Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

2008 tour promo

[youtube=425,350]hr2jRiibGIU[/youtube]

vadimo

so what about UK dates?? are they seriously ignoring United Kingdom?

Martin

It's a European tour, not a UK tour. So, yup, they're not doing the UK this time, for a change.
Come on man, every tour outside the US has been a UK tour so far (with the exception of supporting the Deftones), this is, to be the best of my knowledge, the first time their headlining a European tour in their existence.

Battle-Axe

They posted a bulletin a while ago saying UK dates were in the works so I'd hazard a guess at the end of the year or something.

I'm still hoping they'll come over with Deftones in February though - that tour would be beyond awesome ;D

Martin

Quote from: Battle-Axe on Sep 04, 2008, 02:20 PM
They posted a bulletin a while ago saying UK dates were in the works so I'd hazard a guess at the end of the year or something.

I'm still hoping they'll come over with Deftones in February though - that tour would be beyond awesome ;D

Both of those things happened last year: Deftones and Will Haven toured Europe, and Will Haven came to the UK.

Battle-Axe

Yea, but I want Will Haven to come over with Deftones to the UK :P

Alvar

Quote from: Tuck on Sep 12, 2008, 02:04 PM
Both of those things happened last year: Deftones and Will Haven toured Europe, and Will Haven came to the UK.

..and i was there, mwahahahaha

hope i can see them again some day

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Martin

Went to the first show in Huy and it was great! Driving up there with two of my best friends ever, dogging parts of the 520 KM worth of traffick jams in The Netherlands, speeding through Belgium, crashing (in) a hotelroom and having fun. My Own Private Alaska was great. Got their CD. Will Haven was just awesome. Great, storming set. Was great hanging out afterwards, cool and kind people.

Euro Tour video part 1
[youtube=425,350]_pQkoxGt8Hw[/youtube]

Martin

Euro Tour video part 2
[youtube=425,350]EQR9hXkE6Jg[/youtube]

Check out my site. A lot of new (old) videos.

Martin

From their MySpace bulletin, some fucking cool news:

we have been digging through the old tapes and found some really cool stuff, this is some footage filmed back in the day when we were recording WHVN, and touring a bit on that record and footage from some of our first shows, This was put together by our original drummer Wayne Morse. He and I are working together to release another will haven DVD that will have footage from our first show ever all the way until now, with interviews with all the past and present members, close friends and peers. We are also talking about releasing some unreleased will haven songs that we wrote when we first started.
So for now enjoy some OLD SCHOOL shit!!
william h
ps speaking peers check out one of our favorite bands in the world and our closest friends www. thebandfar. com

[youtube=425,350]kD3DnOyEPTI[/youtube]

Martin

An interview I did with Jeff Jaworksi for a local radioshow I'm part of is online now. Check it out here.

Nebontha

QuoteWe are also talking about releasing some unreleased will haven songs that we wrote when we first started.
vury vury kool  ;D :D
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Martin

Entire tour announced:

European Tour 2009.
16.04.09 Le Grand Mix, Tourcoing, FR (with My Own Private Alaska).
17.04.09 Winston Kingdom, Amsterdam NL.
18.04.09 L'Ouvre-Boite, Beauvais FR.
19.04.09 TBC, Bruxelles BE.
20.04.09 Le Mondo Bizarro, Rennes, FR.
21.04.09 L'Empreinte, Savigny Le Temple FR (with Zatokrev and Comity)
22.04.09 Le Cousty, Besancon FR.
23.04.09 Bloom, Mezzago IT.
24.04.09 Jailbreak, Rome IT.
25.04.09 Magazzini Prensili, Pren IT.
26.04.09 TBC, Milano IT.
27.04.09 DAY OFF.
28.04.09 Le Sunset, Martigny CH.
29.04.09 TBC, Lyon FR.
30.04.09 L'Arcade, Notre Dame De Gravenchon FR.
01.05.09 Vera, Groningen NL (with Hatesphere).
02.05.09 W2, Den Bosch NL (with Hatesphere).

This is one huge tour! This is awesome! WHVN moving up!

Martin

Well. Entire tour got cancelled.

Also being cancelled is GeoCities.

defskull

I guess all the Will Haven fans left because significant news happened recently.

Will Haven have been rejoined by original frontman Grady Avenell. Despite Avenell's return though, the band will also still be involving his previous replacement, Jeff Jaworski. Official word on the matter from the band can be found below:
"After a little time off and doing a few benefit shows for our brother Chi Cheng of the Deftones, we are back to work. As some of you may have seen Grady did join us for a few of the benefit shows we did for Chi and also an amazing show in San Francisco a few months ago. After those shows we had a few dicussions about will havens future and Grady expressed that he would like to be a part of it. So after working out details I am very happy to say that we are currently working on a new record with Grady handling the vocal duties. Jeff Jaworski will still be a big part of the band and helping with the writting process on the new record. So we are more than excited to be all working together on making an amazing record.
We have been demoing a few songs and I can say that I could not be happier. We will continue to keep everyone up to date on when we expect to have a record out, hopefully in January next year or earlier. We may do one or two shows while we are working on the record so we will post them up when we figure out when and where; definately look for us to be in the Los Angeles area soon. That will most likely mark our first 'official' show with Grady. So we are more than excited to have Grady back with us, the time away has done him good because he is back with more rage than ever."

Jacob

that's awesome. finally I'm excited about Will Haven again :)
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Alvar

hah, i knew it was only a matter of time until grady comes back. very cool

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

jesusinabowlofdirt

when he sings "im climbing out this bottle" it sounds like "im climbing out this butthole". just saying

neutron liar

good. they need to get there shit together and tour.  I haven't seen them for 6-7 years.  :(

snw9

cant find any updates on their current situation!
Code: [Select]