Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

when you have the album, just do this simple comparison: start Saga off of Carpe Diem and then switch to Helena off of the new album. you'll see what I mean.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Malpractice

I just got the album today and listened to it from start to finish and it's easily their best album in every regard

i don't see what all the fuss is about

Martin

Soon...soon...soon I'll have the record to...

jc

Quote from: Malpractice on Jun 22, 2007, 10:05 PM
i am sure you are all wrong

you'll understand it when you hear it. grady had honour, that's why he left.

retoir#37

yo i think the albums really good and all, but i do agree that the production is ordinary as. totally unlike Carpe Diem (or any other whvn album) in that the production doesn't sound unique or challenging to the listener.

kinda feels like theyve started again after a long slump and are taking baby steps.

i also think this album is much closer to the abominable iron sloth than any other whvn albums.

all of that said, of course i do think this is a great album and will haven still hold title high above the rest as one of the best heavy bands today.

retoir#37

Quote from: jc on Jun 23, 2007, 07:37 PM

i do however disagree with this, i think grady left for whatever reasons he left for (family, work, sick of being in a band?), i really don't think the bands material has changed enough for a member to leave for fear of their integrity.

he sure did fucking kill it like no other though! :D

jc

Quote from: retoir#37 on Jun 25, 2007, 11:25 AM

i do however disagree with this, i think grady left for whatever reasons he left for (family, work, sick of being in a band?), i really don't think the bands material has changed enough for a member to leave for fear of their integrity.

how come he left and that gave jaworski only two days to do the vocals on the record then? or something to that effect. and yeah, i never really realised how much eric stenman was to the will haven sound. slopez has really destroyed it.

The Captain

I don't have the CD yet, but in January I was told Stenman would still be mixing it.

Martin

Quote from: jc on Jun 25, 2007, 11:49 PM
Quote from: retoir#37 on Jun 25, 2007, 11:25 AM

how come he left and that gave jaworski only two days to do the vocals on the record then? or something to that effect. and yeah, i never really realised how much eric stenman was to the will haven sound. slopez has really destroyed it.

Grady left to take up a joboppertunity to support his family. When the rest decided to ask Jeff not much time was left.
Also thought Eric Stenman was mixing it.

Haven't gotten the album myself, hope it'll get here soon.

Martin

jc

Quote from: The Captain on Jun 26, 2007, 03:30 AM
I don't have the CD yet, but in January I was told Stenman would still be mixing it.

slopez says on his own myspace that he produced, engineered and mixed.

333tone

Chief has posted some photos from the video shoot. http://www.chiefspics.photosite.com/WillHavenHelenaVideoShoot/

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Martin

And the album has arrived!!!
*gazing at the package with the CD inside*

Martin

snw9

grady kicks fuckin ass..too bad he had to leave..i miss the screamin..anyone who doesnt know lsiten to "choke"
Code: [Select]

snw9

any more demos of grady singin over hierophant?

jc

Quote from: juvenile on Jul 06, 2007, 12:20 AM
any more demos of grady singin over hierophant?

only the three myspace demos i think. i'd like to be pleasantly surprised though.

snw9

WHY DID GRADY HAVE TO LEAVE!!!!NOOOOOOOOOO :(

Malpractice

snw9

i disagree...grady vocals + will haven=more intensity

im trying to find out which guitarist was on each of their albums..all i know is the bassist is the one from 1995..teh rest have changed over the years..