Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

The Captain

It was cool.

Grady shaved his head which was surprising

Martin

I knew you were there 8)
Cool man!

Yeah, I saw this new promopicture with Grady's head shaven. Looks weird man haha

What songs did they play? Did they play some new stuff? Did they help on 'Headup'?

The Captain

There was no Headup :(

And I can't tell you what they played, I enjoy the Haven, but I don't really know any songs by name except for Carpe Diem which they opened with.

Lance from eightfourseven (who tech'ed for WHVN) pulled secondary guitar duty

Martin

Pity about the 'Headup', but cool about the dude from eightfourseven.

Martin

neutron liar

:'( :'( :'( :'(

very very sad news.... the Abominable Iron Sloth has died!  the end has come.  See their myspace blog for details.

Martin

Yeah I heard. Justin wanted to quit earlier.

Martin

Two videos of the Chico show here (props to Chief); 'Miguel...' and 'Helena'.

neutron liar

Martin

Martin

The trailer and the teasers to the Slipknot DVD reminds of Will Haven's DVD (the inbetween weird shots, the songs being to loud to hear, the fast forwarded shots, the slowed down shots and the sounds of distortion and fast forwarded stuff).

Gaz

News from WHVN's latest myspace bulletin

taken from MTVnews.com

Deftones singer Chino Moreno is in pre-production in Los Angeles with hardcore-metal band Will Haven. In February, the group will begin recording at Bieler Bros. Studios in Pompano Beach, Florida. The yet-untitled disc is due in late spring or early summer. ...

Interesting!

neutron liar

I saw this this morning on Blabbermouth.  Made me happy.

Martin

Saw it on ThePRP just now. Awesome news. Hope Chino pulls some additinal vocals on some track.

jc

Quote from: Tuck on Dec 09, 2006, 11:30 AM
Saw it on ThePRP just now. Awesome news. Hope Chino pulls some additinal vocals on some track.

that would be sweet. i was kinda hoping deftones would bring the haven on the european dates, i listened to mnemic and i laughed so hard i puked all over my laptop screen.

would someone also be able to upload any of the haven demo mp3s they had on their myspace for me? like battleships/ wake up and smell the coffe, curbside and handlebars to freedom please? thanks in advance

Martin

Listened to Mnemic as well, and didn't like that all that much either.
William H. would do far better, but I still have hope.

There's a topic about William H. and Chino on the Deftones section of this forum, and there it says Chino will infact be laying down some vocals. So that is just incredibly awesome news. Now all we need is Grady on a Deftones track and the circle is complete 8)

The demo's are coming up.

EDIT: New demo's here.
It includes; 'Handlerbars To Freedom', 'Battleships' (aka 'Wake Up And Smell The Coffee') en a new song (which is not 'Helena' (aka 'Frontrow Curbside').

jc

Quote from: Tuck on Dec 11, 2006, 05:13 PM
Listened to Mnemic as well, and didn't like that all that much either.
William H. would do far better, but I still have hope.

There's a topic about William H. and Chino on the Deftones section of this forum, and there it says Chino will infact be laying down some vocals. So that is just incredibly awesome news. Now all we need is Grady on a Deftones track and the circle is complete 8)

The demo's are coming up.

EDIT: New demo's here.
It includes; 'Handlerbars To Freedom', 'Battleships' (aka 'Wake Up And Smell The Coffee') en a new song (which is not 'Helena' (aka 'Frontrow Curbside').

thanks very much man. this will tide me over till the new album. cheers!!!

jc

Quote from: Tuck on Dec 11, 2006, 05:13 PM
Now all we need is Grady on a Deftones track and the circle is complete 8)

yeah, i dont really understand why that hasnt happened yet!!!! there are somethings in this life i think i will probably never understand. the soulfly song with them together is cool, even if it is the same riff for 4 minutes.

Martin

IT HAS BEEN
CONFIIIIIIIIRMMMMEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote from: Will Haven's My Space bulletinWill Haven will make an epic return to touring begining in March when they invade Europe in support of good friends Deftones. Dates for the run can be found HERE. In other news, WILL HAVEN have recently been in pre-production for their new, currently untitled album with Deftones frontman Chino Moreno. WILL HAVEN are currently scheduled to begin recording the new effort at Bieler Bros. Studios in Pompano Beach, FL in February with an eye on a spring/early summer.

deftones
will haven

3/22 Paris, France- Olympia
3/23 Weisbaden, Germany – Schlachthof
3/24 Koln, Germany – E-Werk
3/25 Tillberg, Holland – 013
3/26 Hamburg. Germany – Docks
3/27 Berlin, Germany – Columbiahalle
3/29 Dortmund, Germany – Westhafallenhallemark
3/30 Dijon, France – Zenith
3/31 Munich, Germany – Elserhalle
4/3 Zurich, Switzerland – Volkshaus