn
- Karo Parisyan vs Nick Thompson

]

Breach Unborn

that card looks pretty solid. it's good to see Terrell and Karo in action

i'll take:
Tito Ortiz
Andrei Arlovski
Brad Imes
David Terrell
Trevor Prangley
Jeremy Horn
Karo Parisyan

Teddy.

My picks
Tito Ortiz
Andrei Suavelovski
Brad Imes
David Terell
Chael Sonnen
Evan Tanner
Karo Parisyan

I'm a fan of Brandon Vera cause he's entertaining to watch, he also likes Rush and the Crow haha

From Sundays mmaweekly chat:

David 'The Crow' Loiseau gets a shot at Rich 'Ace' Franklin and his UFC Middleweight Title at UFC 58 on March 4th, in an event being billed as USA vs. Canada. On the same card, the Canadian welterweight sensation, Georges 'Rush' St. Pierre faces his toughest challenge yet, BJ Penn. Vera didn't pick a winner of the St. Pierre and Penn bout, saying he liked both fighters, but he did pick a winner of the main event. Brandon picked Loiseau to defeat the champ. Vera also expressed a desire to train with the Loiseau and St. Pierre camp in the future.

Breach Unborn

sweet GSP av holmes

i'm also picking him over Penn..by decision, in what might be the fight of the year

DefCubus

I'm going to applaud you for picking GSP :D

]

Teddy.

thanks Breach

yeah i'm counting the days for that fight. By the way do you own the smashing machine? cause I had downloaded it but I got the dvd yesterday and it's definately worth the purchase.

Breach Unborn

haha. thanks defcubus

and no, i don't own the smashing machine, but i have seen it a couple times. Kerr was one of my favorite fighters for a long time, so i made it a point to see the movie. i thought it was a pretty solid documentary

Teddy.

Melvin Manhoef vs Evangilista "cyborg"

you HAVE to see this fight

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2364PS2Y5DTBL28CNA7P0JXLVT

(uploaded at fightHQ not by me)

lostcancer

t3ddy me la pela
you guys ready for pride next week?! :D

Breach Unborn

yes, definately ready for Pride

i missed King of the Cage-Illinois over the weekend..i should have went, it was only 40 minutes away